SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» The passing of David Bowen
Todays EFL meeting EmptyToday at 2:14 pm by barrowmackem

» Agents
Todays EFL meeting EmptyToday at 8:32 am by AXS909

» Happy 64th
Todays EFL meeting EmptyToday at 2:53 am by oxfordshire

» Were you there?
Todays EFL meeting EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Happy 76th
Todays EFL meeting EmptyYesterday at 11:58 am by Jerry the Jinx

» What Players do we now want In
Todays EFL meeting EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 3:54 pm by Rovertsafc

» Season card renewal update
Todays EFL meeting EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 1:27 pm by cyprussyd

» Maguire and big Jon
Todays EFL meeting EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 9:48 am by cyprussyd

» Dave health update
Todays EFL meeting EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Keeping spirits up !
Todays EFL meeting EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 5:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

Todays EFL meeting

Go down

Todays EFL meeting Empty Todays EFL meeting

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:26 pm

At an Extraordinary General Meeting on Tuesday 9 June, EFL Clubs voted on proposals in respect of changes to EFL Regulations in the event season 2019/20 is curtailed.
Proposals were submitted by Barnsley and Tranmere Rovers alongside amendments to an EFL Board proposal which were put forward by Lincoln City, Stevenage and Ipswich Town.
Following a vote on each by all 71 Clubs, it was overwhelmingly agreed (by a majority of all Clubs and a majority in the Championship) to adopt the EFL Board’s proposal into EFL Regulations, which now means the following applies in the event a division curtails its 2019/20 season or it is ended by any other means.
Final divisional placings will be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
Promotion and relegation should be retained.
Play-Offs will be played in all circumstances but will not be extended (beyond four teams).
Clubs in Leagues One and Two will now meet by division later today to formally determine whether to resume playing the 2019/20 season or opt for curtailment. The Championship Clubs restart their season on 20 June.
EFL Chair, Rick Parry, said: “Whilst it has always remained the Board’s position to play the remainder of the season where possible, the decision reached at today’s meeting follows a full and considered consultation period with our member Clubs. The Board has endeavoured to listen to all views and alternative approaches but understands that the decisions taken will not be met with universal satisfaction from all Clubs.
“Today’s outcome ensures that the League and its Clubs remains as faithful as possible to the previously agreed Regulations and that there is consistency in the approach adopted across the EFL in all divisions if required.
“It is clear that the challenges facing the League from the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic are unprecedented and I thank the contribution of EFL Clubs in making this important determination.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Todays EFL meeting Empty Re: Todays EFL meeting

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 pm

League One clubs have also voted to end the season.
Coventry and Rotherham have won promotion.
Wycombe, Oxford, Fleetwood and Portsmouth in the play-offs.
Tranmere, Southend and Bolton have been relegated.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:28 pm

The big question now is how will this affect crowds in the future. No more football this season then div one next season with no guarantee that fans will be able to attend. Of course the die hard base will always return but how big is that base?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:41 pm

That’s fine finish the season 
But then teams like Wycombe we will now have a play off 
The season is finished and it is what it is league placing as it is
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:23 pm

Chief Executive Officer Jim Rodwell has expressed his disappointment following today’s announcement to end the 2019-20 Sky Bet League One season.
Sunderland AFC were just three points adrift of second place when the footballing calendar was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic, but today’s vote confirmed the Black Cats will end the season in eighth.
Missing out on the opportunity to play for promotion is a bitter pill to swallow for all associated with the club, including the players, staff and supporters.
But regardless of the extraordinary circumstances that led to today’s outcome, Rodwell admits the club must perform at a higher level - on and off the pitch - to ensure success is delivered during the 2020-21 season.
“Although we braced ourselves for today’s decision, we are incredibly disappointed by the outcome,” he explained.
“We were committed to finishing the season on the pitch and we made our stance perfectly clear throughout what has been an incredibly challenging period for every club within the EFL.”
He continued: “Ultimately, we now have to move forward.
“Our fans have been magnificent, and we know how much they, like the players and staff, will be hurting today. But it’s our supporters who have the set the standard over the last two seasons, following the team home and away in incredible numbers, and we have failed to match them.
“As a club, we have to strive to be better and ensure we learn from the mistakes we have made because regardless of the circumstances, finishing eighth in League One isn’t good enough and I don’t think anyone would tell you otherwise.
“Our sole focus moving forward must be to build a squad that is capable of winning this division next season. I have spoken to Phil Parkinson at length and we have a very clear idea of what we need to achieve that goal.
“It is our responsibility to put that plan into action immediately and ensure that whenever the 2020-21 season begins, we are ready.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:06 pm

It will be interesting what the league will look like for the new season. A couple of sides might end up like Bury had done.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:32 am

cyprussyd wrote:The big question now is how will this affect crowds in the future. No more football this season then div one next season with no guarantee that fans will be able to attend. Of course the die hard base will always return but how big is that base?
I will return when I can but not buying a season ticket until I know I can attend games. Disappointed to be playing in this league again but going to watch Sunderland has always been more than just the football and the league we're in, it's a bond between me and my son.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:League One clubs have also voted to end the season.

4 teams voted against finishing the season playing behind closed doors. Quite happy to play behind closed doors to try and get promotion though.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:59 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:League One clubs have also voted to end the season.

4 teams voted against finishing the season playing behind closed doors. Quite happy to play behind closed doors to try and get promotion though.
Yeah my point exactly 
Wycombe for example there would not play 
However ohhhhh we will play in the play offs 
If it was good enough for play offs the games should of been played 
How are there going to play the on coming season if they didn’t want to finish this one 
What will have changed ?????????????
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:25 pm

That’s my annoyance Wycombe can’t afford to continue the season but can afford the playoffs especially when they had dropped of the pace results wise and then get giffed a playoff place it all stinks
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:50 pm

paddocklad wrote:That’s my annoyance Wycombe can’t afford to continue the season but can afford the playoffs especially when they had dropped of the pace results wise and then get giffed a playoff place it all stinks

Not great for us but a club voting in their own interests - no surprise.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum