SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Seems you are not alone Gill
The SunderMad barometer. EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by gil t azell

» Sunderland v Peterborough United
The SunderMad barometer. EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 2
The SunderMad barometer. EmptyYesterday at 7:50 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 3
The SunderMad barometer. EmptyYesterday at 12:15 pm by oldblackcat

» League Table - Week 2
The SunderMad barometer. EmptyYesterday at 12:06 pm by oldblackcat

» brighton
The SunderMad barometer. Empty2020-09-25, 7:13 pm by Hieronymus

» KIMPIOKA
The SunderMad barometer. Empty2020-09-25, 6:54 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 1
The SunderMad barometer. Empty2020-09-25, 2:04 pm by gil t azell

» No live football for us this year
The SunderMad barometer. Empty2020-09-25, 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
The SunderMad barometer. Empty2020-09-22, 7:47 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

The SunderMad barometer.

Go down

The SunderMad barometer. Empty The SunderMad barometer.

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-16, 5:36 pm

SunderMad is a small quite community but seems IMO to be a good community at catching the mackem mood.

Right now in these early, very early days of the season you can almost taste the mood, we want to talk football and our club but are struggling to know what to say.

I like I suspect all of you saw our drop to division one as a short sharp kick up the but need to wake the club, staff and players up, a quick return back to the championship while not a formality was expected.

We then managed to sack another manager, piss off the owner and get ourselves out of the top 6 to ensure one more season in division one but, I doubt that any of us would bet our home on achieving promotion.

To top it of the pandemic has meant we dont even get in to suffer the disappointment in person.

Nothing highlights our decline more than the transfer window, tens of millions in transfers are being spent to get the best in football. Here at Sunderland the return of Danny Graham and a lad from Hartlepool are our highlights.

When we look at our recent past and find that two of our big buys ended up with one in prison and the other playing in, where is Rodwell these days.

I so want SunderMad to be alive with excitement, chatter, anticipation but what is there to get excited over, to chat about and anticipation revolves around we we get a new owner, will we get 3 points and will Grigg ever become our hot goal scorer.

At least I have Emerdale and Corie to enjoy and the final part of Des.

Bloody depressing aint it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The SunderMad barometer. Empty Re: The SunderMad barometer.

Post  gil t azell on 2020-09-16, 6:33 pm

I am still extremely optimistic for this season.

Not only will we gain automatic promotion we will have new rich, very very rich owners. I fully expect all of the deadwood gone and new better players, staff and more coming through the doors.

I believe the magic carpet is about to soar again and keep on going higher and higher.

I look forward to our days out at the game again ( very soon hopefully, 2 home matches time) and having a few gargles with the cuddlies and once again meeting fellow SAFC supporters.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-09-17, 3:30 am

cyprussyd wrote:SunderMad is a small quite community but seems IMO to be a good community at catching the mackem mood.

Right now in these early, very early days of the season you can almost taste the mood, we want to talk football and our club but are struggling to know what to say.

I like I suspect all of you saw our drop to division one as a short sharp kick up the but need to wake the club, staff and players up, a quick return back to the championship while not a formality was expected.

We then managed to sack another manager, piss off the owner and get ourselves out of the top 6 to ensure one more season in division one but, I doubt that any of us would bet our home on achieving promotion.

To top it of the pandemic has meant we dont even get in to suffer the disappointment in person.

Nothing highlights our decline more than the transfer window, tens of millions in transfers are being spent to get the best in football. Here at Sunderland the return of Danny Graham and a lad from Hartlepool are our highlights.

When we look at our recent past and find that two of our big buys ended up with one in prison and the other playing in, where is Rodwell these days.

I so want SunderMad to be alive with excitement, chatter, anticipation but what is there to get excited over, to chat about and anticipation revolves around we we get a new owner, will we get 3 points and will Grigg ever become our hot goal scorer.

At least I have Emerdale and Corie to enjoy and the final part of Des.

Bloody depressing aint it.
Well said Syd.

And suggested lockdowns that I am reading about for north east say attending a football match may be off limits.
Same problems here in Victoria.

Hard to get enthusiastic when you watch on tv. No crowds seem to kill the excitement. Seems like a training exercise to me but still excited to get football back but yes, we need promotion otherwise we could be a league one for a depressingly long time. Is the jury still out on the manager. I am still not sure one way or the other. With the money spent in the past couple of seasons, the big stadium experience, the training facilities and academy, amazing fan base, why have we not done better? Why have we had so many "good" players who don't fit in? Why are Oxford no longer in league one? etc etc.

It seems that a majority of fans are frustrated and annoyed and don't understand why we haven't been able to get out of this league. I guess I am one of them.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-09-17, 3:09 pm

Syd - Why do you need soap operas when you've got SAFC?

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see whether Parkinson will actually see fit to play the youngsters and whether he will actually change the team around from those established  last year.

I can't wait for solid news about the takeover and what it actually means for us.

I'm intrigued to see whether we have now got a strikeforce worthy of its name and anticipating further recruits.

I'm fascinated to see whether Parkinson manages to stay in place for any length of time.

Who needs the Dingles?

Wish I could go to matches. I miss those Saturday afternoons. So it's shouting at the telly or marvelling at Maguire getting us out of a hole for the foreseeable.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-09-19, 1:27 pm

Well early team news rumours seem to suggest that Parky looks like going with the same old same old. Hope I am wrong.
Very disappointing after the talk of bringing in some of the youngsters. I accept Embleton not fit but we need creativity to catch the opposition napping.
We need success so please mr parky, give us success.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-09-19, 1:45 pm

I think we will get automatic promotion this season. I think we have the squad to do it but a little time should be given to get the team firing from all cylinders.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-09-19, 5:04 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Well early team news rumours seem to suggest that Parky looks like going with the same old same old. Hope I am wrong.
Very disappointing after the talk of bringing in some of the youngsters.  I accept Embleton not fit but we need creativity to catch the opposition napping.
We need success so please mr parky, give us success.
Was a good performance, solid in defence (apart from Burge with a scare early on) with Wright very good indeed, O'Nien scored, Maguire assist, Gooch made a great run and scored an excellent goal. Oxford had maybe one chance in second half. We are up to 5th and as we noted on Chatbox Fleetwood got beaten in 90+5 so we're all happy.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-19, 5:18 pm

Tell ya what, not many teams will go to the mighty Oxford and score 2 and keep a clean sheet..
Will Man City, United or Liverpool do it this season unless they get a lucky cup win, no but we did.
This medication is strong.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Hieronymus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum