SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Anyone fancy a Zoom meet up?
Its been a while EmptyToday at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Results Mid Week 11
Its been a while EmptyToday at 10:21 am by Hieronymus

» David Moyes
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 7:18 pm by oldblackcat

» Kristjaan Speakman
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 6:48 pm by Kipper

» Week 12
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 4:59 pm by Terrapinic

» League Table - Mid Week 11
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 4:16 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Results Mid Week 10 & Week 11
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 4:06 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» EFL agree rescue package amounting to £250m
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 2:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Wigan
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 1:10 pm by barrowmackem

» Watmore
Its been a while EmptyYesterday at 1:09 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Its been a while

Go down

Its been a while Empty Its been a while

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-04-29, 3:30 am

I have lost count of how long we have been without football but it seems a lifetime.

During that time our lives have been changed beyond anything any of us could have expected. A minimum of 20,000+ dead, unemployment sky high and so many futures changed dramatically.

So are you still missing the footy?

Right now I honestly dont know if I will be going back or renewing my season card, it all seems so unimportant but of course that could change.

I'm fortunate in many ways, I had become a boring anti social bugger long before lock down so pubs shut affects me not a jot.

I wonder just what our new normal will look like?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Its been a while Empty Re: Its been a while

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-04-29, 8:40 am

Am I missing football?...yes and no tbh

Yes... because it is the game I loved to play and watch and as I got older and couldn't play anymore just watch

No...more complicated to explain the reasons... so I'll not try

This virus is a game changer in many ways...because of unemployment I can see a drop in crowds (should they be allowed back) and many teams struggling to survive...and untill we have a vaccine for the virus it will never be safe to go to a match again...and as I have disagreed with  Shankly's quote before I will again now...life is more important...just ask the families of those who have lost loved ones because of this disease
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-04-29, 9:09 am

I think it would be impossible to go through this without it having an affect, 3 things have made a big change to my outlook,

The Pandemic
Dave
A long time friends daughter who died suddenly last week age 43

I found that when I got over 65 I started thinking about my mortality, not for me but more what happens to Annette if I go first?

My thoughts on our future have intensified with death and lock down around me, I take little for grated and value more what I have and I guess I am in the middle of trying to work out how Annette and I make the most of what we have while we have it.

Football is still important but not as important has it was, life and quality of enjoyment is number one with joint enjoyment important.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-05-01, 4:37 am

cyprussyd wrote:[size=31]I think it would be impossible to go through this without it having an affect, 3 things have made a big change to my outlook,

The Pandemic
Dave
A long time friends daughter who died suddenly last week age 43

I found that when I got over 65 I started thinking about my mortality, not for me but more what happens to Annette if I go first?

My thoughts on our future have intensified with death and lock down around me, I take little for grated and value more what I have and I guess I am in the middle of trying to work out how Annette and I make the most of what we have while we have it.

Football is still important but not as important has it was, life and quality of enjoyment is number one with joint enjoyment important.
[/size]
Agree with you wholeheartedly Syd. The virus and the concept that we will always now be mindful that we are at risk at any time of another virus appearing that could even be more deadly than this one. Our lives will presumably be more cautious in future especially at sports events and we have already begun to accept different ways of doing things. In oz we now have an app which can tell the medics which other people with the app you have been with in the event you catch the virus. Happy days.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum