SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Update
Josh Hawkes EmptyToday at 11:13 am by cyprussyd

» Week 12
Josh Hawkes EmptyToday at 10:48 am by oxfordshire

» Anyone fancy a Zoom meet up?
Josh Hawkes EmptyToday at 10:43 am by barrowmackem

» Results Mid Week 11
Josh Hawkes EmptyToday at 10:21 am by Hieronymus

» David Moyes
Josh Hawkes EmptyYesterday at 7:18 pm by oldblackcat

» Kristjaan Speakman
Josh Hawkes EmptyYesterday at 6:48 pm by Kipper

» League Table - Mid Week 11
Josh Hawkes EmptyYesterday at 4:16 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Results Mid Week 10 & Week 11
Josh Hawkes EmptyYesterday at 4:06 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» EFL agree rescue package amounting to £250m
Josh Hawkes EmptyYesterday at 2:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Wigan
Josh Hawkes EmptyYesterday at 1:10 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Josh Hawkes

Go down

Josh Hawkes Empty Josh Hawkes

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-13, 2:35 am

Sunderland have won the race to sign Hartlepool midfielder Josh Hawkes. The 21-year-old was also on the radar of LeedsNewcastle and Middlesbrough

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Josh Hawkes Empty Re: Josh Hawkes

Post  gil t azell on 2020-09-13, 8:53 am

Sounds good if we are actually planning to bring a lot of young uns through however my concern is if we get new owners, they want a new man at the helm, will the new manager want these? Most managers want their own players and their team not somebody elses.

Is he for the U21 oe 23s development squad?

I must admit I am not clued up on the bairns but we need pace and power. We lack both and need to address this situation before the close of this transfer window. If the salary cap permits.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-09-13, 9:51 am

gil t azell wrote:Sounds good if we are actually planning to bring a lot of young uns through however my concern is if we get new owners, they want a new man at the helm, will the new manager want these? Most managers want their own players and their team not somebody elses.

Is he for the U21 oe 23s development squad?

I must admit I am not clued up on the bairns but we need pace and power. We lack both and need to address this situation before the close of this transfer window. If the salary cap permits.
After allowing so many youngsters to leave last season we needed to replace them...as higher league teams were after this youngster hopefully we are looking at players that may actually push to get into the first team rather than just fill gaps in the u21/23's...

If we get a new manager in the future I believe as all new managers do he would assess all the players before looking to bring in/get rid of any...nothing to be concered about
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-15, 1:25 pm

Sunderland AFC are pleased to confirm the signing of former Hartlepool United attacking-midfielder Josh Hawkes.
The 21-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Lads following the expiration of his contract at Pools and becomes the Under-23s’ seventh addition of the summer.
Hawkes made his first-team debut back in 2017 and has already made 63 career appearances for the National League side, scoring 13 goals in that time.
The midfielder has also enjoyed loan spells with Northern Premier League sides Marske United and Dunston UTS
After putting pen to paper on a deal at the Academy of Light, Hawkes said: “I’m over the moon. It’s been in the pipeline for a while now, so to get it finally sorted is great. I can’t wait to get started.”
Head coach Elliott Dickman added: “We’re really pleased with this signing. He has lots of National League experience with Hartlepool and that will really benefit him and the younger lads in the group. Our job is to improve him further and hopefully he will progress with us.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum