SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» SunderMad birth
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 10:41 pm by Old Man!

» Gossip
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 10:21 pm by Vincemac

» League Table - Mid Week 19
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 10:13 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid Week 19
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 10:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Got a message about being inactive
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 19
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 6:45 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Week 20
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 6:41 pm by Exilium

» Kick off times brought forward
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 4:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Tuesday night ...match day thread
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyToday at 5:55 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Midweek 19
Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy Empty Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-06, 12:04 pm

Before heading to Lincoln on Saturday Johnson gets a perfect opportunity to take a close up look at players in Tuesday evening EFL trophy game at Oldham.

IMO there where some very encouraging signs in Saturdays game against Wigan with lots of balls going into the goal area and also the glaring problems of scoring.

The striker problems wont be solved until January and even then it wont be easy, the wage bill will need reducing with obvious candidates heading out,assuming anyone wants them.

Wyke is our best and maybe only option right now so players like Geads become important to get the goals.

Saturdays result was disappointing yes but probably good, a 1-0 win may have papered over the cracks.

So Tuesday becomes important not for progress in the competition but for trying to find the selection that works.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy Empty Re: Oldham v SAFC--EFL Trophy

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-12-06, 1:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Before heading to Lincoln on Saturday Johnson gets a perfect opportunity to take a close up look at players in Tuesday evening EFL trophy game at Oldham.

IMO there where some very encouraging signs in Saturdays game against Wigan with lots of balls going into the goal area and also the glaring problems of scoring.

The striker problems wont be solved until January and even then it wont be easy, the wage bill will need reducing with obvious candidates heading out,assuming anyone wants them.

Wyke is our best and maybe only option right now so players like Geads become important to get the goals.

Saturdays result was disappointing yes but probably good, a 1-0 win may have papered over the cracks.

So Tuesday becomes important not for progress in the competition but for trying to find the selection that works.
....... and to see who has the spirit and passion for the fight!!

let us see what the likes of Kimpioka, Diamond, Embleton, Neil and the like can do, please!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-12-06, 2:39 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Before heading to Lincoln on Saturday Johnson gets a perfect opportunity to take a close up look at players in Tuesday evening EFL trophy game at Oldham.

let us see what the likes of Kimpioka, Diamond, Embleton, Neil and the like can do, please!

I think Kimpi is still out but we have a Mitch Curry who has pace to burn. Get him in.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-12-06, 3:06 pm

Mackemneil wrote:

With the new structure at the club we may well see more of the youngsters which is no bad thing...the way forward is a blend of youth and experience and players playing in their correct positions...the exact opposite of Parkinson's thoughts of how to succeed imo
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-12-07, 10:09 am

Millwall fan reaction interesting.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-07, 2:41 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Millwall fan reaction interesting.
I would call it absolutely disgusting rather than interesting

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-12-07, 6:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

I do not think booing was the correct way to deal with this however BLM is imo a political movement. FA rules states this is not allowed in football. 

My opinion for what it is worth is it should have been a symbolic one off at all football matches.

I think Millwall fans in general are a bad lot but reversing this would anybody care to hazard a guess what would have been said if there was a WLM movement?

Before anybody questions me. No I am not a racist. I treat people of all colours and races the way I expect to be treat.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Black Cat Kiwi and Vincemac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-07, 6:17 pm

[quote="gil t azell"][quote="Mackemneil"][quote="cyprussyd"]Before heading to Lincoln on Saturday Johnson gets a perfect opportunity to take a close up look at players in Tuesday evening EFL trophy game at Oldham.

So Tuesday becomes important not for progress in the competition but for trying to find the selection that works.[/quote]

I think Kimpi is still out but we have a Mitch Curry who has pace to burn. Get him in.[/quote]
[/quote]
Give these kids a try
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-07, 6:58 pm

No fool like an old fool, thats my streaming pass bought

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-12-07, 7:56 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I do not think booing was the correct way to deal with this however BLM is imo a political movement. FA rules states this is not allowed in football. 

My opinion for what it is worth is it should have been a symbolic one off at all football matches.

I think Millwall fans in general are a bad lot but reversing this would anybody care to hazard a guess what would have been said if there was a WLM movement?

Before anybody questions me. No I am not a racist. I treat people of all colours and races the way I expect to be treat.
Gil, I think you've expressed your view very well & for the record from my observations I've NEVER seen you express anything in anyway less than that which you'd expect of others to treat yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-12-07, 7:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:No fool like an old fool, thats my streaming pass bought
Nah, Just fortunate to have the time to sit down & watch it in real time I love you

Did you get a discount?

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-07, 8:35 pm

[quote="Black Cat Kiwi"][quote="cyprussyd"]No fool like an old fool, thats my streaming pass bought[/quote]
Nah, Just fortunate to have the time to sit down & watch it in real time :heart:

Did you get a discount?[/quote]
I generally get a link to watch the matches
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-12-07, 8:52 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nah, Just fortunate to have the time to sit down & watch it in real time I love you

Did you get a discount?
I should probably do so but tbh the past few months have not allowed it & given what's been dished up play wise I've not bothered to go any further than the highlights online later in the day for free  Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-07, 8:54 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Did you get a discount?
I should probably do so but tbh the past few months have not allowed it & given what's been dished up play wise I've not bothered to go any further than the highlights online later in the day for free  Embarassed
Unfortunately as you know 
You have not missed much
Sadly
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-12-07, 9:01 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Did you get a discount?
Unfortunately as you know 
You have not missed much
Sadly
The hardest part is the memory of being an EPL club with the associated players and craftmanship on display week in week out as opposed to what the club is now with a standard no better than the top amateurs I can see at the local park.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-08, 5:31 am

TBH I missed a game because I was losing interest but with the new set up and manager its team selection and style that interests me tonight, if PP was still here I doubt I would have bothered.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-08, 9:24 am

It will give the  manager a chance to look at some fring players 
However the fring players are no worse than what we have been playing
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-12-08, 10:07 am

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I don't want to get into this too much as this is a football forum after all, but the argument is that BLM is a human rights issue not a political movement. The FA have allowed it under their own rules so it's not up to Millwall fans to be the arbiter. WLM is not something there is a desperate need for in our (or the USA's) society. Every life matters but there is a need to highlight injustice and prejudice of which there are many examples today and within football [Anybody see the Anton Ferdinand programme by the way?].

It's my view that there has long been a very unpleasant element to the Milwall fanbase and they have done themselves no favours. Perhaps they didn't mean to come across as racist but I'm afraid that a lot of the time perception is reality. Whilst taking a knee can be argued just to be a token now in contrast to when and how it was first used, Millwall fans have not shown their bright side by their reaction.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Horatiocarter and Hieronymus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-08, 11:46 am

Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I don't want to get into this too much as this is a football forum after all, but the argument is that BLM is a human rights issue not a political movement. The FA have allowed it under their own rules so it's not up to Millwall fans to be the arbiter. WLM is not something there is a desperate need for in our (or the USA's) society. Every life matters but there is a need to highlight injustice and prejudice of which there are many examples today and within football [Anybody see the Anton Ferdinand programme by the way?].

It's my view that there has long been a very unpleasant element to the Milwall fanbase and they have done themselves no favours. Perhaps they didn't mean to come across as racist but I'm afraid that a lot of the time perception is reality. Whilst taking a knee can be argued just to be a token now in contrast to when and how it was first used, Millwall fans have not shown their bright side by their reaction.
Very well said

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-12-08, 2:33 pm

Have watched Oldham for 90 mins recently and my verdict is they are poor at the back but can score goals.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-08, 2:42 pm

Wyke is back tonight so I expect him to be leading the lone. Mcgeady needs game time so will also start but all eyes will be on Emberton   Diamond and maybe Neill

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-08, 3:54 pm

Yeah I would like to see those given a chance
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-08, 5:13 pm

Sunderland: Patterson, McLaughlin, Sanderson, Wright, McFadzean, Power ©, Leadbitter, Scowen, Diamond, Maguire, Grigg.

Subs: Matthews, Flanagan, Dobson, Wyke, Embleton, Graham, McGeady.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-12-08, 5:30 pm

Could be delayed
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-12-08, 5:39 pm

Vincemac wrote:Could be delayed
now 6.20 KO

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: