SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Week 12
4 games in EmptyToday at 2:57 pm by Hieronymus

» Update
4 games in EmptyToday at 2:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Anyone fancy a Zoom meet up?
4 games in EmptyToday at 10:43 am by barrowmackem

» Results Mid Week 11
4 games in EmptyToday at 10:21 am by Hieronymus

» David Moyes
4 games in EmptyYesterday at 7:18 pm by oldblackcat

» Kristjaan Speakman
4 games in EmptyYesterday at 6:48 pm by Kipper

» League Table - Mid Week 11
4 games in EmptyYesterday at 4:16 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Results Mid Week 10 & Week 11
4 games in EmptyYesterday at 4:06 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» EFL agree rescue package amounting to £250m
4 games in EmptyYesterday at 2:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Wigan
4 games in EmptyYesterday at 1:10 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

4 games in

Go down

4 games in Empty 4 games in

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-05, 6:25 pm

What have we learned, well IMO we have learned that overall we are looking like a winning team.

Burge in goal looks confident and Willis, Flanagan and Wright look like a solid back 3.
O'Nien and Hume look dangerous on the wings and are creating chances and Maguire always looks dangerous.
I think Neil and Scowen will come in but, the elephant in the room is still there.

Grigg and Wyke look slimmer, fitter and quicker but neither look like the 20 goal a season striker we need ad we dont have the cash to buy one. Well I tell a lie, we did buy one in Grigg.

That is my concern and I'm sure it will be Parkinson's, we are making chances but cant take them, will that do for us?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

4 games in Empty Re: 4 games in

Post  gil t azell on 2020-09-05, 7:28 pm

cyprussyd wrote:What have we learned, well IMO we have learned that overall we are looking like a winning team.

Burge in goal looks confident and Willis, Flanagan and Wright look like a solid back 3.
O'Nien and Hume look dangerous on the wings and are creating chances and Maguire always looks dangerous.
I think Neil and Scowen will come in but, the elephant in the room is still there.

Grigg and Wyke look slimmer, fitter and quicker but neither look like the 20 goal a season striker we need ad we dont have the cash to buy one. Well I tell a lie, we did buy one in Grigg.

That is my concern and I'm sure it will be Parkinson's, we are making chances but cant take them, will that do for us?
I fully expect the team to gel after a few games and be top of the league at the end of the season.

I agree that neither of them two forwards mentioned will hit 15-20 goals however I think we have a few players who can hit between 10-12 goals a season. More people scoring takes pressure off the strikers.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-09-06, 1:27 pm

If Bailey stays fit, we'll be defensively stronger even though the keeper is weaker.

We'll be good for goals with maguire, but he's hit and miss performance wise, central midfield are too defence minded, and Wyke couldn't hit through the gap of an open barn door.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-09-07, 9:26 am

I have no faith at all in Wyke doing anything useful but for some reason I always cling on to the hope that Grigg will come good. I hope the missed penalty doesn't damage him again. Hoping Dan Neil plays quite a bit - he seems to be able to find Grigg. May have another 2 strikers coming in yet though - time we had another wow moment with signing a striker - the Argentinian could be it!

Power seemed to enjoy playing more attack minded and I hope Scowen plays more. 

Our new defender should be good as well in that back 3 and Flanagan will have to up his game to stay in there.

We seem to have more options than last season which can only be a good thing.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-09-07, 9:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:What have we learned, well IMO we have learned that overall we are looking like a winning team.

We'll take the league by storm after hitting the top second week in  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-09-08, 11:32 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

We'll take the league by storm after hitting the top second week in  Laughing
Hope you are right
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: