SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND BRING FORMER WOLVES DEFENDER IN FOR TRIAL
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyToday at 5:03 pm by Exilium

» Midweek 7
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyToday at 11:16 am by Lever Malone

» Sunderland v Portsmouth
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyToday at 10:47 am by Exilium

» Sunderland chief issues takeover update at Stadium of Light
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyToday at 2:40 am by oxfordshire

» 1st round of the FA Cup - The Draw - Tis Mansfield for SAFC
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyToday at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» Rochdale v Sunderland
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyToday at 2:12 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Week 8
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyYesterday at 4:51 pm by gil t azell

» League Table - Week 7
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyYesterday at 4:48 pm by gil t azell

» Results Mid Week 6
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 7
The sadness that is Gazza EmptyYesterday at 4:46 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

The sadness that is Gazza

Go down

The sadness that is Gazza Empty The sadness that is Gazza

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-08-22, 6:53 am

I know many will have little sympathy, once rich footballer throws life away, get a grip, pull yourself together, grow up.

I honestly understand all that but addiction is a terrible thing, a daily battle and its one that sadly will only end one way for Gazza.

I promise you that if he could get a grip, pull himself together and grow up, he would.

Paul Gascoigne in hospital as he faces being made homeless after another booze binge

• Aug 21, 2014 19:07
  • By Nick OwensVicky Smith

Paramedics and cops were called after the football legend was seen slumped outside his flat clutching a bottle of vodka

Splash[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Alone and homeless: Gazza
Ex-England ace Paul Gascoigne was being treated in hospital today as he faces being made homeless following another drinking binge.
Paramedics and cops were called after the football legend was seen slumped outside his flat clutching a bottle of vodka.
He was in the process of being evicted by his landlord from the property where neighbours had recently complained of the noise.
As he was taken away from his £3million rented penthouse apartment in the exclusive Sandbanks area of Poole, Dorset, Gazza phoned a friend to say: “I am in trouble, please can you come and help me.”

Slumped: Gazza was seen outside his flat with a bottle of vodka 

He was being treated at Poole Hospital tonight.
A friend said: “It is very sad. But the reality is Paul has been drinking for the past few weeks and once that happens things will only end one way.
“Today things came to a head. He has had a lot on his plate as he is in the process of trying to find somewhere to live.
“His landlord had given him 10 days to get out of the flat and it was weighing on his mind. Obviously things became too much for him in the past couple of days and he has turned back to the bottle.”

Gaunt: Gazza cut a frail figure as a paramedic led him into a waiting ambulance 

On Tuesday morning Paul was seen in a WHSmith near his plush home, which has a balcony overlooking the ocean.
He appeared drunk and unsteady on his feet as he posed for pictures with pals.
Today a spokesman for the star confirmed he was aware of the incident at Gazza’s apartment.

Unsteady: The Ex-England ace needed a helping hand into the back of the vehicle 

A spokeswoman for South West Ambulance Service confirmed paramedics were called to attend to a patient in the area this afternoon.
The troubled retired former midfielder has been locked in a life-and-death struggle with booze for years.
His latest rehab stint was in January when he checked into a £6,000-a-month clinic in Southampton.
This was at least his seventh attempt to get professional help to quit alcohol.
Our pictures come after Gazza reportedly signed to play for Abbey Windows FC in Bournemouth’s Sunday football league - for a fee of just £8.
Gazza, who now lives in Dorset, could be turning out in Bournemouth’s Sunday league for Abbey Windows FC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The sadness that is Gazza Empty Re: The sadness that is Gazza

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-08-22, 9:41 am

We all know, and have known for a long time, how this story will end. Terribly sad. And he is one person wo cannot say they have not had the help and support they need. He just can't accept it as I think he actually does want to die. Whatever the reason for that is, I have sympathy for any human being that is obviously in so much pain and anguish. I wish there was more to be done, but I fear there is not.  Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-08-22, 12:17 pm

This makes me feel so sad, this man entertained me for years on the football field, he truly was a genius and it is hard to accept that he cannot beat this! Another George Best ending is almost certain!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-22, 2:40 pm

In his home village of Dunston (just 3 miles from where I live) he is regarded as a warm and generous person.
As we can see, the effects of alcohol can be personality changing.... a warning to us all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-08-22, 3:06 pm

canary-dave wrote:This makes me feel so sad, this man entertained me for years on the football field, he truly was a genius and it is hard to accept that he cannot beat this! Another George Best ending is almost certain!

Or Brian Clough

Or Jim  Baxter

Or Jimmy Greaves

Or    ........ the list seems endless.

Perhaps they were exceptional players because of their disease. 

They had sufficient financial security to pursue their own weakness, and an excess of skill to wave 2 fingers at the coaches and teams who wanted them to track back, run 10 miles every game, and so on to become another faceless robot on the pitch.

Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of who has "Pulled himself together," is Tony Adams.

Others have gone for gambling like Peter Shilton and Kenny Sansom, but that is regarded as being less serious than drink as is the other addictive killer, smoking.

Having watched Gazza play many times from his early days at the Sid James Park, I cannot censor most of his antics on and off the pitch. He is certainly with Bestie, Bobby Moore, Bryan Robson and their like in my probable "Best ever 11" i ever watched.

Yes. It's too early for a eulogy for Gazza. But I'm left with the inescapable feeling that itr will be needed sooner rather than later. Sad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum