SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
Young players EmptyToday at 12:02 am by oxfordshire

» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
Young players EmptyYesterday at 6:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
Young players EmptyYesterday at 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
Young players EmptyYesterday at 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
Young players EmptyYesterday at 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» The bairns
Young players EmptyYesterday at 11:26 am by cyprussyd

» Doncaster away
Young players Empty2020-11-22, 12:21 pm by Exilium

» LEAGUE TABLE
Young players Empty2020-11-22, 11:54 am by Exilium

» Manager sacked
Young players Empty2020-11-22, 9:51 am by Steve30000

» Today.s the day
Young players Empty2020-11-22, 9:50 am by Steve30000

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Young players

Go down

Young players Empty Young players

Post  Kipper on 2020-09-04, 9:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The increased use of younger players may have been forced on us to some extent but it's about time and something I'm really glad to see. Continuity between the first team and the U23s is also very welcome and should at least encourage some of our younger talent to stay at least a little bit longer. Here's hoping for a much better season for our U23s and with those that Parkinson mentions - well integrated into the first team. There's a few there that will be able to prove their worth to us in the 1st team and I hope they get decent playing time.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Young players Empty Re: Young players

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-09-04, 9:31 am

Kipper wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The increased use of younger players may have been forced on us to some extent but it's about time and something I'm really glad to see. Continuity between the first team and the U23s is also very welcome and should at least encourage some of our younger talent to stay at least a little bit longer. Here's hoping for a much better season for our U23s and with those that Parkinson mentions - well integrated into the first team. There's a few there that will be able to prove their worth to us in the 1st team and I hope they get decent playing time.

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-09-04, 6:08 pm

always like to see youth given a chance, some will be up to the standard some wont. Who was that lad we let go and is doing the biz now in Sheff Utd first team.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Exilium on 2020-09-04, 10:06 pm

John Egan
Exilium
Exilium

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-09-06, 11:24 am

Kipper wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For me the only way to keep our youngsters is to let them see that if they stick in and work hard there is a path to the 1st team...and we need managers that will actually give them a chance and play them...and by that I mean give them more than a few minutes here and there then send them out on loan to "develop" only for them to be judged not good enough only for them to make the grade elsewhere
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-09-06, 1:11 pm

Dan Neil was playing well in the friendlies, we should be using him more, get us attacking more.

Just hope Donald won't sell him at the first opportunity to pay the electric bill.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-09-07, 9:28 am

Steve30000 wrote:Dan Neil was playing well in the friendlies, we should be using him more, get us attacking more.

Just hope Donald won't sell him at the first opportunity to pay the electric bill.
Agreed. I expect him to play more of a part this week but hopefully he won't just get dropped when it comes to league games.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-09-09, 5:03 pm

Stephen Wearne joins Sunderland

Sunderland AFC are pleased to announce the signing of former Middlesbrough player Stephen Wearne.

The 19-year-old has put pen to paper on a one-year deal on Wearside after leaving Boro at the end of June, and he will link up with Elliott Dickman’s Under-23 squad to become their sixth summer signing.

In total, the attacking-midfielder made 60 appearances for Middlesbrough at youth level, scoring 10 and assisting as many in that time.

After swapping Teesside for Wearside, Wearne said: “I’m delighted to be here. It’s a huge opportunity for me and I can’t wait to get started and show what I can do.”

Under-23 head coach Elliott Dickman added: “We’ve been aware of Stephen for a long time, so we know the qualities he has. We’ve had him at the academy for a couple of weeks now and he’s impressed. It’s another good addition for us heading into the season.”

Another young-un in Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-10, 9:31 am

Its funny because we have brought no one in who gets your juices flowing but I think we are building nicely this window with a good mix of potential and experience.

I didn't want Parkinson but he has grown on me, I honestly hope I'm not setting myself for one more kick in the teeth but this could be our season to shine.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-09-10, 1:38 pm

Maybe it's contagious, Sydney, 'cos I feel the same Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-10, 2:35 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Maybe it's contagious, Sydney, 'cos I feel the same Smile
dont tell anyone, they will take us away to spend our lives in a dark room for the deluded.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-09-10, 6:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Its funny because we have brought no one in who gets your juices flowing but I think we are building nicely this window with a good mix of potential and experience.

I didn't want Parkinson but he has grown on me, I honestly hope I'm not setting myself for one more kick in the teeth but this could be our season to shine.

Was that not the same with a certain Kevin Philips? I had never heard of the bloke yet he done reasonably well for us.

I think PP should get his chance as this is now his team. Lets see how it goes for a while.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-09-11, 9:05 am

Syd/Gordon/Gil - it's the three wise men!
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-09-11, 9:45 pm

Kipper wrote:Syd/Gordon/Gil - it's the three wise men!

You got 2 out of 3 kipper. Hopefully Gordon will get there given time  Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-09-12, 9:25 am

gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:Syd/Gordon/Gil - it's the three wise men!

You got 2 out of 3 kipper. Hopefully Gordon will get there given time  Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum