SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Peterborough United
Looks like November/December at best for us EmptyToday at 3:22 pm by Kipper

» Seems you are not alone Gill
Looks like November/December at best for us EmptyToday at 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» No live football for us this year
Looks like November/December at best for us EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by cyprussyd

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
Looks like November/December at best for us EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by gil t azell

» wine and vaux
Looks like November/December at best for us Empty2020-09-21, 8:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» brighton
Looks like November/December at best for us Empty2020-09-21, 8:05 pm by Exilium

» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
Looks like November/December at best for us Empty2020-09-21, 9:46 am by Kipper

» The SunderMad barometer.
Looks like November/December at best for us Empty2020-09-19, 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
Looks like November/December at best for us Empty2020-09-19, 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
Looks like November/December at best for us Empty2020-09-19, 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Looks like November/December at best for us

Go down

Looks like November/December at best for us Empty Looks like November/December at best for us

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-08-19, 1:40 pm

Non-league clubs at step three and below can admit fans to grounds
By Laura Scott
BBC Sport

• [size=13]From the sectionConference[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Two petitions supporting the cause to allow supporters back to non-league grounds have received more than 6,000 signatures

Fans will be allowed to attend football in the seventh tier and below, after the government updated its guidance on recreational team sport events.
Clubs in the leagues below National League North and South will be able to open their gates to spectators for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic began.
The decision means a distinction has been drawn between the return of fans to recreational sport and elite sport, where pilots are required before an intended expansion from 1 October.
It comes after more than 30 MPs wrote to sports minister Nigel Huddleston calling for the "urgent return of fans to non-league clubs".
The letter, which was coordinated by former sports minister Tracey Crouch and Dame Cheryl Gillan, warned that clubs "at the heart of our constituencies" could be "lost forever" if an exemption is not granted.
BBC Sport can reveal that the government's return to recreational team sport framework was updated on Tuesday afternoon to draw up protocols for allowing spectators in.
Fans will need to abide by social distancing rules, and spectator groups must be restricted to "discrete six-person gathering limits".
Meanwhile, organisers of events that are likely to attract a crowd will need to put forward a "named person or persons with responsibility for ensuring adherence with these guidelines and ensuring the facility is Covid-19 secure".
They would also need to publish a risk assessment limiting the number of spectators, and assist with the NHS Test and Trace scheme by collecting information from spectators.
The MPs who signed the letter had said that non-league clubs "tend to be supported by those within the town itself" and that average crowds are "in the hundreds".
BBC Sport understands that the Football Association defines elite football as being everything from the Premier League down to National League North and South, which explains why the new rules apply to step three and below.
A campaign using the slogan "#LetFansIn" has gained significant traction among non-league clubs in recent days, while two petitions supporting the cause have received more than 6,000 signatures.
Crouch posted on Twitter: "Football has many wonderful layers but non-league is often at its heart and soul. With fewer fans it's easier to make clubs Covid secure but without them coming back soon their future is shaky so we've written to Sports Minister calling for non-league clubs to #LetFansIn."
She later told the BBC that not allowing fans to attend non-league football "makes no sense".
An FA spokesperson said: "We continue to follow government advice with regards to the return of spectators and are working continuously with the Sports Ground Safety Authority, DCMS and Leagues to seek approval for a safe return as soon as feasibly possible."[/size]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Looks like November/December at best for us Empty Re: Looks like November/December at best for us

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-08-19, 3:26 pm

That looks like it'll be good for the likes of 'Sheels Wink . . . . but I can't see any mention of November/December for The Lads [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just guesswork, Sydney [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Looks like November/December at best for us Empty Re: Looks like November/December at best for us

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-08-19, 3:43 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:That looks like it'll be good for the likes of 'Sheels Wink . . . . but I can't see any mention of November/December for The Lads [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just guesswork, Sydney [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
No guesswork, I looked into my crystal balls, I'm on strong medication for them, and I saw snow and santa.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Gordon Armstrong likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-08-20, 5:25 pm

I expect to be in the ground by mid October watching our team. 

Hoping the club can pick random VIPs out of a hat and allow into the ground for 1st game of season. Obviously I want to be one.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum