SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Parkinson is the man for us
Sunderland  v MK Dons EmptyToday at 2:29 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fleetwood away
Sunderland  v MK Dons EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by Exilium

» The bairns
Sunderland  v MK Dons EmptyYesterday at 8:09 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Manager sacked
Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty2020-11-24, 9:32 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty2020-11-24, 7:03 pm by oldblackcat

» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty2020-11-23, 6:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty2020-11-23, 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty2020-11-23, 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty2020-11-23, 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Doncaster away
Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty2020-11-22, 12:21 pm by Exilium

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Sunderland v MK Dons

Go down

Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty Sunderland v MK Dons

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 10:03 am

Match day is here, the day is different because of Covid but the anticipation  is still here.

Everyone knows I am a big fan of the live stream and the build up with Frankie Francis and Danny Collins is very good. And oh what a joy to no longer have to suffer that beacon of joy Benno.

So a good win is anticipated, enjoy everyone.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty Re: Sunderland v MK Dons

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-11-14, 10:41 am

Hopefully you're right and we have a good win....with a takeover on the horizon maybe Parkinson will play a couple of youngsters and play an attractive attacking game...then again...

Either way hopefully we pick up another 3 points to keep in the top 6 Smile
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 11:06 am

The Lads will look to return to winning ways following back-to-back cup defeats in the past seven days, but will look to claim a third successive Sky Bet League One victory. MK Dons are unbeaten in their last three league games following a slow start to 2020-21, and advanced in the Emirates FA Cup last time out by overcoming Eastleigh via a penalty shootout.
Team News
Phil Parkinson has spoken further on the injured trio who were forced off in midweek against Fleetwood Town in the Papa John’s Trophy.
The boss explains Callum McFadzean only picked up a minor hamstring strain on Tuesday night, but that the wing-back will not be involved this weekend as a precautionary measure.
Young centre-half Ollie Younger will be out for a period thought to be between four and six weeks after limping off in the first half, but there looks to be more positive news regarding fellow debutant Cieran Dunne, who dislocated his shoulder at Highbury Stadium.
Elliot Embleton could be rested for the game due to fatigue, after two appearances in the cup competitions in past seven days.
Luke O’Nien, Lynden Gooch, Josh Scowen and Denver Hume all return to contention after being assessed in training this week.
Jordan Willis is also fit after returning and captaining the side on Tuesday.
Opposition
MK have picked up 10 points from 11 league matches so far this season. Five of those have been delivered in their past three, having followed up a 2-0 home win over Wigan Athletic with draws against AFC Wimbledon and Northampton Town. Their penalties win over Eastleigh was then followed by a 2-1 Papa John’s Trophy defeat to a youthful Southampton side.
This is the club’s second season of their current spell in League One, having secured League Two promotion in 2019. Since their first campaign in the league in 2004-05, MK have reached the Championship once, as now-Lads striker Will Grigg hit 22 goals to fire the Buckinghamshire side out of the third tier. Despite dropping back into League One in 2015-16, MK have become an established outfit at this level, with forward-thinking boss Russell Martin at the helm.
Manager Martin has drawn on his contacts to bring in a blend of youth and experience to Stadium MK this term, including veterans Cameron Jerome and Richard Keogh. Scott Fraser, Daniel Harvie and Carlton Morris are also among the incomings. Callum Brittain, Rhys Healey and Alex Gilbey were among those to have departed the club, along with Ben Reeves, Joe Walsh and Jordan Bowery.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 11:07 am

Well after reading PP's update I guess the team is same again

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 2:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Gordon Armstrong likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 2:01 pm

Well I didnt see that coming

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-11-14, 2:24 pm

If it’s a back 3, he is playing O’Nien out of position again. Again, apart from Hulme’s occasional foray forward NO pace in the side and nothing to frighten the opposition. So much for a path through for the youngsters, only Jack makes the bench!!
I will be watching but not confident about seeing them put on a show. 1-0 if we are lucky!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 2:30 pm

Mackemneil wrote:If it’s a back 3, he is playing O’Nien out of position again. Again, apart from Hulme’s occasional foray forward NO pace in the side and nothing to frighten the opposition. So much for a path through for the youngsters, only Jack makes the bench!!
I will be watching but not confident about seeing them put on a show. 1-0 if we are lucky!
Does O'Nien have a position any more? It seems its when stuck stick Luke there.
Didnt see Mathews in goal and up to now Grigg has struggled to get off the bench, now he is first choice.

I hope I am wrong and this is a PP master stroke.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-11-14, 2:38 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I didnt see that coming
Methinks PP knows he is on the way out and has decided to experiment. Cannot believe Grigg gets yet another chance. I hate knocking our players but how many chances has he had?

I would still be delighted if he proved me wrong and scored a HT but I wont hold my breath.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland  v MK Dons Empty ChatBox Open - Sunderland vs MK Dons

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-11-14, 3:11 pm

I am on Chatbox if anyone wants to join me?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 3:13 pm

POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-11-14, 3:24 pm

Grigg ..... my 87 yr old mother would have scored that!!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 3:27 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Grigg ..... my 87 yr old mother would have scored that!!!
Is she a free agent, do you have her number, is she free next weekend?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Mackemneil likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 4:08 pm

ffs

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-11-14, 4:14 pm

If we lose this PP should be sacked immediately!!!

This shocking!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 4:21 pm

Have no fear, Graham is coming on

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 4:25 pm

is Grigg a striker

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 4:56 pm

Absolute rubbish

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-11-14, 5:01 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Grigg ..... my 87 yr old mother would have scored that!!!
I said something similar with a bit more profanity and I never swear! Laughing
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-11-14, 5:05 pm

Mackemneil wrote:If we lose this PP should be sacked immediately!!!

This shocking!!
Barrow and I agree - discussed it in Chatbox - just feels like no one knows what they are doing and the lack of pace is killing us.

Giving Diamond five minutes is not helping the team or him - he was nervous you could tell.

And I remember saying we should have tried to sign Jerome when he was available. He might be 34 but still got more about him than Wyke. Graham and Grigg put together. Grr... Evil or Very Mad 

Hoping the takeover thing all pans out and they bring in someone new asap because PP just does not cut it Mad Mad Mad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-11-14, 5:08 pm

Mackemneil wrote:If it’s a back 3, he is playing O’Nien out of position again. Again, apart from Hulme’s occasional foray forward NO pace in the side and nothing to frighten the opposition. So much for a path through for the youngsters, only Jack makes the bench!!
we weren't lucky and didn't deserve to be.

as I said above, the set up is wrong, too many players the same, no directness, nobody can beat a man, no threats, more sideways passing than creative defence splitting, few shots and if you cant score from 2 feet away you should never wear the stripes again.

Please, new owner, new manager as soon as possible before the transfer window and give some of the kids a go ........ it can not be any worse!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

Hieronymus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-11-14, 5:13 pm

We have suffered some dross over the past few seasons but we excelled ourselves today.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Hieronymus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: