SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
Defender in EmptyToday at 5:29 pm by Hieronymus

» Fleetwood away
Defender in EmptyToday at 5:27 pm by Hieronymus

» Parkinson is the man for us
Defender in EmptyToday at 4:43 pm by cyprussyd

» The bairns
Defender in EmptyYesterday at 8:09 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Manager sacked
Defender in EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 9:32 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
Defender in EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 6:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
Defender in EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
Defender in EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
Defender in EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Doncaster away
Defender in EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 12:21 pm by Exilium

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Defender in

Go down

Defender in Empty Defender in

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Sunderland AFC have completed the signing of defender Callum McFadzean. 

The versatile wing-back, who can also play centrally, moves to Wearside on a one-year deal following the expiration of his contract with Plymouth Argyle.

After rising through the ranks at Sheffield United, the 26-year-old enjoyed loan spells at Chesterfield, Burton Albion and Stevenage. 

McFadzean’s contract with the Blades ended in 2016 and he signed permanent deals with Kilmarnock, Alfreton Town, Guiseley and Bury prior to joining the Pilgrims.

Last season, the defender scored three times in 25 appearances for Plymouth, as they clinched promotion from Sky Bet League Two.

After moving to the Stadium of Light, the defender said: “I’m delighted to be here. As soon as I knew Sunderland were interested, I was desperate to get it done and I can’t wait to get started.”

Manager Phil Parkinson added: “I would like to welcome Callum to the club. This is a position we’ve been looking to strengthen for a while, and he will bring further competition to the squad.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Defender in Empty Re: Defender in

Post  gil t azell on Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:51 pm

Prior to discussing the signing it is good to see you posting again my fine fellow.

PP is steadily building a decent side. Bloody good defence, midfield looking more dynamic and just need the stikers to take more of the chances that are created. I am sure PP will have brought this lad in as back up and we do need cover over that side although we do have quite a bit versatility in the side with a few players capable of filling in in a few areas.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Exilium on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Exilium
Exilium

Back to top Go down

Post  Exilium on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

International career[edit]

McFadzean made five appearances for England's under-16 squad during the 2009–10 season.[22] McFadzean is also eligible to represent Scotland due to his Scottish heritage.[23] He was selected for the Scotland under-21 squad in March 2015.[24]

Assault charges[edit]

In October 2013, McFadzean sneezed outside of a nightclub in Sheffield and accidentally broke a woman’s nose and her hip and her back. 

All was forgiven when he paid for her kebab and taxi to A&E.
Exilium
Exilium

Back to top Go down

Post  Exilium on Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:11 pm

[size=52]‘VERY GOOD PLAYER’, ‘GREAT SIGNING’: RIVAL FANS HAIL SUNDERLAND ADDITION[/size]
Sunderland supporters could be forgiven for shrugging their shoulders at the sudden arrival of a free agent who spent last season pitting his wits against Mansfield Town, Oldham Athletic and Forest Green Rovers in the fourth tier of English football.
But Callum McFadzean could be a far better signing than he appears on paper.
While many of Sunderland’s underwhelming additions in recent years were players on the way down – think Jack Rodwell, Ola Toivonen and Joleon Lescott – McFadzean’s career is heading in the other direction.
The 2019/20 campaign was the best of his career after all.
With five goals and three assists from left-back, McFadzean was a major reason why Plymouth secured automatic promotion back into League One.
and before you wonder why he was still a free agent in mid-October, it was McFadzean who dumped Plymouth rather than the other way around. And, according to reports from the Plymouth Herald, he is a new father with family in the north.
“We love Fadz, he’s a quality player,” Argyle boss Ryan Lowe said in July, disappointed as he was to see the former Sheffield United and Bury man walk out the door.
McFadzean is still held in high regard at not just Plymouth but seemingly each and every one of his former clubs if the reaction to his unveiling at the Stadium of Light is anything to go by.
Sunderland appear to have found a player willing to give 110 per cent to the cause. And that’s an attribute that’s always appreciated on Wearside.
Exilium
Exilium

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum