SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Keeping spirits up !
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide EmptyToday at 7:59 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Dave health update
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-21, 5:04 pm by Sid MCFC

» League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-21, 3:00 pm by cyprussyd

» I know many people wouldn’t
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-20, 9:14 am by Sid MCFC

» Breaking news from sidMCFC
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-15, 5:35 pm by Sid MCFC

» Season card renewal update
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-14, 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

» what do you think?
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-12, 2:46 pm by Safcy

» Looking Bleak
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-11, 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» “stay alert, control the virus, save lives”
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-10, 1:46 pm by Vincemac

» League Table week 29
League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty2020-05-07, 8:32 am by Mackemneil

League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide

Go down

League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-05-15, 4:13 pm

League Two's season has been brought to an early conclusion following discussions between clubs and the English Football League.
After an indicative vote by the clubs, the table is set to be decided using a weighted points-per-game method, while the play-offs would be played as usual.
But any move still needs to be ratified by the EFL and Football Association.
Meanwhile, teams in League One will have to meet again on Monday after failing to come to an agreement.
On Thursday, six third-tier clubs had said they were determined to complete their remaining fixtures.
Peterborough United, Oxford United, Sunderland, Fleetwood, Portsmouth and Ipswich Town released a joint statement saying they had "no desire for voiding the season, points-per-game scenarios or letting a computer decide our footballing fate".

• Follow updates from Friday's League One and League Two meetings

Who will finish where in the final table?

It is understood League Two clubs want to use a weighted points-per-game system to finalise the table, which takes into account the average points won both home and away.
That method is intended to remove any bias towards sides who have played more home games than their rivals.
It has also been proposed that nobody will be relegated from League Two to the National League - meaning Stevenage, who are set to stay bottom of the table, would remain in the EFL.
At the top, Swindon Town would overtake Crewe Alexandra to claim the title, with Plymouth Argyle staying in the third and final automatic promotion spot.
The four teams currently in the play-offs - Exeter City, Cheltenham Town, Colchester United and Northampton Town - would remain there, but Cheltenham would move above Exeter and into fourth.
Stevenage owner Phil Wallace told BBC Sport: "My preference is to finish the league so we have the opportunity to play our way out of trouble.
"We have 10 games to play and are three points behind, with a game in hand, why should I think it was not possible to get out of it?
"The League Two clubs cannot decide this. We can only tell the EFL of their indicative position but that is the collective view.
"It would cost us £140,000 for the tests, we would have to bring players out of furlough and comply with a 47-page health and safety document regarding sterilisation of stadiums etc.
"I don't know what this would mean for the National League."

Why can't they restart?

Attempting to resume the League One and League Two campaigns was always likely to to be more difficult than in the Championship and Premier League, which could begin again in mid-June behind closed doors.
Many clubs in the third and fourth tiers have furloughed their players and, with no crowds allowed into stadiums for the foreseeable future, it would cost them money to stage games.
EFL chairman Rick Parry has also said 1,400 players across the league's three divisions are out of contract on 30 June. The majority of those players are in League One and League Two.
The National League decided to end its three divisions immediately on 22 April but they were waiting on the EFL to announce an outcome before deciding on promotion and relegation.

Timeline: How did we get to this point?

• 10 March - Last games played in Leagues One & Two

• 13 March - EFL suspended until at least 3 April

• 19 March - Suspension extended until end of April

• 26 March - All football below National League expunged

• 9 April - Season 'can be finished in 56 days'

• 22 April - National League clubs vote to end regular season

• 23 April - Clubs write to EFL over salary cap introduction

• 5 May - EFL clubs face '£200m hole' by September

• 15 May - League Two season ended, League One undecided

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty Re: League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-05-16, 6:14 am

Thanks Syd,
Very interesting and confusing how it affects other leagues.

All in all looks pretty obvious we are in league one next season.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide Empty Re: League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide

Post  Safcy on 2020-05-16, 1:50 pm

I can honestly say, I’m not missing the football.  Having been a football addict for my lifetime to date, I’m slowly realising how futile it is, in the big scheme of things.

Whatever league safc finds themselves in, does it really matter?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy
Forum Father

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-05-16, 3:59 pm

Safcy wrote:I can honestly say, I’m not missing the football.  Having been a football addict for my lifetime to date, I’m slowly realising how futile it is, in the big scheme of things.

Football isn't the most important thing in the world but I miss it and i,d like to see my team in a higher division. But where ever they are I'lll be back at the ground when safe and allowed.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-05-17, 9:55 pm

Kipper wrote:
Safcy wrote:I can honestly say, I’m not missing the football.  Having been a football addict for my lifetime to date, I’m slowly realising how futile it is, in the big scheme of things.

Football isn't the most important thing in the world but I miss it and i,d like to see my team in a higher division. But where ever they are I'lll be back at the ground when safe and allowed.
All fair, but this lull in a season has been interesting in how petty and futile it all is really.

Sunderland will still be playing football in the future, whatever level that maybe.  It’s all basically done to make rich people richer and let the rest wither away.  

It’s been a long time now since sporting prowess, without spending a billion quid, was rewarded.  I can’t see that ever changing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy
Forum Father

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-05-19, 2:52 pm

This could be a first: Joey Barton talking sense, or at least having a thought out and reasoned argument:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-05-20, 7:54 pm

You can’t pro rata points per game when many of the remaining games feature top 8 teams playing each other!

Rotherham and Oxford have 4 of the top 8 to play
Coventry and Wycombe have 3 of the top 8 to play
And the others including SAFC only have 2 of the top 8 to play

If you pro rata, more points are awarded than are available!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-05-21, 1:06 pm

If only the top 8 want to play their remaining fixtures against each other, the award all of the top 8 three points for all other remaining games. That leave the table like this:

Coventry 41 games 88points
Portsmouth 42.       81
Fleetwood 42.         81
PeterBro 42.           80
Wycombe 41.          80
Rotherham 40.        77
Sunderland 42.        77
Oxford 40.               75

Coventry would have 3 home games against Oxford, Peterbro and Wycombe
Portsmouth would have 2 away games at Rotherham and Oxford
Fleetwood would be at home to Rotherham and away at Oxford
Peterbro would be away at Coventry and Sunderland
Wycombe would be at home to Oxford and Rotherham and away at Coventry
Rotherham would be at home to Portsmouth and Sunderland and away at Fleetwood and Wycombe
Sunderland at home to Peterbro and away at Rotherham
Oxford at home to Portsmouth and Fleetwood and away at Coventry and Wycombe

Predict your own outcomes but Coventry look home and dry, second and play offs very much up for grabs
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-05-21, 3:00 pm

The EFL Board met yesterday to consider the feedback and subsequent implications of last week’s Divisional Club meetings, as the League continues to address the many complex financial and operational matters resulting out of the COVID-19 crisis, including how the 2019/20 campaign is concluded.
The various proposals and counter proposals received from Clubs have been reviewed and, as a result, the Board has finalised the draft framework that would be adopted into EFL Regulations, in the event a division is to make the decision to curtail its season as League Two indicated last Friday.
Clubs are now required to give the matter further consideration, before the Board formally proposes the appropriate Regulation changes, which will then be voted on by all Clubs.
The recommended framework is as follows:
1. Resuming the 2019/20 season with the existing format remains the most appropriate course of action from a sporting integrity perspective, but the Board accepts there are circumstances that may lead to curtailment, (as has been demonstrated with League Two) or a situation subsequently transpires whereby the season is unable to conclude.
2. This means that in the event of an early curtailment: 

•  Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).

• Promotion and relegation should be retained.

• Play-Offs should be played in all circumstances but should not be extended (beyond four teams). 

• If a scenario arises whereby the Play-Offs cannot be played, the EFL Board will determine the appropriate course of action

3. The Board considers that the majority required to curtail the 2019/20 Season in any division should be 51%. Determining whether or not to curtail the season is a decision for each division to take.
4. The principle of relegation across all three divisions is integral to the integrity of the pyramid, from the Premier League down to the National League, provided we have assurances that the National League will start Season 2020/21 (i.e. the relegated Club in League Two has somewhere to play).
5. Any regulatory solution should be relevant and specific to the current challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak and reach a conclusion that is clear and effective with the impact and justifications easy for all stakeholders to understand.
EFL Chair, Rick Parry, said: “In the event a divisional decision is made to curtail the 2019/20 season, the EFL Board is recommending that the League adopts the original framework with the amendments as identified, as there is a strong desire to remain as faithful as possible to the Regulations and ensure there is consistency in the approach adopted across the EFL in all divisions.
“The Board has always acknowledged that a single solution to satisfy all Clubs would always be hard to find, but we are at the point now where strong, definitive action is need for the good of the League and its members.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum