SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Week 3
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 7:18 pm by Hieronymus

» brighton
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 7:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Week 2
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» KIMPIOKA
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 6:54 pm by gil t azell

» League Table - Week 2
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 2:07 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 1
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 2:04 pm by gil t azell

» No live football for us this year
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Peterborough United
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell EmptyToday at 7:56 am by oldblackcat

» Seems you are not alone Gill
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell Empty2020-09-23, 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell Empty2020-09-22, 7:47 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell

Go down

Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell Empty Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell

Post  Exilium on 2020-08-18, 3:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lewis Morgan described Sunderland as a 'shambles' as he reflected on his half-season loan spell at the club last year.
Morgan joined on loan from Celtic in January 2019 to once again link up with manager Jack Ross who had brought him through the youth ranks at St Mirren.

But the Young Scot failed to make a positive impression on Wearside, netting just two goals and providing four assists, with the Black Cats ultimately failing in their goal to achieve promotion from League One.
And in an interview with Open Goal's Si Ferry, Morgan confirmed reports of a divided dressing room on Wearside, saying it made for a difficult place to come and play your football.
Reflecting on his five months with Sunderland, he said: "They are a massive club but when I was there you could tell - not from the management or playing side - but the club was a bit of a shambles to be honest.
"It just didn’t have a good feel about it. When you were there it was quite negative.
"The dressing room wasn’t negative but there were groups, so it was a hard team to settle in and play well in. It just wasn’t really a good fit.
"Ross had got most of the big-earners out, but there was so many of them that they just couldn’t get them all out of the club."
In a rather distasteful interview from the now Inter Miami winger, Morgan criticised Luke O'Nien by suggesting he panders to supporters.
Asked about the high-earners at the club, he was also critical of Bryan Oviedo and Lee Cattermole, while also laughing when recalling Cattermole's penalty miss in the final of the Checkatrade Trophy.
Morgan continued: "There was Bryan Oviedo and Lee Cattermole who were big earners.
"There would be times where you would job around the pitch for your warm-up and then Bryan would take off halfway around and go back into the building.
"He would say his calf was sore, but there was nothing wrong with his calf, he just couldn’t be a**** with training.
"He was over here with his wife and kids from Costa Rica, and away trips he would just say ‘I’m not going, I’m injured’.
"Cattermole and McGeady clashed. They would never even have conversations with each other.
"I think that was one of the main problems at Sunderland. Boys just didn’t speak to each other, it was just wee groups of three.
"I think Cattermole had been offered a pay-out by the club but said he wanted to stay and win something with the club.
"We got to the Checkatrade final at Wembley against Portsmouth. It went to penalties and he missed his penalty and we lost it. So that sums that up.
"To be fair, he is an intelligent player. He must have done something to play at the level he did."
The division in the Sunderland dressing room was something new manager Phil Parkinson picked up on during his early months at the club.
After a terrible run between October and December Aiden McGeady was ostracised from the first team amid reports of a fall-out. Parkinson would only say that he'd decided the Irish international didn't have a future at the club, while McGeady himself always maintained there was no fall-out between the pair, admitting he was disappointed by the decision.
Morgan admits he liked McGeady and turned to him for advice a lot, but also admitted that a lot of the other players didn't know how to take him.
"Obviously we had Aiden McGeady, I don’t think English boys knew how to take him at all," Morgan said. "He’s ruthless. I’ve never seen anyone that ruthless.
"I think we drew with Burton Albion or something and he comes into the changing room and he’s like ‘you’s can’t play in front of that? Burton Albion, Wednesday night, 1 each? You’ll never play any higher than this level’.
"He would single someone out and everyone was scared of him. No one would ever answer him back.
"For the Scottish boys he was good because there was a few boys down there and I got on well with him as well, he still had loads of ability.

"He was their best player by a mile. But he does have a temper. If things aren’t going his way in training even.
"At that point he’s winning games by himself though, so you’ve just got to let him do what he wants."
Exilium
Exilium

Back to top Go down

Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell Empty Re: Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-08-18, 3:58 pm

I would love to say,"What a load of rubbish", but sadly I believe every word.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell Empty Re: Lewis Morgan on the 'shambles', cliquey Sunderland dressing room during his loan spell

Post  gil t azell on 2020-08-18, 6:28 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I would love to say,"What a load of rubbish", but sadly I believe every word.

Bit harsh on O9.

Might not be the best player in the world but he gives his all.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-08-18, 11:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I would love to say,"What a load of rubbish", but sadly I believe every word.
Ego's galore with pro's who think they've made because they've got a contract. The same the world over unfortunately. I concur Boss  No

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum