SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Happy 64th
5 out EmptyToday at 2:53 am by oxfordshire

» Were you there?
5 out EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Agents
5 out EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Happy 76th
5 out EmptyYesterday at 11:58 am by Jerry the Jinx

» The passing of David Bowen
5 out Empty2020-07-03, 9:31 pm by Argus

» What Players do we now want In
5 out Empty2020-07-02, 3:54 pm by Rovertsafc

» Season card renewal update
5 out Empty2020-07-02, 1:27 pm by cyprussyd

» Maguire and big Jon
5 out Empty2020-07-02, 9:48 am by cyprussyd

» Dave health update
5 out Empty2020-06-30, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Keeping spirits up !
5 out Empty2020-06-30, 5:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

5 out

Go down

5 out Empty 5 out

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-06-17, 5:12 pm

Sunderland AFC can confirm that three first-team players have been offered new contracts at the Stadium of Light.
Jon McLaughlin, Tom Flanagan and Chris Maguire have all been offered fresh terms ahead of the 2020-21 season, with the trio’s current deals set to expire on 30 June 2020.
The club can also confirm that Joel Lynch, Alim Ozturk, Jack Baldwin, Ethan Robson and Duncan Watmore will leave the club this summer.
Lynch spent one season on Wearside, while Ozturk and Baldwin joined the club in the summer of 2018 ahead of the Lads’ first season in League One.
Robson and Watmore both progressed through the club’s academy system, with the latter making his Premier League debut in 2015 before going on to make over 80 appearances for the Black Cats.
Everyone at SAFC would like to thank Joel, Alim, Jack, Ethan and Duncan for their service and we wish them well for the future.
The club’s full retained list, including first team, under-23s and under-18s, will be published shortly.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

5 out Empty Re: 5 out

Post  Kipper on 2020-06-18, 8:10 am

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland AFC can confirm that three first-team players have been offered new contracts at the Stadium of Light.
Jon McLaughlin, Tom Flanagan and Chris Maguire have all been offered fresh terms ahead of the 2020-21 season, with the trio’s current deals set to expire on 30 June 2020.
The club can also confirm that Joel Lynch, Alim Ozturk, Jack Baldwin, Ethan Robson and Duncan Watmore will leave the club this summer.
Lynch spent one season on Wearside, while Ozturk and Baldwin joined the club in the summer of 2018 ahead of the Lads’ first season in League One.
Robson and Watmore both progressed through the club’s academy system, with the latter making his Premier League debut in 2015 before going on to make over 80 appearances for the Black Cats.
Everyone at SAFC would like to thank Joel, Alim, Jack, Ethan and Duncan for their service and we wish them well for the future.
The club’s full retained list, including first team, under-23s and under-18s, will be published shortly.
Not sure how I feel about a few of those.

Watmore - I really hoped he would come good again. Defences seem to be scared of his pace but he needed to look up more and do something constructive with the ball after his runs. Loved it when we were in the prem at home to Norwich and he came on as sub (may have been his debut?). The only player who made any effort at all and he scored. Lost 3-1 I think.

Lynch - thought he was decent for the most part

Ozturk - he used to scare me but he became solid enough as a back up but we needed more. More heart than talent.

Baldwin - Started his Sunderland career off very well but went rapidly downhill.

Robson - Another academy player lost. Unfortunate through injury. Hope his career works out and hope letting him go is not a mistake.

If we're replacing all these with better, then great.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-06-20, 10:35 am

Feel sad for Duncan as we all knew this was his last season 2 really kick on but it never really happened for him too many injuries cost him in the end, hope it goes on and find a career with another club because he's a decent lad and I wish him all the best.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Black Cat Kiwi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum