SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» SunderMad birth
Done deal EmptyToday at 10:41 pm by Old Man!

» Gossip
Done deal EmptyToday at 10:21 pm by Vincemac

» League Table - Mid Week 19
Done deal EmptyToday at 10:13 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid Week 19
Done deal EmptyToday at 10:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Got a message about being inactive
Done deal EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 19
Done deal EmptyToday at 6:45 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Week 20
Done deal EmptyToday at 6:41 pm by Exilium

» Kick off times brought forward
Done deal EmptyToday at 4:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Tuesday night ...match day thread
Done deal EmptyToday at 5:55 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Midweek 19
Done deal EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

Done deal

Go down

Done deal Empty Done deal

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-24, 4:05 pm

Sunderland AFC can announce that an agreement has been reached for Kyril Louis-Dreyfus to acquire Stewart Donald’s controlling interest in the club. If approved by the EFL, the deal will see Louis-Dreyfus become chairman at the Wearside club early in the New Year.
Donald said: “It’s been no secret that I have been looking for some time to find the right person to take Sunderland forward and during the course of the last year there have been a lot of different people wanting to take over. However, even though it is a matter of public record that some of those bidders offered me more money, I felt that they offered less to the club and to the community. Whereas from the early meetings with Kyril, his family and advisers, I have been greatly impressed with their knowledge and understanding, learned over a long period as owners of major football clubs in Belgium and France. I believe that experience, combined with a good plan, will provide a platform for the club to progress and I look forward to watching that progress from afar.”
Louis-Dreyfus said: “First, I would like to thank Stewart Donald for his integrity and reasonableness over the last three months, which has led to me having the opportunity to take a controlling stake in Sunderland AFC. I am fully aware of the efforts undertaken by the current ownership and Board to protect the viability of the Club and respect the difficulty of this task, given Sunderland’s recent past and the current economic climate.
“We respectfully await the EFL’s approval for this transaction. Nonetheless it would be remiss of me at this stage not to emphasise what an enormous honour it would be for me to become involved with such a historic club, in a city renowned for its rich football culture going back to 1879. Many will be aware of my family connections to the industry and, in acquiring Sunderland AFC, I understand the responsibility that’s placed upon me as the custodian of the club’s future.
“Moving forward, we have a long-term strategy which integrates Sunderland’s proud traditions with a modern structure and approach. We will seek to be at the frontier of research and innovation in all performance domains and place great emphasis on player development and the team’s style of play. We want to create a team that is entertaining to watch and that embodies the spirit and the culture of those who attend, thereby reconnecting the team with its fanbase, whose support will be so vital to our success.“In the midst of a global pandemic, we should all be aware of the difficult situation the club is currently in and the challenges we face in the months to come. However, through hard work, a diligent plan and togetherness from the Board of Directors, staff, players and supporters we can between us create a brighter future at the Stadium of Light. If we all play our parts, I firmly believe we can restore Sunderland AFC to the top tier of English football and I can’t wait to get started.”
Documentation relating to the deal has been lodged today with the EFL for their scrutiny, and the Club recognises that the EFL need to approve all aspects of the transaction and business plan going forward before any change of control. Given the time of year, that process is not expected to conclude until mid-January, until which point there will be no further public comment from Sunderland AFC or Kyril Louis-Dreyfus.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Mackemneil likes this post

Back to top Go down

Done deal Empty Re: Done deal

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-12-24, 4:54 pm

like Great, maybe it will be a Happy New Year on the football front.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-24, 6:28 pm

Mackemneil wrote:like Great, maybe it will be a Happy New Year on the football front.
Well its hard to believe it could be worse

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-24, 6:28 pm

Mackemneil wrote:like Great, maybe it will be a Happy New Year on the football front.
Well its hard to believe it could be worse

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-26, 6:45 pm

RAWA say they will offer him the ‘warmest of welcomes’ but have made it quite clear supporters will want to see ‘evidence of an assured plan of long-term progression’, especially given the long-held frustrations of fans under the Stewart Donald era.

Idiots 
Let them get on with it 
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-12-26, 7:37 pm

If I'd just bought S.A.F.C. and RAWA, or anyone said that they wanted to see 'evidence' of my plans, I'd tell them where to go immediately, making my position, but more importantly their position very clear . . . . stupid bastards !
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-26, 7:52 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:If I'd just bought S.A.F.C. and RAWA, or anyone said that they wanted to see 'evidence' of my plans, I'd tell them where to go immediately, making my position, but more importantly their position very clear . . . . stupid bastards !
This, this then this again

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-12-27, 9:28 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:If I'd just bought S.A.F.C. and RAWA, or anyone said that they wanted to see 'evidence' of my plans, I'd tell them where to go immediately, making my position, but more importantly their position very clear . . . . stupid bastards !
I think RAWA are getting above themselves once again Mad
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-27, 11:08 am

Vincemac wrote:RAWA say they will offer him the ‘warmest of welcomes’ but have made it quite clear supporters will want to see ‘evidence of an assured plan of long-term progression’, especially given the long-held frustrations of fans under the Stewart Donald era.

Idiots 
Let them get on with it 
I’m not against supporters groups 
I was a member and organiser in the past 
However leave the running of the club to the owners and manager
These groups are not there to contradict the owners and they haven’t even started yet
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-29, 11:39 am

They haven't said anything wrong, some people need to get a grip
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-29, 5:54 pm

Steve30000 wrote:They haven't said anything wrong, some people need to get a grip
Have you read the original
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-29, 6:01 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:They haven't said anything wrong, some people need to get a grip

Yes. People are going over the top. He's not going to pull out just because some supporters group want to see the plans for the club if that's what some fans are fretting over either.

What's wrong with asking questions of ANY owner of a club?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-29, 6:24 pm

Steve30000 wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

Yes. People are going over the top. He's not going to pull out just because some supporters group want to see the plans for the club if that's what some fans are fretting over either.

It’s not questions though is it 
It’s demands 
That’s what I don’t like
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-29, 6:30 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

It’s demands 
That’s what I don’t like

They're not demands fgs..
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-29, 7:07 pm

Steve30000 wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

It’s demands 
That’s what I don’t like

They're not demands fgs..
read the origional again 
How many times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:45 pm

RAWA say they will offer him the ‘warmest of welcomes’ but have made it quite clear supporters will want to see ‘evidence of an assured plan of long-term progression’, especially given the long-held frustrations of fans under the Stewart Donald era.
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-12-29, 7:20 pm

I guess it's gives the good folk at RAWA a well intentioned purpose in life but one does have to wonder if the individuals would not be better off serving the community they claim to want to help by cooking meals for the needy.

Last edited by Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-12-29, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-12-29, 7:54 pm

Aye . . . . they might be good at that !

They're obviously unsuited to representing us fans Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum