SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
The bairns EmptyToday at 5:45 pm by Hieronymus

» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
The bairns EmptyToday at 5:29 pm by Hieronymus

» Fleetwood away
The bairns EmptyToday at 5:27 pm by Hieronymus

» Parkinson is the man for us
The bairns EmptyToday at 4:43 pm by cyprussyd

» The bairns
The bairns EmptyYesterday at 8:09 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Manager sacked
The bairns Empty2020-11-24, 9:32 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
The bairns Empty2020-11-23, 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
The bairns Empty2020-11-23, 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
The bairns Empty2020-11-23, 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Doncaster away
The bairns Empty2020-11-22, 12:21 pm by Exilium

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

The bairns

Go down

The bairns Empty The bairns

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-22, 9:57 am

Parkinson is being slated and rightly so but one particular charge is he does not play the bairns. I don't follow  the 23's and below so am not that qualified on who is ready for first team action. Diamond looks OK but IMO is still a bit of a Watemore and runs into dark alleys.  But who else is ready?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The bairns Empty Re: The bairns

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-11-22, 9:22 pm

Dan Neil
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-11-23, 3:24 am

Give them 15 minutes each game.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-11-23, 5:46 am

Embleton and  Diamond are the main two players that seem to be on the edge of the first team. Both have impressed on loan elsewhere and were brought back to the club because of their performances. Parkinson bangs on about how they will be given their chance and how they will have a big part to play this season yet they are lucky if they are allowed to warm the bench. My view is they should be given game time, maybe 20-30 minutes per game regardless of the score and if they play well, give them a start. At the moment they aren't allowed to show any of their potential sitting on the bench or coming on in the last 10 minutes or so...at the moment youngsters at the club look to have no prospect of progressing no matter how well they do, it's no wonder so many have left in the last couple of seasons.
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-11-23, 9:30 am

oldblackcat wrote:Embleton and  Diamond are the main two players that seem to be on the edge of the first team. Both have impressed on loan elsewhere and were brought back to the club because of their performances. Parkinson bangs on about how they will be given their chance and how they will have a big part to play this season yet they are lucky if they are allowed to warm the bench. My view is they should be given game time, maybe 20-30 minutes per game regardless of the score and if they play well, give them a start. At the moment they aren't allowed to show any of their potential sitting on the bench or coming on in the last 10 minutes or so...at the moment youngsters at the club look to have no prospect of progressing no matter how well they do, it's no wonder so many have left in the last couple of seasons.
That would mean Parkinson changing not just 1 but 2 of his brilliant philosophies. He'd have to put subs on before the last 10 minutes of the game as well.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-23, 11:26 am

Danny Collins said on SAFCSEE that after Embletons 90 min outing he himself ruled himself out of the next game. I think he is on the verge of being a regular first team starter but with his injuries is being brought in slowly.

Agree 100% about Dan Neil, I have been very impressed with him.

Diamond has it all but still has to convince me he is ready for regular starts.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-11-25, 3:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Danny Collins said on SAFCSEE that after Embletons 90 min outing he himself ruled himself out of the next game. I think he is on the verge of being a regular first team starter but with his injuries is being brought in slowly.

I have no expectations of regular starts for the youngsters (how can they possibly perform as well as the current regulars?) but it would at least be good to see more of them on the bench and coming on in time to make a difference.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-11-25, 6:32 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Danny Collins said on SAFCSEE that after Embletons 90 min outing he himself ruled himself out of the next game. I think he is on the verge of being a regular first team starter but with his injuries is being brought in slowly.

I have no expectations of regular starts for the youngsters (how can they possibly underperform as well as the current regulars?) but it would at least be good to see more of them on the bench and coming on in time to make a difference.
Sorted  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-11-25, 6:48 pm

I would put Embers, Diamond & Neil in. Could it be worse? Highly unlikely on recent form. PP is playing the experienced players every week and I think we would all admit it is absolutely dross.
The bairns might lose but at least there would be effort and commitment. At this moment in time I would settle for that.

Give them 4 or 5 games to build relationships/ understandings of each others style of play etc not 10, 20 or 30 mins here and there.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong Yesterday at 8:09 am

That sounds like a Rowell, Arnott & Elliott scenario, Gil Wink

They'll already have an understanding of each other, and what they need is to blend with the first team players to enable them to build understandings there.

Nice idea, and it probably (almost certainly) will happen, but only when we hire a manager. That's what we're lacking . . . . a manager 👍
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum