SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» League Table - Week 6
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 7:41 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid Week 6
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 7:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 6
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 7:39 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Defender in
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Exilium

» Chat Box Open - Sunderland vs Crewe
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 6:56 pm by gil t azell

» News from Syd
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 6:54 pm by gil t azell

» SUNDERLAND 1 CREWE ALEX 0
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 6:53 pm by gil t azell

» League Table - Mid Week 6
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 6:50 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Drowsy and Syd lead the way
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 4:14 pm by Mackemneil

» Week 7
Coton and Hill gone EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Mackemneil

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Coton and Hill gone

Go down

Coton and Hill gone Empty Coton and Hill gone

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-07-17, 9:02 pm

Sunderland AFC can this evening confirm that Richard Hill and Tony Coton have left the club with immediate effect.
Both joined SAFC in 2018, undertaking the roles of Head of Football Operations and Head of Recruitment, respectively.
The board would like to place on record its gratitude to both Richard and Tony for their contribution and dedication over the past two years.
All at SAFC wish them well in their future endeavours.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Coton and Hill gone Empty Re: Coton and Hill gone

Post  gil t azell on 2020-07-18, 7:02 am

Pushed or left of own free will. Seems to be strange timing to me. Either there is a full on asset stripping and paring things back to less than the necessary requirements or is there a takeover sooner than we think and it is a clearing of the decks for new personnel to be brought in.

Still desperate times whilst we dont know.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-07-18, 12:45 pm

gil t azell wrote:Pushed or left of own free will. Seems to be strange timing to me. Either there is a full on asset stripping and paring things back to less than the necessary requirements or is there a takeover sooner than we think and it is a clearing of the decks for new personnel to be brought in.

Who knows but they've not covered themselves in glory since they've been here. What did they achieve? What's worrying is are we now completely rudderless going into the transfer window?
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-07-18, 1:05 pm

Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Pushed or left of own free will. Seems to be strange timing to me. Either there is a full on asset stripping and paring things back to less than the necessary requirements or is there a takeover sooner than we think and it is a clearing of the decks for new personnel to be brought in.

Who knows but they've not covered themselves in glory since they've been here. What did they achieve? What's worrying is are we now completely rudderless going into the transfer window?
I fear it will be loans and freebies again, not the recipe for success.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-07-18, 1:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Unfortunately I agree with you Syd although I still hope part of the FPP are loitering with intent
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-07-19, 9:02 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

A lot of players will become free agents because of clubs cutting costs because of the fall out of this virus and I believe we will probably target these players rather than pay transfer fees...I think the club should target a couple of good players from clubs that are struggling moneywise and tempt them to sell...rather that than loans and freebies like you say...that is if we have the funds

On the scouting/recruitment side...you just have to look at the academy to see a general overhaul is needed desperately

Last edited by oldblackcat on 2020-07-19, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit)
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum