SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Keeping spirits up !
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today EmptyToday at 9:45 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Dave health update
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-29, 4:52 pm by Vincemac

» Latest
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-29, 3:19 pm by gil t azell

» League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-21, 3:00 pm by cyprussyd

» I know many people wouldn’t
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-20, 9:14 am by Sid MCFC

» Breaking news from sidMCFC
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-15, 5:35 pm by Sid MCFC

» Season card renewal update
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-14, 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

» what do you think?
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-12, 2:46 pm by Safcy

» Looking Bleak
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-11, 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» “stay alert, control the virus, save lives”
One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty2020-05-10, 1:46 pm by Vincemac

One minute silence for key workers at 11am today

Go down

One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty One minute silence for key workers at 11am today

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-04-28, 10:16 am

A minute's silence will be held across the UK later to commemorate the key workers who have died with coronavirus.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who returned to work on Monday, will join the tribute, which starts at 11:00 BST.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty Re: One minute silence for key workers at 11am today

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-04-28, 11:51 am

Well I didn't, and I had no intentions of doing so 'cos it's a stupid idea !

I doubt that the intention is to do it every week, so those that have died are recognised, but those that will die because of the virus won't be.

Whoever thought of this was just after attention, I think, so that he/she can say 'it was my idea' jumping on a bandwagon 'cos of the thursday evening applause (which is a fantastic way to recognise those 'on the front line') Sad . . . . unless it is to be every week so that everyone will be recognised, of course.

It would be a much better idea to have this silence/mark of respect at the end of the crisis so that all, and not just those so far, that have 'fallen' (to use a wartime phrase) will be recognised Wink

I now sense that I've temporarily morphed into Billy, and I'm expecting some Roberta (who was a jolly good singer) 'cos of it  Rolling Eyes
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

One minute silence for key workers at 11am today Empty Re: One minute silence for key workers at 11am today

Post  canary-dave on 2020-04-28, 11:58 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Well I didn't, and I had no intentions of doing so 'cos it's a stupid idea !

I doubt that the intention is to do it every week, so those that have died are recognised, but those that will die because of the virus won't be.

Whoever thought of this was just after attention, I think, so that he/she can say 'it was my idea' jumping on a bandwagon 'cos of the thursday evening applause (which is a fantastic way to recognise those 'on the front line') Sad . . . . unless it is to be every week so that everyone will be recognised, of course.

It would be a much better idea to have this silence/mark of respect at the end of the crisis so that all, and not just those so far, that have 'fallen' (to use a wartime phrase) will be recognised Wink

I now sense that I've temporarily morphed into Billy, and I'm expecting some Roberta (who was a jolly good singer) 'cos of it  Rolling Eyes

I think you make a very valid point Gordon, no flack from me  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-04-28, 12:03 pm

Let me tell you a true story.
Last Wednesday Annette was taken into hospital with the virus.
Phone call from doctor on Wednesday evening to tell me she was very, very poorly. She had coronavirus, pneumonia, hepatitis, lung and liver infection and he feared the worst.

If nothing else Annette is a fighter and is now on a side ward, virus clear, pneumonia clear, hepatitis clear and oxygen levels fine. She is still in hospital and will be there all week with infections still there so antibiotics on IV.

Yesterday I was shocked to learn she had a DNR in place, it was put there on the Wednesday evening. Annette could not have agreed to it and signed it, she was unconscious and I was not allowed to be there so I didn't sign it.

Its now been deleted so we are fine and I was not surprised to hear about it. Unofficially I have been told that and  patient with underlying health issues gets a DNR

Nothing to do with the OP and I have no problem with remembering all who we have lost.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-04-28, 12:10 pm

Whoa.. why did they put a dnr on her without her permission?

So they just let people die without even trying? Who's idea was that?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-04-28, 12:20 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Whoa.. why did they put a dnr on her without her permission?

So they just let people die without even trying? Who's idea was that?
I thin k most of us have know this since the virus started, they prioritise who gets the treatment and who is likely to die.

I was however a bit shocked to hear about the DNR without permission. The doctors do and always have had the power of life and death. I dont in anyway condemn them for that, its a horrible job and one I could not do. Just becomes a little more terrifying when it happens this close.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-04-28, 1:16 pm

My fingers are crossed for you and Annette, Sydney x x
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum