SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

SUNDERLAND MANAGER PHIL PARKINSON CLAIMS ONE THING HAS “LEVELLED THE PLAYING FIELD” IN LEAGUE ONE

Go down

SUNDERLAND MANAGER PHIL PARKINSON CLAIMS ONE THING HAS “LEVELLED THE PLAYING FIELD” IN LEAGUE ONE Empty SUNDERLAND MANAGER PHIL PARKINSON CLAIMS ONE THING HAS “LEVELLED THE PLAYING FIELD” IN LEAGUE ONE

Post  Exilium on 2020-11-29, 12:37 pm

Sunderland manager Phil Parkinson says the introduction of a salary cap means that games are going to be closer than usual in League One this season.

The salary cap was introduced in the third-tier of English football in order to cope with the financial impact of the current global situation.
Parkinson however, feels that the new rules, which cover the amount that can be spent on player wages, have perhaps not helped his side so far this season.

Speaking after his side’s 1-1 draw away at Fleetwood on Friday night – their fifth consecutive game without a win in all competitions – Parkinson was quoted by The Chronicle as saying: “Games are going to be tight. I think that because of the stature of our club, there can be a feeling we should be winning games three or four-nil all the time, but the salary cap has levelled the playing field.
Indeed, it seems the introduction of the salary cap did restrict Sunderland in the transfer market over the summer, with Parkinson going on to add“We wanted to bring in more players and strengthen in different areas, but we couldn’t do it, and with all the attention on coronavirus, the salary cap kind of went under the radar a little bit.
“I’d love to say we will turn up every week and win four or five-nil, but other teams have got just as much money as us to spend on player wages. We’re going to have to fight tooth and nail for every point.”

Even so, Parkinson still appears optimistic things will turn back in his side’s favour sooner rather than later, as he concluded“We know that some of our draws should have been wins, but I’m confident we will start to get wins because there are so many good parts in our play.”
Exilium
Exilium
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

SUNDERLAND MANAGER PHIL PARKINSON CLAIMS ONE THING HAS “LEVELLED THE PLAYING FIELD” IN LEAGUE ONE Empty Re: SUNDERLAND MANAGER PHIL PARKINSON CLAIMS ONE THING HAS “LEVELLED THE PLAYING FIELD” IN LEAGUE ONE

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-11-29, 5:47 pm

.......Even so, Parkinson still appears optimistic things will turn back in his side’s favour sooner rather than later, as he concluded“We know that some of our draws should have been wins, but I’m confident once I'm gone we will start to get wins because there are so many good parts in our play.”

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum