SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday
Agents EmptyToday at 11:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Well done Jack
Agents EmptyToday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Salary cap
Agents EmptyYesterday at 2:15 pm by Steve30000

» Meeting Monday
Agents EmptyYesterday at 8:59 am by cyprussyd

» Keeping spirits up !
Agents EmptyYesterday at 1:34 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Eddie Howe
Agents Empty2020-08-07, 9:31 am by Mackemneil

» New strip
Agents Empty2020-08-07, 2:02 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Who wants to be a millionaire ?
Agents Empty2020-08-06, 6:26 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Well done Harrogate Town!!!
Agents Empty2020-08-05, 5:46 pm by gil t azell

» serious question
Agents Empty2020-08-04, 10:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com

Agents

Go down

Agents Empty Agents

Post  AXS909 on 2020-07-02, 1:41 pm

Why does the Club have to pay agents?  The club buys a player and the player signs to an agent therefore to my thinking the player should pay his agent.  Am I being naive in this thinking?  Can anybody explain why the Club pays?
AXS909
AXS909
member
member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-07-02
Age : 69
Location : Romsey Hants

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Re: Agents

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-07-02, 5:42 pm

Welcome AXS909!

Good question. Never understood this myself either - if you are a famous actor or a rock star and you have an agent then you pay them out of your earnings. It is not the theatre or the venue that hires you to perform that pays. Makes no sense how it works in football.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Posts : 10442
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 64

AXS909 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Re: Agents

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-07-02, 9:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Welcome AXS909!

Good question. Never understood this myself either - if you are a famous actor or a rock star and you have an agent then you pay them out of your earnings. It is not the theatre or the venue that hires you to perform that pays. Makes no sense how it works in football.
Just quick as I've got an appointment.

You get an agent so that everything is done behind the scenes and you only need to look at offers when presented in writing. Agents have the connections and can find openings which 'don't exist'. Payment is upfront so they get fully paid & not played against each other including deferments which never eventuate!

Ps. I know someone whose only just gone through the process & can fully appreciate how & why it's done this way from both sides. Not all agents are bottom feeders.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 10804
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 102
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Agents

Post  AXS909 on 2020-07-03, 11:21 am

Black Cat Kiwi,  are you telling us that the agents are now working for the Clubs? I still cannot get my head around the player has an agent who then 'touts' them around other clubs to see if the agent can get the player a better deal. That I can understand, but it appears that unless the club pays the agent £XK he's going elsewhere.  This extra payment is killing the game, Championship, L1 and L2 most are working on very tight budgets and are looking forward to Salary Caps where can they find extra money to keep agents sweet?  I am afraid agents are greedy and sucking money out of the game that could be used to bring on youngsters.  How many academy players could be supported with the money paid to agents, especially those foreign agents.
AXS909
AXS909
member
member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-07-02
Age : 69
Location : Romsey Hants

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Re: Agents

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-07-03, 9:57 pm

AXS909 wrote:Black Cat Kiwi,  are you telling us that the agents are now working for the Clubs? I still cannot get my head around the player has an agent who then 'touts' them around other clubs to see if the agent can get the player a better deal. That I can understand, but it appears that unless the club pays the agent £XK he's going elsewhere.  This extra payment is killing the game, Championship, L1 and L2 most are working on very tight budgets and are looking forward to Salary Caps where can they find extra money to keep agents sweet?  I am afraid agents are greedy and sucking money out of the game that could be used to bring on youngsters.  How many academy players could be supported with the money paid to agents, especially those foreign agents.
The player pays the agent a fee to sign with the agency who then represents them.
The agency then is responsible to find their player employment opportunities thus taking care of EVERY little detail so the player only has to look at the 'offer/s' when presented & not worry about all the crap that goes on. Should the player sign an offer, then the agency gets a percentage of the fee paid by the club to the player. The signing fee is always greater than the agency fee from those which I've seen or heard about.

Ps. Another way of looking at it is like buying factory direct versus retail/reseller or as they say 'horses for courses'.


Last edited by Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-07-03, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ps.)

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 10804
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 102
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Agents

Post  AXS909 on 2020-07-04, 9:52 am

Black Cat Kiwi, thank you for the heads up; but I still can't get my head around the fact that the purchasing club pays the agent, rather than the player who 'hires' the agent to represent him.  Sorry if I appear pedantic but being brought up in Co Durham and having been to my first match aged 7 (in '58) with my Father & Uncle in the Clock Stand I'm afraid the mechanics of this situation are beyond me; I feel this is a situation brought about by foreign players and agent to the detriment of the game.
AXS909
AXS909
member
member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-07-02
Age : 69
Location : Romsey Hants

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Re: Agents

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-07-04, 10:16 pm

AXS909 wrote:Black Cat Kiwi, thank you for the heads up; but I still can't get my head around the fact that the purchasing club pays the agent, rather than the player who 'hires' the agent to represent him.  Sorry if I appear pedantic but being brought up in Co Durham and having been to my first match aged 7 (in '58) with my Father & Uncle in the Clock Stand I'm afraid the mechanics of this situation are beyond me; I feel this is a situation brought about by foreign players and agent to the detriment of the game.
I think you're dismayed by the 'double dipping' so to speak if I'm following correctly. You're not alone if this is the case but it's just the way it is. Ironically it originated in the UK.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 10804
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 102
Location : Godzone

AXS909 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Re: Agents

Post  AXS909 on 2020-07-05, 8:32 am

Thank you Black Cat Kiwi, for the explanation. I understand the situation slightly more now.  I do object to 'double dipping' amd think it is an abominable situation esp for the lower league clubs(like ours) operating on a lower budget.  Perhaps the FA could get involved?  It is peanuts on transfers at our level bur on the Premier/Champions League level the sums are astronomical it means (to me) that the rich get richer and rowlocks to the rest. I am not a socialist reformer in case this little rant appears to suggest, just a supporter of our great team who cannot abide wasted money; agents are hired by the players and should be paid by the players it behoves no one for players to sign a 1/2 year contract and then the agent to be touting their players around just so that the agent can make himself more money.  Sorry for the rant.
AXS909
AXS909
member
member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-07-02
Age : 69
Location : Romsey Hants

Hieronymus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Agents Empty Re: Agents

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum