SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

SUNDERLAND TAKEOVER SAGA TAKES ANOTHER TWIST AS REPUTABLE JOURNALIST DELIVERS UPDATE

Go down

SUNDERLAND TAKEOVER SAGA TAKES ANOTHER TWIST AS REPUTABLE JOURNALIST DELIVERS UPDATE Empty SUNDERLAND TAKEOVER SAGA TAKES ANOTHER TWIST AS REPUTABLE JOURNALIST DELIVERS UPDATE

Post  Exilium on 2020-12-20, 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The proposed takeover of League One sleeping giants Sunderland doesn’t look set to be concluded anytime soon, as new details have emerged on Kyril Louis-Dreyfus’ terms of the deal.
22-year-old Dreyfus has been in talks to purchase the Black Cats along with current shareholder Juan Sartori for well over a month now, but conformation of the deal has yet to come to fruition.
It had been reported last month that current owner Stewart Donald had agreed a deal in principle with the pair, but it seems as though the terms of the agreement have now shifted.

In the original proposal, Donald would retain 15% of the ownership, and former chief executive Charlie Methven would keep his 5% share of the club.
Dreyfus and Sartori were originally going to halve their proposed 78% share of the club, but now according to Alan Nixon of The Sun, Dreyfus wants a majority.
If Dreyfus wanted to be the majority shareholder, then Sartori’s shares would have to be just 27%, something he may not want to agree to.
Nixon has said that this has caused problems with the takeover, and it now remains to be seen whether or not it will be completed anytime soon.
The Verdict
One man who will be desperate for this saga to be concluded is Lee Johnson, who will want to bolster his squad in the January transfer window.
It makes sense for Dreyfus to want to be the leading man in the boardroom considering he has a trust fund estimated to be valued at £2billion – he could bring some serious money to the table on Wearside.
But there’s no winner in this current scenario. The fans are beginning to lose patience with the saga, the new manager will want it done as soon as possible and neither Donald, nor Dreyfus or Sartori is likely to be happy with the latest developments.
Exilium
Exilium
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

SUNDERLAND TAKEOVER SAGA TAKES ANOTHER TWIST AS REPUTABLE JOURNALIST DELIVERS UPDATE Empty Re: SUNDERLAND TAKEOVER SAGA TAKES ANOTHER TWIST AS REPUTABLE JOURNALIST DELIVERS UPDATE

Post  Kipper on 2020-12-21, 12:38 pm

Exilium wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The proposed takeover of League One sleeping giants Sunderland doesn’t look set to be concluded anytime soon, as new details have emerged on Kyril Louis-Dreyfus’ terms of the deal.
22-year-old Dreyfus has been in talks to purchase the Black Cats along with current shareholder Juan Sartori for well over a month now, but conformation of the deal has yet to come to fruition.
It had been reported last month that current owner Stewart Donald had agreed a deal in principle with the pair, but it seems as though the terms of the agreement have now shifted.

In the original proposal, Donald would retain 15% of the ownership, and former chief executive Charlie Methven would keep his 5% share of the club.
Dreyfus and Sartori were originally going to halve their proposed 78% share of the club, but now according to Alan Nixon of The Sun, Dreyfus wants a majority.
If Dreyfus wanted to be the majority shareholder, then Sartori’s shares would have to be just 27%, something he may not want to agree to.
Nixon has said that this has caused problems with the takeover, and it now remains to be seen whether or not it will be completed anytime soon.
The Verdict
One man who will be desperate for this saga to be concluded is Lee Johnson, who will want to bolster his squad in the January transfer window.
It makes sense for Dreyfus to want to be the leading man in the boardroom considering he has a trust fund estimated to be valued at £2billion – he could bring some serious money to the table on Wearside.
But there’s no winner in this current scenario. The fans are beginning to lose patience with the saga, the new manager will want it done as soon as possible and neither Donald, nor Dreyfus or Sartori is likely to be happy with the latest developments.
I believe this is out of date and am hopeful things are nearing a conclusion, bit that could just be me picking and choosing what I believe and looking on the optimistic side.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

SUNDERLAND TAKEOVER SAGA TAKES ANOTHER TWIST AS REPUTABLE JOURNALIST DELIVERS UPDATE Empty Re: SUNDERLAND TAKEOVER SAGA TAKES ANOTHER TWIST AS REPUTABLE JOURNALIST DELIVERS UPDATE

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-12-21, 9:16 pm

It's all been agreed and signed, apparently Wink

I've just had this message, which I hope is right . . . . "Players and staff have been told today that it’s 100% dotted and done."

This should mean that the announcement is imminent Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  Exilium on 2020-12-21, 11:36 pm

Que Sera...
Exilium
Exilium
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Exilium on 2020-12-22, 12:06 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:It's all been agreed and signed, apparently Wink

I've just had this message, which I hope is right . . . . "Players and staff have been told today that it’s 100% dotted and done."

What does it mean if something is imminent?
Something that is imminent is just about to happen: if you light a firecracker and then stick it down your pants, a very bad situation is imminent.
Exilium
Exilium
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-12-22, 9:03 am

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-22, 9:04 am

11am today
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-12-22, 6:54 pm

Vincemac wrote:11am today

Not sure what changed it today but still very very close to the announcement. Trouble is the longer they leave it it will be more difficult to stop leaks getting to the press.

Personally I though Xmas eve would have been a good time but cannot see it waiting that long.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-22, 11:43 pm

Believing itks on 606..🤣 Last time I was on there and said I didn't believe a word that was said about a takeover being done... You banned me. 🙄
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-12-23, 10:15 am

Steve30000 wrote:

Believing itks on 606..🤣 Last time I was on there and said I didn't believe a word that was said about a takeover being done... You banned me. 🙄
I think those ITKs post in good faith. So you're either a hopeful or a cynic. When it comes to Sunderland, I'm always a hopeful. Just gives me a better state of being in a glass half full sort of way.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-23, 10:20 am

Kipper wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:

I think those ITKs post in good faith. So you're either a hopeful or a cynic. When it comes to Sunderland, I'm always a hopeful. Just gives me a better state of being in a glass half full sort of way.

Shouldn't be banned for telling someone that you don't believe them though. Last time I checked... that wasn't on the rules on their website, but some mods just love the power, knowing you can do sod all about it.
Pathetic imo.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-12-23, 11:31 am

Ha ha   Laughing

After discussion, Steve (it wasn't just me), you were deservedly banned for being an arse and constant disruption.

What you shouldn't do is bring your grievance over here, mind [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As far as believing ITKs is concerned, most people do because they do have sources and they're not making it up like you suggest . . . . I certainly wouldn't laugh at them like you are [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There'll be an announcement sooner than you (probably) think, Steve [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-23, 12:12 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Ha ha   Laughing

After discussion, Steve (it wasn't just me), you were deservedly banned for being an arse and constant disruption.

What you shouldn't do is bring your grievance over here, mind [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As far as believing ITKs is concerned, most people do because they do have sources and they're not making it up like you suggest . . . . I certainly wouldn't laugh at them like you are [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There'll be an announcement sooner than you (probably) think, Steve [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Constant disruption. What absolute rubbish, basically I'm not allowed to disagree with anyone, bet you'd ban me from here now if you could, simply because I'm arguing with your opinion.

I'll let you crack on being a police officer over there though, you clearly enjoy the power.

As for this takeover, I don't believe any itks over there, they've got so much wrong. Many times they've spouted tosh and people fall over themselves to believe what they say.

What happened to a certain itk who said fuhrman was going to take over, with robleyvev fella taking some shares? Didn't happen.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-12-23, 12:31 pm

Steve30000 wrote:

Constant disruption. What absolute rubbish, basically I'm not allowed to disagree with anyone, bet you'd ban me from here now if you could, simply because I'm arguing with your opinion.

I'll let you crack on being a police officer over there though, you clearly enjoy the power.

As for this takeover, I don't believe any itks over there, they've got so much wrong. Many times they've spouted tosh and people fall over themselves to believe what they say.

What happened to a certain itk who said fuhrman was going to take over, with robleyvev fella taking some shares? Didn't happen.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Debate it over there, not on this forum.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-12-23, 12:34 pm

I'd ban you if I could, eh ?

I've got the power to do just that here, too, Steve [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I won't though, 'cos you've done nothing to deserve that . . . . being a tit isn't a banning offence [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please stop derailing this thread, though, 'cos that's not right . . . . and this is the second time that I've mentioned it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-23, 1:29 pm

Kipper wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Debate it over there, not on this forum.

Wait a minute matey, I can't debate it over there, can I?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-12-23, 1:36 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I'd ban you if I could, eh ?

I've got the power to do just that here, too, Steve [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I won't though, 'cos you've done nothing to deserve that . . . . being a tit isn't a banning offence [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please stop derailing this thread, though, 'cos that's not right . . . . and this is the second time that I've mentioned it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am discussing this thread, it's about a rumour of a takeover, and you've mentioned a rumour of people saying they've heard of what could be happening elsewhere. At 11am yesterday... Did anything of any note happen then?

So there's no derailment of any thread, it's exactly what I'm discussing, it's not my fault if you can't handle the fact that I don't believe in people saying they know who's involved and when it's going to happen.
🙄
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum