SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Keeping spirits up !
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 5:23 pm by Vincemac

» Dave health update
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-21, 5:04 pm by Sid MCFC

» League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-21, 3:00 pm by cyprussyd

» I know many people wouldn’t
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-20, 9:14 am by Sid MCFC

» Breaking news from sidMCFC
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-15, 5:35 pm by Sid MCFC

» Season card renewal update
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-14, 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

» what do you think?
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-12, 2:46 pm by Safcy

» Looking Bleak
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-11, 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» “stay alert, control the virus, save lives”
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-10, 1:46 pm by Vincemac

» League Table week 29
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty2020-05-07, 8:32 am by Mackemneil


Vulnerabilities !

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  canary-dave on 2020-03-27, 7:53 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:We stepped out at 8pm to clap the NHS workers and it was good to see most of out neighbours did the same.  I’m not sure how long this gesture will last but I’m going to do it again tonight.  It’s a very small token of appreciation but well worth it I think.

like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15044
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 72
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty How is everyone doing?

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-28, 9:24 am

Mrs S and I are just starting week two of our prison sentence without bars and murder is becoming a real possibility.

Day time TV has long since lost its appeal, the dust in the house has given in and left its being cleaned that much and I could do with a bigger garden, its never been so well tended.

The novelty of the home delivery service has worn off and the highlight of the day now is waiting to see if there is anything for us in the post, even the feared brown envelope now causes excitement.

So, how are you? Stay safe

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50446
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-28, 9:36 am

Daily walk only time we have outside
Not today we don’t walk in rain
Tv fanatics and social media thinking about playing some board games ( thinking )
Cut the lawns the other day 
Washed the car 
We never panic buy 
Infact probably bought less 
Eating no different really 
However it’s boring sitting in the house trying not to drink tea coffee and snacks
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7998
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-28, 9:39 am

In general chat I suggested all members popped in once a week to say if they were ok.
So far 1 reply, I really dont know why I bothered.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 512
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-28, 10:02 am

wanderer wrote:In general chat I suggested all members popped in once a week to say if they were ok.
So far 1 reply, I really dont know why I bothered.
Arrr but you have bothered
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7998
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-03-28, 10:13 am

Things haven't really changed much for me...still had to go to work...getting more and more nervous doing this as the days go by...
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2809
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-28, 10:24 am

Yesterday was a 'funny' day . . . . the first one that I can remember that when I woke up I struggled for what seemed like ages but was probably about 30 seconds, to be sure about what day it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Retired people often don't need to know what day it is, and because of the current 'working from home' situation, I felt like I was in a retired state [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I got over it . . . . I did some work, had 'elevenses' at 11:30 and a planned 1 o'clock lunch break at 2 o'clock.

Late for lunch 'cos my youngest daughter walked round with her hubby and 2 kids, who live in Cleadon (about a mile away) arriving at 12:15 . . . . where we provided and they had a picnic at the bottom of our front lawn, adhering to social distancing guidance, but at least we were able to see them 'in the flesh' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Asda at about 15:30 for some supplies, and the queue to get in was quite long. I rang Mrs. A. to tell her that I might be a while, then a couple of minutes after the call we were all allowed in (in batches) . . . . get in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suitable distancing was largely observed, some wore masks and some looked confused, but it worked . . . . no bog roll, Flash bleach spray, or pasta, though !

Check-out distancing was about 4 yards (!) and I was finished . . . . on my way back to my car I had to walk through the queue (plenty of room), which was much longer than when I arrived, but it's become the new 'norm' now.

Strange times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich for supper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 693
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 26
Location : South Shields, Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-28, 10:29 am

wanderer wrote:In general chat I suggested all members popped in once a week to say if they were ok.
So far 1 reply, I really dont know why I bothered.
Maybe that's what the 'Vulnerabilities' thread is for . . . . to see how we're all doing (similar, and prior, to this thread) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 693
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 26
Location : South Shields, Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-03-28, 10:33 am

been in self isolation as granddaughter had a cough, but am ok, Barrow for such a small town has had 9 deaths so its a bit of a hot spot here. Granddaughter was crying this morning on skype that she wants to come and see us (she is 4 in July) think cabin fever is setting in for her. It pulls on your heart strings when your granddaughter is crying for you. But the sooner we come out of the end of this the better but it will drag on if these idiots dont listen to what the Government is saying.
Here is a typical example. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
A BARROW man who told a police officer to ‘do one’ has been fined for breaking the lockdown rules.
PC Kev Latham, a police dog handler, was driving through Ulverston yesterday afternoon when he spotted a man washing his car at a petrol station.
PC Latham quizzed the motorist and was shocked by the response.
Posting details of the incident on Twitter, PC Latham said: “Travelling through Ulverston and I see a male washing his car in a petrol station.
“When challenged, it was not his smartest move telling me to ‘do one’.
“It transpired that he had driven through to Ulverston from Barrow to walk his dog up the Hoad, with his friend who was from another household.
“He continued to not see the seriousness of his actions and so this has gone beyond words of advice from me and has been dealt with accordingly, along with his friend. #NotAHoliday #Covid19 #unbelievable.”
The government introduced new powers on Thursday to give police the authority to fine - or even arrest - those who ignore strengthened stay-at-home restrictions.
Anyway stay safe everyone

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2989
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-28, 10:53 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:
wanderer wrote:In general chat I suggested all members popped in once a week to say if they were ok.
So far 1 reply, I really dont know why I bothered.
Maybe that's what the 'Vulnerabilities' thread is for . . . . to see how we're all doing (similar, and prior, to this thread) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nah, you do things your way and I will do it my way.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 512
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-03-28, 11:02 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Yesterday was a 'funny' day . . . . the first one that I can remember that when I woke up I struggled for what seemed like ages but was probably about 30 seconds, to be sure about what day it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Retired people often don't need to know what day it is, and because of the current 'working from home' situation, I felt like I was in a retired state [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I got over it . . . . I did some work, had 'elevenses' at 11:30 and a planned 1 o'clock lunch break at 2 o'clock.

Late for lunch 'cos my youngest daughter walked round with her hubby and 2 kids, who live in Cleadon (about a mile away) arriving at 12:15 . . . . where we provided and they had a picnic at the bottom of our front lawn, adhering to social distancing guidance, but at least we were able to see them 'in the flesh' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Asda at about 15:30 for some supplies, and the queue to get in was quite long. I rang Mrs. A. to tell her that I might be a while, then a couple of minutes after the call we were all allowed in (in batches) . . . . get in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suitable distancing was largely observed, some wore masks and some looked confused, but it worked . . . . no bog roll, Flash bleach spray, or pasta, though !

Check-out distancing was about 4 yards (!) and I was finished . . . . on my way back to my car I had to walk through the queue (plenty of room), which was much longer than when I arrived, but it's become the new 'norm' now.

Strange times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich for supper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yep I think gardens may become the new pubs for immediate family get togethers.  I converted my garage years ago for family and friends to stay but it quickly became the best pub in Sale.  Sadly I can’t use it as my eldest still has to go to work so he’s quarantined in there with his girlfriend and all my beer and whiskys.  It’s alright for some I suppose.   Crying or Very sad
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 788
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  canary-dave on 2020-03-28, 11:05 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Yesterday was a 'funny' day . . . . the first one that I can remember that when I woke up I struggled for what seemed like ages but was probably about 30 seconds, to be sure about what day it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Retired people often don't need to know what day it is, and because of the current 'working from home' situation, I felt like I was in a retired state [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I got over it . . . . I did some work, had 'elevenses' at 11:30 and a planned 1 o'clock lunch break at 2 o'clock.

Late for lunch 'cos my youngest daughter walked round with her hubby and 2 kids, who live in Cleadon (about a mile away) arriving at 12:15 . . . . where we provided and they had a picnic at the bottom of our front lawn, adhering to social distancing guidance, but at least we were able to see them 'in the flesh' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Asda at about 15:30 for some supplies, and the queue to get in was quite long. I rang Mrs. A. to tell her that I might be a while, then a couple of minutes after the call we were all allowed in (in batches) . . . . get in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suitable distancing was largely observed, some wore masks and some looked confused, but it worked . . . . no bog roll, Flash bleach spray, or pasta, though !

Check-out distancing was about 4 yards (!) and I was finished . . . . on my way back to my car I had to walk through the queue (plenty of room), which was much longer than when I arrived, but it's become the new 'norm' now.

Strange times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich for supper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich was my introduction to single malt many years ago, I still enjoy it but it now takes a back seat to my favourite Bruichladdich, The Ten Year Laddy. 

drunken drunken drunken

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15044
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 72
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-03-28, 11:10 am

canary-dave wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Yesterday was a 'funny' day . . . . the first one that I can remember that when I woke up I struggled for what seemed like ages but was probably about 30 seconds, to be sure about what day it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Retired people often don't need to know what day it is, and because of the current 'working from home' situation, I felt like I was in a retired state [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I got over it . . . . I did some work, had 'elevenses' at 11:30 and a planned 1 o'clock lunch break at 2 o'clock.

Late for lunch 'cos my youngest daughter walked round with her hubby and 2 kids, who live in Cleadon (about a mile away) arriving at 12:15 . . . . where we provided and they had a picnic at the bottom of our front lawn, adhering to social distancing guidance, but at least we were able to see them 'in the flesh' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Asda at about 15:30 for some supplies, and the queue to get in was quite long. I rang Mrs. A. to tell her that I might be a while, then a couple of minutes after the call we were all allowed in (in batches) . . . . get in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suitable distancing was largely observed, some wore masks and some looked confused, but it worked . . . . no bog roll, Flash bleach spray, or pasta, though !

Check-out distancing was about 4 yards (!) and I was finished . . . . on my way back to my car I had to walk through the queue (plenty of room), which was much longer than when I arrived, but it's become the new 'norm' now.

Strange times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich for supper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich was my introduction to single malt many years ago, I still enjoy it but it now takes a back seat to my favourite Bruichladdich, The Ten Year Laddy. 

drunken drunken drunken
A very fine tipple Dave.  About 6 years ago I visited all the Islay distilleries except Bowmore.  I think it was a memorable trip.  drunken
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 788
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-28, 11:12 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Yesterday was a 'funny' day . . . . the first one that I can remember that when I woke up I struggled for what seemed like ages but was probably about 30 seconds, to be sure about what day it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Retired people often don't need to know what day it is, and because of the current 'working from home' situation, I felt like I was in a retired state [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I got over it . . . . I did some work, had 'elevenses' at 11:30 and a planned 1 o'clock lunch break at 2 o'clock.

Late for lunch 'cos my youngest daughter walked round with her hubby and 2 kids, who live in Cleadon (about a mile away) arriving at 12:15 . . . . where we provided and they had a picnic at the bottom of our front lawn, adhering to social distancing guidance, but at least we were able to see them 'in the flesh' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Asda at about 15:30 for some supplies, and the queue to get in was quite long. I rang Mrs. A. to tell her that I might be a while, then a couple of minutes after the call we were all allowed in (in batches) . . . . get in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suitable distancing was largely observed, some wore masks and some looked confused, but it worked . . . . no bog roll, Flash bleach spray, or pasta, though !

Check-out distancing was about 4 yards (!) and I was finished . . . . on my way back to my car I had to walk through the queue (plenty of room), which was much longer than when I arrived, but it's become the new 'norm' now.

Strange times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich for supper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich was my introduction to single malt many years ago, I still enjoy it but it now takes a back seat to my favourite Bruichladdich, The Ten Year Laddy. 

drunken drunken drunken
A very fine tipple Dave.  About 6 years ago I visited all the Islay distilleries except Bowmore.  I think it was a memorable trip.  drunken
I must confess I have no idea how anyone can drink whiskey of any kind. Mind not being a drinker I cant understand how anyone can enjoy a night in the pub either.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50446
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-03-28, 11:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Yesterday was a 'funny' day . . . . the first one that I can remember that when I woke up I struggled for what seemed like ages but was probably about 30 seconds, to be sure about what day it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Retired people often don't need to know what day it is, and because of the current 'working from home' situation, I felt like I was in a retired state [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I got over it . . . . I did some work, had 'elevenses' at 11:30 and a planned 1 o'clock lunch break at 2 o'clock.

Late for lunch 'cos my youngest daughter walked round with her hubby and 2 kids, who live in Cleadon (about a mile away) arriving at 12:15 . . . . where we provided and they had a picnic at the bottom of our front lawn, adhering to social distancing guidance, but at least we were able to see them 'in the flesh' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Asda at about 15:30 for some supplies, and the queue to get in was quite long. I rang Mrs. A. to tell her that I might be a while, then a couple of minutes after the call we were all allowed in (in batches) . . . . get in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suitable distancing was largely observed, some wore masks and some looked confused, but it worked . . . . no bog roll, Flash bleach spray, or pasta, though !

Check-out distancing was about 4 yards (!) and I was finished . . . . on my way back to my car I had to walk through the queue (plenty of room), which was much longer than when I arrived, but it's become the new 'norm' now.

Strange times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich for supper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich was my introduction to single malt many years ago, I still enjoy it but it now takes a back seat to my favourite Bruichladdich, The Ten Year Laddy. 

drunken drunken drunken
A very fine tipple Dave.  About 6 years ago I visited all the Islay distilleries except Bowmore.  I think it was a memorable trip.  drunken
I must confess I have no idea how anyone can drink whiskey of any kind. Mind not being a drinker I cant understand how anyone can enjoy a night in the pub either.
Obviously a lot depends on what type of whisky you drink but also how you drink it. I turn away when I see people do a “ John Wayne “. At least he had an excuse as he was drinking American crap but people drinking decent whisky like a shot should be shot.   Razz
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 788
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-28, 11:46 am

canary-dave wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Yesterday was a 'funny' day . . . . the first one that I can remember that when I woke up I struggled for what seemed like ages but was probably about 30 seconds, to be sure about what day it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Retired people often don't need to know what day it is, and because of the current 'working from home' situation, I felt like I was in a retired state [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I got over it . . . . I did some work, had 'elevenses' at 11:30 and a planned 1 o'clock lunch break at 2 o'clock.

Late for lunch 'cos my youngest daughter walked round with her hubby and 2 kids, who live in Cleadon (about a mile away) arriving at 12:15 . . . . where we provided and they had a picnic at the bottom of our front lawn, adhering to social distancing guidance, but at least we were able to see them 'in the flesh' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Asda at about 15:30 for some supplies, and the queue to get in was quite long. I rang Mrs. A. to tell her that I might be a while, then a couple of minutes after the call we were all allowed in (in batches) . . . . get in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suitable distancing was largely observed, some wore masks and some looked confused, but it worked . . . . no bog roll, Flash bleach spray, or pasta, though !

Check-out distancing was about 4 yards (!) and I was finished . . . . on my way back to my car I had to walk through the queue (plenty of room), which was much longer than when I arrived, but it's become the new 'norm' now.

Strange times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich for supper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glenfiddich was my introduction to single malt many years ago, I still enjoy it but it now takes a back seat to my favourite Bruichladdich, The Ten Year Laddy. 

drunken drunken drunken
Glenfiddich still my favourite 
However I’m no conisure 
I will try Bruichladdich
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7998
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-28, 12:29 pm

I've never even heard of Bruichladdich. The three that I drink are all Glens . . . . Fiddich (my favourite), Livet and Morangie. Having said that (3) I have 3 different types of Glenfiddich here now, so there are a few options (if you like whisky, Sydney) Wink

If we're ever allowed out again (further afield than Asda) I'll try to remember to try that Bruichladdich stuff Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 693
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 26
Location : South Shields, Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-03-28, 12:38 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I've never even heard of Bruichladdich. The three that I drink are all Glens . . . . Fiddich (my favourite), Livet and Morangie. Having said that (3) I have 3 different types of Glenfiddich here now, so there are a few options (if you like whisky, Sydney) Wink

If we're ever allowed out again (further afield than Asda) I'll try to remember to try that Bruichladdich stuff Smile
When you do check the strength as it’s generally far higher than 40/43.  A touch of water to your liking will enhance the flavour.  It’s personal taste but I never add ice as towards the end it’s often diluted too much.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 788
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-28, 1:52 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I've never even heard of Bruichladdich. The three that I drink are all Glens . . . . Fiddich (my favourite), Livet and Morangie. Having said that (3) I have 3 different types of Glenfiddich here now, so there are a few options (if you like whisky, Sydney) Wink

If we're ever allowed out again (further afield than Asda) I'll try to remember to try that Bruichladdich stuff Smile
Yeah glens is much I know about 
However I’ve tried ableor 
Bow more and a few peaty ones I’m not too sure 
Some taste antiseptic 
While on the cruise I tried many malts dalwinnie was one and a few others
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7998
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-03-28, 2:11 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I've never even heard of Bruichladdich. The three that I drink are all Glens . . . . Fiddich (my favourite), Livet and Morangie. Having said that (3) I have 3 different types of Glenfiddich here now, so there are a few options (if you like whisky, Sydney) Wink

If we're ever allowed out again (further afield than Asda) I'll try to remember to try that Bruichladdich stuff Smile
Add Jura to the Glen's and I am a happy man  Very Happy drunken
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2486
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 65
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-28, 2:15 pm

SunderMad may be full of piss artists but at lease they are rather refined high end piss artist

and Gil

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50446
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-03-29, 2:28 pm

I went to Tesco yesterday and saw a frail old lady struggling with two fellers over some toilet rolls so I stepped in to help.

She couldn’t manage the three of us.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 788
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-04-02, 12:31 pm

Well most days are the same now, and we've probably all thought by now about different ways to get by.

I'm working from home and I've still got work to do, so I'm not as bored as I could be, and some are. Mrs. A. isn't sick of jigsaws yet, and it's probably good that I'm in my office upstairs . . . . less chance of her doing something silly with a kitchen knife when I'm downstairs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At the moment I'm 'listening' to various providers on an all day webinar (since 10 o'clock and it runs until 4 o'clock) . . . . mainly to fulfil my cpd (continuing professional development) obligations, but also to keep updated about changes with protection providers because of this Lager Virus.

Yes, that's why I'm typing this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll be going shopping soon to get provisions for my Auntie & Uncle who I've grounded, just in case, then lunch, then back to 'listening' to the webinar (which is already running late . . . . it was after the first session), then watching the BBC update (which has now 'lost it's edge') before a bit of telly and some Remy Martin, and some communal applause outside at 8 o'clock [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How are you all coping [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 693
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 26
Location : South Shields, Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-04-02, 1:00 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Well most days are the same now, and we've probably all thought by now about different ways to get by.

I'm working from home and I've still got work to do, so I'm not as bored as I could be, and some are. Mrs. A. isn't sick of jigsaws yet, and it's probably good that I'm in my office upstairs . . . . less chance of her doing something silly with a kitchen knife when I'm downstairs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At the moment I'm 'listening' to various providers on an all day webinar (since 10 o'clock and it runs until 4 o'clock) . . . . mainly to fulfil my cpd (continuing professional development) obligations, but also to keep updated about changes with protection providers because of this Lager Virus.

Yes, that's why I'm typing this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll be going shopping soon to get provisions for my Auntie & Uncle who I've grounded, just in case, then lunch, then back to 'listening' to the webinar (which is already running late . . . . it was after the first session), then watching the BBC update (which has now 'lost it's edge') before a bit of telly and some Remy Martin, and some communal applause outside at 8 o'clock [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How are you all coping [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I thought I led a boring life but I had no idea, now I am leading a boring life. I was just saying to Annette this morning that the highlight of the day is now the afternoon discussion of what we fancy for dinner. We have Sky TV and free view so finding something to watch should be a doddle, it's not. I got into doing some gardening but the novelty soon wore off.
Will we last the course, maybe 9 more weeks at least
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50446
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum