SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  EmptyToday at 5:45 pm by Hieronymus

» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  EmptyToday at 5:29 pm by Hieronymus

» Fleetwood away
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  EmptyToday at 5:27 pm by Hieronymus

» Parkinson is the man for us
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  EmptyToday at 4:43 pm by cyprussyd

» The bairns
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  EmptyYesterday at 8:09 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Manager sacked
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty2020-11-24, 9:32 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty2020-11-23, 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty2020-11-23, 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty2020-11-23, 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Doncaster away
Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty2020-11-22, 12:21 pm by Exilium

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?

Go down

Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-11-22, 9:42 am

Like the ps5. These "people" cheat the system by using bots to jump the queues and fill in all the details before an actual human can even access the site.
You can identify who the pond life are by looking at other websites selling these consoles at double or triple the price the very next day.
I'd suggest that proper retailers who sell their products with a rrp put procedures in place from the start to stop people using bots to cheat and scam others.

There's ways around it to stop this from happening imo, and it would give the genuine people a fair chance of buying their product at a fair price.

Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty Re: Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-11-22, 10:54 am

That sounds like sour grapes 'cos you couldn't get one, marra, but I agree entirely [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know how they work, but I presume that 'bots' are some kind of robots that cheat systems, in which case retailers should do something about them (assuming that they are able to), but they probably won't give a toss 'cos they will not care about who they sell to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's completely wrong, but now't will happen to put it right, I fear [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?  Empty Re: Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-11-22, 9:09 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:That sounds like sour grapes 'cos you couldn't get one, marra, but I agree entirely [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know how they work, but I presume that 'bots' are some kind of robots that cheat systems, in which case retailers should do something about them (assuming that they are able to), but they probably won't give a toss 'cos they will not care about who they sell to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's completely wrong, but now't will happen to put it right, I fear [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I couldn't even get the sites up to begin with to even try to get one. Most of them crashed, and it's because of these scalpers, I mean how is that even fair if you don't even get a chance to be in among the crowd if people are cheating?

Its like being in a queue, and these just barge past everyone to get to the front... That wouldn't be allowed to happen, so why should they get away with it here?

Then they rub it in people's faces by charging double or triple the rrp... Haway man.

Its the worst I've ever seen it.. That's never happened with anything I've ever bought.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-11-23, 7:49 am

There's just been a story on BBC Breakfast where a Burnley player (no idea about his name 'cos I've never heard of him) gave 2 away as gifts to 2 young lads - 1 poorly, which, as Dan (presenter) said, he got 'cos of 'contacts' !

That's an example of why we're at the bottom of the list . . . . we're not important Sad

p.s. I can't get one for my boy 😣
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-11-23, 6:08 pm

The simple solution is to wait for the initial demand to be supplied then when the retailers repeats to arrive purchase at RRP from them rather than the secondary market.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus Today at 5:45 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:The simple solution is to wait for the initial demand to be supplied then when the retailers repeats to arrive purchase at RRP from them rather than the secondary market.
Yes, but that will be after Christmas and it's a bit difficult to explain to a ten year old why he didn't get his present from Santa Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum