SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Games in hand

Go down

Games in hand  Empty Games in hand

Post  cyprussyd on 2021-01-04, 12:38 pm

With our next game called off and games in hand can we not try and hit one of our games in hand in?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Games in hand  Empty Re: Games in hand

Post  Lever Malone on 2021-01-04, 1:44 pm

I think most teams will be waiting to see if we get to a situation where fans are allowed back into grounds. Especially those who have a home game against us.
 With all the games that have been and are being called off in Division 1 I think there will be quite a fixture pile up later on in the season.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2021-01-04, 4:30 pm

All games might be off soon and I think its right they should be.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Covid-19: Rochdale chief executive says suspending the EFL season is 'inevitable'
Last updated 24 minutes ago 04/01/2020

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Rochdale are 21st in League One but have played two fewer games than some of their rivals at the bottom of the table
It is "inevitable" that the English Football League will have to temporarily suspend fixtures because of rising coronavirus cases, says Rochdale chief executive David Bottomley.
Dale's past two League One matches have been postponed because of Covid-19.
Seven of last Saturday's EFL games - and 52 across the season - have been called off as the virus impacts teams.
"Surely just for a month until the vaccine starts to get rolled out, we could have a break," Bottomley said.
On Sunday, the UK recorded more than 50,000 new confirmed Covid cases for the sixth day in a row and Prmie minister Boris Johnson is to make a statement about the situation at 20:00 GMT.
"[Suspending the league] is inevitable," Bottomley told BBC Radio Manchester. "Hospitals across the UK are being told they are to face a massive surge in Covid cases so who are we in football to be trying to add to that situation?"
But BBC Sport understands the EFL has no plans to introduce a so-called 'circuit-breaker' to the season, either on a divisional or league-wide basis, with the situation under regular review by medical advisors.
Fixtures will continue taking place as long as it is safe to do so, but the EFL is implementing mandatory testing across all its member clubs this week following a spate of postponements during the festive programme.
Of the 52 fixtures called off so far this season because of Covid-19, 34 of them have been in League One.
"My fear, in common with that of a number of other League One chief executives I spoke to on Friday, is that there will be so many players test positive that we'll almost have to suspend the season," Bottomley continued.
"Human life is far more important than whether we play football matches, surely.
"I'm talking from personal experience. My 85-year-old mother has tested positive and has been in hospital from the beginning of December with Covid. It's best football takes a break and step back."
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2021-01-04, 4:32 pm

Boris Johnson will make a TV address tonight to set out "further steps" to combat the spread of COVID-19.
The prime minister is expected to speak at 8pm amid calls for a third national lockdown in England.

It has also been announced the House of Commons will be recalled from its current recess to sit on Wednesday, so MPs can hear from Mr Johnson and to debate coronavirus restrictions.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum