SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
TALKSPORT FEED

Latest topics
» Meeting Monday
SunderMad closing date EmptyToday at 9:19 pm by cyprussyd

» Happy Birthday
SunderMad closing date EmptyToday at 9:15 pm by fulwellend47

» William Storey
SunderMad closing date EmptyToday at 8:47 pm by Kipper

» New strip
SunderMad closing date EmptyToday at 2:20 am by gil t azell

» Keeping spirits up !
SunderMad closing date EmptyYesterday at 10:54 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Salary cap
SunderMad closing date EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 11:45 pm by Kipper

» Well done Jack
SunderMad closing date EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 5:24 am by cyprussyd

» Eddie Howe
SunderMad closing date EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 6:31 pm by Mackemneil

» Who wants to be a millionaire ?
SunderMad closing date EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 3:26 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Well done Harrogate Town!!!
SunderMad closing date EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 2:46 am by gil t azell

SunderMad closing date

Go down

SunderMad closing date Empty SunderMad closing date

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:06 pm

31st July will be our 8th birthday and a good time to draw the forum to an end.

Its been an up and down 8 years but we have never quite moved into full flow with a few posters trying to keep things going. Views per topic show that there is lots of interest in the subjects we cover but sadly those views have never brought comments and in the end defeat needs to be accepted.

Slowly regular posters have stopped posting, new members come and quickly go so my days of trying are over.

On the 31st and with a heavy heart the forum will be deleted along with all records and posts.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and stay safe.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://mackemmad.forumotion.co.uk

gil t azell likes this post

Back to top Go down

SunderMad closing date Empty Re: SunderMad closing date

Post  Gordon Armstrong on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:00 pm

That will be a sad day for us all Sad

Does anyone need or have any recommendations about where else to go (alternative forums) ?
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Admin wrote:31st July will be our 8th birthday and a good time to draw the forum to an end.

Its been an up and down 8 years but we have never quite moved into full flow with a few posters trying to keep things going. Views per topic show that there is lots of interest in the subjects we cover but sadly those views have never brought comments and in the end defeat needs to be accepted.

Slowly regular posters have stopped posting, new members come and quickly go so my days of trying are over.

On the 31st and with a heavy heart the forum will be deleted along with all records and posts.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and stay safe.
Will miss this place
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:34 am

Sad news.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:16 am

A few of us post on the 'NOT606' forum (Sunderland section, obviously), Sid (Vince, RAW, Gil, Syd very occasionally, and me . . . . sorry if I missed anyone), where I'm sure you'd be welcome (as would nearly everybody from here) Wink

There's a 'City section, too, but it's rarely used.
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

gil t azell, Vincemac and Sid MCFC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 am

cry1              red

Ps. If anyone can take it over & would like a contribution towards the cost (not sure how much it is) please URGENTLY PM me & let's talk to Syd.

gil t azell and Sid MCFC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:47 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:A few of us post on the 'NOT606' forum (Sunderland section, obviously), Sid (Vince, RAW, Gil, Syd very occasionally, and me . . . . sorry if I missed anyone), where I'm sure you'd be welcome (as would nearly everybody from here) Wink

There's a 'City section, too, but it's rarely used.
That’s very kind of you to think of me Gordon.  Unfortunately we don’t get much news of Sunderland in the North West so it will be a good way for me to keep my beady eye on you.  Razz

I do sometimes go on a City forum called Bluemoon so I won’t go on the City section 606 as I’ll only get confused. Neutral
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Gordon Armstrong likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Very sad, visit the site nearly every day, even if no time to comment.

I consider you all a great bunch of characters with Sunderland in your hearts, it has been a pleasure to chat and on occasion meet up with you. I would hope that some form of contact could be maintained and would look forward to meeting you all again.

Take good care of yourselves love sunderland
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wot he says
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Vincemac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Agree black cat. Feel it needs to be someone in uk. Can we get contact details of other members Syd outside the forum?
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Black Cat Kiwi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:05 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Agree black cat. Feel it needs to be someone in uk. Can we get contact details of other members Syd outside the forum?
Let me kill this off now, first of all people say they dont have the time to post so cant see how anyone will have time to run the forum.

I built the forum 8 years ago and dont want to close it but close it will. Its a forum for Sunderland fans and take a look at the first 10 posts, lots of interest it would seem looking at the views per topic and maybe 3 or 4 interested enough to comment, nothing new but very frustrating.

If anyone wants to start a new forum great, I will join it but SunderMad is closing.

Sorry.

BTW  number of us will continue to talk on Facebook.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mackemneil likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Sorry to hear the forum is closing but I fully understand the reasoning behind the decision. Unfortunately I've probably been as guilty as many - making very regular visits to see what's going on, but not posting very often and the pandemic has brought new concerns which have pushed footy into the background for the past 4-5 months.

So thanks to Syd and all for your efforts over the past 8 years and rest assured it has been appreciated even though it's covered the most turbulent period in the history of our beloved SAFC.

After 606 and Not606 this was a bit of welcome relief - like popping into my favourite pub, knowing there will always be some familiar faces - but I now have 2 options (i) find a new drinking hole which will unquestionably be a massive culture shock or (ii) give up drinking!!

Thanks and best wishes to you and yours.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:02 am

Admin wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Agree black cat. Feel it needs to be someone in uk. Can we get contact details of other members Syd outside the forum?
Let me kill this off now, first of all people say they dont have the time to post so cant see how anyone will have time to run the forum.

I built the forum 8 years ago and dont want to close it but close it will. Its a forum for Sunderland fans and take a look at the first 10 posts, lots of interest it would seem looking at the views per topic and maybe 3 or 4 interested enough to comment, nothing new but very frustrating.

If anyone wants to start a new forum great, I will join it but SunderMad is closing.

Sorry.

Syd if it’s a hard ship for you well all well and good
However if you are ok and not fianancial out of pocket why not let it run
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Black Cat Kiwi and gil t azell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:02 am

Well its been a pleasure conversing with you all. Will miss it.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:23 am

Vincemac wrote:
Admin wrote:

Sorry.

Vince, Would you be able to organise hosting/payment etc. in the UK with a couple others (OBC, H or J but to name a few or.......? ) to Admin. Happy to do what I can from afar with Admin including a contribution towards hosting if it helps & act as a 'Mod' to keep the stroppy ones onside during the long we hours when some prefer to play rather than sleep...lol 

Your thoughts noted Oxfordshire 'mate' & happy to share or forsake the we hours to your better self.

Gordon Armstrong likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:59 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Admin wrote:

Sorry.

Vince, Would you be able to organise hosting/payment etc. in the UK with a couple others (OBC, H or J but to name a few or.......? ) to Admin. Happy to do what I can from afar with Admin including a contribution towards hosting if it helps & act as a 'Mod' to keep the stroppy ones onside during the long we hours when some prefer to play rather than sleep...lol 

Your thoughts noted Oxfordshire 'mate' & happy to share or forsake the we hours to your better self.
Great to see my wishes being respected, could have just brought the closing date forward, something for me to sleep on.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:24 am

Admin wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Admin wrote:

Sorry.

Great to see my wishes being respected, could have just brought the closing date forward, something for me to sleep on.
I don’t think anybody is disrespecting you Syd. You created something special and in this day and age dare I say unique.  People just want to keep it going and I don’t blame them.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

SunderMad closing date Empty Ownership

Post  Reddy2025 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:17 am

I am interested to know. Would the fans get behind a football based consortium with a long term plan without false promises and have the patience to see it through- or allow the current / recent chairman to sell control to another prospective failure from SAmerica because he doesn’t have the balls to wait a few weeks for cash offer that would actually benefit the club as well as himself. As that is what “could” happen this week... potentially... probably
Reddy2025
Reddy2025

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:07 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Admin wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Admin wrote:

Sorry.

I don’t think anybody is disrespecting you Syd. You created something special and in this day and age dare I say unique.  People just want to keep it going and I don’t blame them.
Well Sid, this post has given me lots to think on.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Vincemac, Mackemneil and Sid MCFC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Admin wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Admin wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Admin wrote:

Sorry.

As you know I’m no technical wiz kid 
I just enjoy the banter and chats 
I can’t help and would like this forum to continue 
However Syd knows best and I will respect that
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Admin wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Admin wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Admin wrote:

Sorry.

As you know I’m no technical wiz kid 
I just enjoy the banter and chats 
I can’t help and would like this forum to continue 
However Syd knows best and I will respect that
Syd, Please accept my sincere apologies for any unintended lack of respect or offence I have caused. You will ALWAYS have my most grateful appreciation & thanks for bringing so many good people together which has allowed me to interact with not just the lovers of football at SAFC but about lifes many trials & tribulations. Best wishes & keep yourself safe, BCK.

gil t azell and Mackemneil like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:10 pm

Sad news this.  I’ve been a regular on the smb and not 606 and find this site one of the most knowledgeable and respectful going.

No doubt the lack of anything really happening during the covid lockdown, will have affected people posting more regularly.

I want to thank those who created the site and others who I’ve enjoyed immensely conversing with during the excellent match day threads and in general threads the rest of the time.

If anything does happen to keep this site going, I’m registered on the smb under the name GHFD

Just pm on there.

Goodbye all, it’s been fun and a pleasure to read

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: