SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Parkinson is the man for us
Today.s the day EmptyToday at 4:27 pm by barrowmackem

» Fleetwood away
Today.s the day EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by Exilium

» The bairns
Today.s the day EmptyYesterday at 8:09 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Manager sacked
Today.s the day Empty2020-11-24, 9:32 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
Today.s the day Empty2020-11-24, 7:03 pm by oldblackcat

» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
Today.s the day Empty2020-11-23, 6:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
Today.s the day Empty2020-11-23, 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
Today.s the day Empty2020-11-23, 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
Today.s the day Empty2020-11-23, 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Doncaster away
Today.s the day Empty2020-11-22, 12:21 pm by Exilium

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Today.s the day

Go down

Today.s the day Empty Today.s the day

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 6:36 pm

We sit in 6th place on 21 points and looking at those stats we are doing OK, but today was the day the excuses ran out.

Against Mansfield, wee we could say unlucky, a one off, we may not have believed it but we could say it. and anyway it got rid of a distraction.

Against Fleetwood we put the kids in and we were through anyway.

Today, well today the fairy stories stopped and that cold stark reality kicked in.

In goal, well Mathews and Burge are both decent division one keepers.

The back 3, Willis and Wright fine but even with Flanagan and McLaughlin away what was wrong with Sanderson?

ONien and Hume at wing back seemed the obvious choice.

Midfiled players cant pass the ball

But up front we had our two star strikers, the ones we fought so hard for and in Grigg the one we overpaid for. Need I say more.

We are favourites for promotion but that seems to be because we have excellent training facilities and a big ground, it certainly cant be because of the players.

The manager will stay for the next few weeks and hopefully then we will have new owners, new motivation, new ideas and a good January transfer window.

If we dont then IMO its down to hope, that old Sunderland backstop.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

gil t azell and Hieronymus like this post

Back to top Go down

Today.s the day Empty Re: Today.s the day

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 6:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 6:49 pm

Next two games

DONCASTER AWAY
FLEETWOOD AWAY

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-11-14, 8:17 pm

I'm right F'd off and if we had a crowd I suspect he'd have been lynched by know. 
It's takes a lot for me to bag a manager/team but this MUPPET has no idea and so rather than act like an idiot and add abuse I'll just politely request he just resign with a little shred of dignity left.

Absolutely spot on Syd.

gil t azell, Hieronymus and Mackemneil like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-11-15, 9:03 am

With a takeover and probable injection of finance for the team in the near future yesterday's game was an opportunity for Parkinson to show our new owners he was the right man for the job. Playing a team who find points harder to come by than a Will Grigg goal, even the most optimistic Dons fans could only see a home win, however for the third game in a row a poor performance saw another defeat for the lads. Poor results like yesterday are totally unacceptable if we are to escape this league and I think time has now ran out for Parkinson and can see him being replaced as soon as the takeover goes through.

Once again the club finds itself at a crucial moment in it's history and hopefully the new owners can come in and totally overhaul the whole club from top to bottom with a determination and ambition and winning mentality without which I fear we will never return to top flight football
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Exilium on 2020-11-15, 11:23 am

I concur.

We are back to square one...   

I wonder if Big Sam could be the motivator for the remainder of the season, if indeed the season is completed.............
Exilium
Exilium

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-11-15, 2:52 pm

Its PP out for me. We have much better players that are showing us atm. PP is no better than Ross imo and is not the answer. Really wanted him to succeed but alas he is not going to is he. Sack him now get the right man in, position in table is good so things can improve.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-11-15, 5:15 pm

barrowmackem wrote:Its PP out for me. We have much better players that are showing us atm. PP is no better than Ross imo and is not the answer. Really wanted him to succeed but alas he is not going to is he. Sack him now get the right man in, position in table is good so things can improve.
The Ross comparison is interesting. People shaDows got lucky at the start by having Maja. Thing is under Parkinson Maja wouldn't have even got on the bench - too young.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-11-22, 9:50 am

Hope it is then. 🙄
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)