SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Fleetwood away
The hot bed of football EmptyToday at 1:38 pm by Mackemneil

» LEAGUE TABLE
The hot bed of football EmptyToday at 11:03 am by Exilium

» Parkinson is the man for us
The hot bed of football EmptyToday at 12:06 am by oxfordshire

» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
The hot bed of football EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
The hot bed of football EmptyYesterday at 5:29 pm by Hieronymus

» The bairns
The hot bed of football Empty2020-11-26, 8:09 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Manager sacked
The hot bed of football Empty2020-11-24, 9:32 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
The hot bed of football Empty2020-11-23, 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
The hot bed of football Empty2020-11-23, 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
The hot bed of football Empty2020-11-23, 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

The hot bed of football

Go down

The hot bed of football Empty The hot bed of football

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-07-31, 11:48 am

Most of us can remember when we had some claim to being the hot bed of football here in the north east but those days seem long gone.

Our most successful team right now are our friends from the north, Newcastle.
A team with a massive fan base and potential but a club that has been on the market for 8 years and still cant find a buyer, well they did but their dodgy dealings did for them.

To the south we have the Boro boy's who avoided relegation by the skin of their false teeth and avoiding relegation seems to be the main target these days.

Hartlepool, Darlington and Carlise are hardy worth a mention so I will say no more.

Then we have us, the mighty Sunderland with our disastrous recent past and even bleaker looking future. 

Whatever you think of us or our neighbours one thing is for sure, the loyal fans who support each club through thick and thin, more thin than thick, none of us deserve the kickings we receive on a regular basis.

Some say its because we cant attract the players, their wives wont come, rubbish.
We have The Cleveland Centre, Eldon Square and The Bridges.

Maybe they have a point.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The hot bed of football Empty Re: The hot bed of football

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-07-31, 2:37 pm

Football will have to change to cope with the new world post-Covid. A new funding model is needed, with the greed of the Premier League moderated and their largesse shared (imo) but will that happen? Some clubs will go to the wall as we have already seen as they do not have a sustainable income stream. I don't believe Sunderland will be one of these but our supporters will need to fight and make sure that our club survives.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-07-31, 3:11 pm

I wouldn't be concerned about not getting to games, the way the pandemic is rising I have a feeling none of us will be there in September.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man! on 2020-08-02, 12:11 am

cyprussyd wrote:Most of us can remember when we had some claim to being the hot bed of football here in the north east but those days seem long gone.

Our most successful team right now are our friends from the north, Newcastle.
A team with a massive fan base and potential but a club that has been on the market for 8 years and still cant find a buyer, well they did but their dodgy dealings did for them.

To the south we have the Boro boy's who avoided relegation by the skin of their false teeth and avoiding relegation seems to be the main target these days.

Hartlepool, Darlington and Carlise are hardy worth a mention so I will say no more.

Then we have us, the mighty Sunderland with our disastrous recent past and even bleaker looking future. 

Whatever you think of us or our neighbours one thing is for sure, the loyal fans who support each club through thick and thin, more thin than thick, none of us deserve the kickings we receive on a regular basis.

Some say its because we cant attract the players, their wives wont come, rubbish.
We have The Cleveland Centre, Eldon Square and The Bridges.

Maybe they have a point.
There is a Roy Keane item on youtube when he talks about signing a player called Matty Taylor from Portsmouth. He walked him back to his car after the interview, Taylor said he'd let Keane know about coming to Sunderland as he had also been approached by Bolton. Taylor walked in front of Keane to his car and Keane's phone rang, it was a text from Taylor who was not yet in his car. The text said "I've decided to go  to Bolton". 
Perhaps he was afraid of Keane?????  or his wife didn't fancy the Sunderland High Street. What do you think?
Old Man!
Old Man!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-08-02, 1:36 am

Yes I have seen that clip, Kean at his best

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-08-02, 3:59 am

cyprussyd wrote:Yes I have seen that clip, Kean at his best  rof

cyprussyd, Gordon Armstrong and Sid MCFC like this post

Back to top Go down