SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» England dodge a bullet
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 6
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 7:41 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid Week 6
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 6
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 7:39 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Defender in
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Exilium

» Chat Box Open - Sunderland vs Crewe
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 6:56 pm by gil t azell

» News from Syd
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 6:54 pm by gil t azell

» SUNDERLAND 1 CREWE ALEX 0
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 6:53 pm by gil t azell

» League Table - Mid Week 6
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Drowsy and Syd lead the way
Will things ever be the same again? EmptyYesterday at 4:14 pm by Mackemneil

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Will things ever be the same again?

Go down

Will things ever be the same again? Empty Will things ever be the same again?

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-10-14, 10:10 am

With the pandemic showing no signs of slowing down, quite the opposite and the greedy bastards at the top of the football pyramid it seems there could not be a worse time to be a division one club.

Add i that we are a division one club with premier league facilities and the costs that involves and we are not in a good place.

Add in an owner who no longer wants to own us and it would be no surprise to see us see even more suffering. 

There is a real possibility, I would say a certainty that the north east will be moving to the top tier by the end of the week with more jobs lost and business going under you have to wonder just how many of our fan base will have the desire or financial ability to go to football matches if we ever do get back to watching live football.

Bleak times indeed.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Will things ever be the same again? Empty Re: Will things ever be the same again?

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-10-14, 12:07 pm

People that I've spoken to aren't bothered, with no inclination/thoughts about going to a match. I feel the same, but hopefully that'll change when (if ?) the time comes . . . . which is likely to be in the distant future !

I'd like to get excited about football again, but at the moment I can't Sad

Mine seems to be a Bleak House, too . . . . what the Dickens is going on 🤔
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Will things ever be the same again? Empty Re: Will things ever be the same again?

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-10-14, 12:38 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:People that I've spoken to aren't bothered, with no inclination/thoughts about going to a match. I feel the same, but hopefully that'll change when (if ?) the time comes . . . . which is likely to be in the distant future !

I'd like to get excited about football again, but at the moment I can't Sad

Mine seems to be a Bleak House, too . . . . what the Dickens is going on 🤔
You are not alone Gordon and each week that goes by makes eventually going back less appealing.

Right now I am happy watching the game on stream but how long for. We are all creatures of habit and our habits are changing, forced change maybe but change none the less.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-10-14, 4:46 pm

Struggling to get interested in the footy on TV due to there being no fans.

There is no passion. I do not believe the AV v Bindippers or Man U v Spurs would have had the same results if the fans had been in the ground. I accept there appears to be a lot of goals but it is more akin to a kickabout in the park with ya mates at the minute.

What I have enjoyed is the lack of diving (translated = cheating) from the players.

I am missing going to the match but most of that is the social aspect and meeting up with the cuddlies for a few ales and a bit craic.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-10-15, 5:38 am

I must admit that my enthusiasm for football has waned...watching it on the telly without the fans gives me the same feeling as Gil...it's like watching a kick about down the park.

Streaming games is keeping the game alive at the moment...but for how much longer? Revenue for clubs have been severely dented and various voices from within the game predict that a frightening amount of clubs could go under unless fans are allowed back

Question is..will the fans flock back? because of the amount of people who have lost their jobs I have my doubts
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum