SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Feeney gone

Go down

Feeney gone  Empty Feeney gone

Post  cyprussyd on 2021-01-01, 3:45 pm

Lee Johnson has confirmed that Morgan Feeney will leave Sunderland when his contract expires later this month.

After departing Everton last summer, the defender signed a short-term deal at the Stadium of Light and he made a bright start to life on Wearside.

The 21-year-old scored in the Lads’ 8-1 win over Aston Villa Under-21s, but his involvement was curtailed due to a knee injury sustained whilst representing the club’s development side.

Speaking to safc.com, Johnson explained the decision, whilst praising Feeney and wishing him well.

“We had a good chat with Morgan and I think he would be an excellent signing for somebody,” said the Head Coach.

“We just felt that with the strength in depth we have in that particular position, Morgan is at a time in his career where he needs to be a big fish in a small sea and find his identity.”

He added: “He will because he’s a very good player and an unbelievable lad as well.

“From what I’ve seen so far, I would recommend him, but for that short-term fix he requires, which is a lot of games, after some good conversations – with Morgan and his representatives – we decided it was best to let him crack on.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Feeney gone  Empty Re: Feeney gone

Post  Mackemneil on 2021-01-01, 8:26 pm

Somebody is going to pick up a gem. The wage cap is a real problem, otherwise we could have contracted him and then let him out on loan for experience.

Real shame, I was very impressed with him
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum