SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» David Moyes
I fear EmptyToday at 7:18 pm by oldblackcat

» Kristjaan Speakman
I fear EmptyToday at 6:48 pm by Kipper

» Week 12
I fear EmptyToday at 4:59 pm by Terrapinic

» League Table - Mid Week 11
I fear EmptyToday at 4:16 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Results Mid Week 11
I fear EmptyToday at 4:10 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Results Mid Week 10 & Week 11
I fear EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» EFL agree rescue package amounting to £250m
I fear EmptyToday at 2:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Wigan
I fear EmptyToday at 1:10 pm by barrowmackem

» Watmore
I fear EmptyToday at 1:09 pm by barrowmackem

» BOOKIES FAVOURITES
I fear EmptyToday at 6:01 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

I fear

Go down

I fear Empty I fear

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-16, 8:14 am

Life is about to change for us all for a long, long time, Sadly for many life will end, its just a case of who and when.

For me football has become a total irrelevance and like many on here the people I know and have grown up with are in that high risk group who are about to be grounded. I quite enjoy lounging about watching TV but being forced to do wont be at all easy.

Corona seems to have quickly escalated from a bit of an inconvenience to a major crisis affecting everyone.

Stay safe my friends, stay safe.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

I fear Empty Re: I fear

Post  canary-dave on 2020-03-16, 8:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:Life is about to change for us all for a long, long time, Sadly for many life will end, its just a case of who and when.

For me football has become a total irrelevance and like many on here the people I know and have grown up with are in that high risk group who are about to be grounded. I quite enjoy lounging about watching TV but being forced to do wont be at all easy.

Corona seems to have quickly escalated from a bit of an inconvenience to a major crisis affecting everyone.

Stay safe my friends, stay safe.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-03-16, 9:35 am

Yes most of us on here are in the at risk bracket some more than others. Hope we all come through unscathed. Good luck everyone.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-16, 11:41 am

We are all creatures of habit so how will the corona virus change those habits and how will those changes affect us all?
Football is a good example, some fans could never contemplate missing games, home or away but many of us stopped away games and now dont miss them. We all know people who have stopped going to home games and now no longer miss them.
We are all now being forced to miss all football so how many will have changed their habit and not go back?
Supermarket shopping for me is now home delivery,will I go back to pushing a trolley round or will home delivery become my new habit.
2 weeks in the sun, a weekend in the pub, the list goes on.
Of course most will go back to old habits but how many wont and how will that affect cash flow in many business?
We are all in the unknown that's about the only thing we do know.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-16, 12:09 pm

I cant believe the utter selfishness of my fellow oldies, some not only want to go out but they also have the stupid idea that they should be allowed to live.
OK so you put your state pension age back, gave up your free TV licence, agreed to sell your home to pay for your care, so what.
At your age constipation is a regular event so why do you need all that loo paper, you dont.
You dont even eat pasta or that foreign muck you complain about.
And by now you should be drinking black tea.
Get a grip, get in the house, close the curtains and lock the door, bloody old pain in the but.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-03-16, 3:06 pm

It is a very frightening time - I am not in the 'at risk' group (yet!) but MR H is over 70 and we care for our young grandchildren who are still going to school every day. No cases yet in Northumberland but expect its a matter of time.

Silver lining - because the Labour Party has cancelled all meetings, and because elections have been postponed for a year this is the first time for more than 6 months I have had time to 'relax'.

I have emailed all my members and asked them to do what they can to help their neighbours (using this card below) or by joining a community group like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - there are others in NW Durham and elsewhere too.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

People can help by picking up supplies and prescriptions or giving them a ring to make sure they are not going stir-crazy, without putting themselves at risk. And to watch out for the horrible people who will try to take advantage.

Scary days ahead. It almost feels like preparing for a war. Stay safe everyone  Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-16, 3:39 pm

Fox Cub-Spennymoor

I love youI love you ELDERLY CARE PACKAGES I love youI love you

With the news of our loved ones over the age of 70 beginning to self quarantine. We would like to help some way in making this time as easy and as stress free as possible.

We’ve made up a few care packages with some essentials and some luxuries.

These contain-

Toilet roll
Tissues
Hand wash
Chocolate selection
Jam
Coffee
Tea
Porridge
Biscuits
Puzzle book

If you yourself or a loved one is in need of one of these please get in touch. We can deliver these locally too if you are struggling to get out.

🤍From Laura and the team. We are here to help so please don’t hesitate to ask 🤍

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-03-16, 8:18 pm

my daughter who is a doctor has told us to self isolate, she will do our shopping. So thats me and my wife in for the foreseeable future. Decorating here i come.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-03-16, 8:59 pm

Remember to wash your hands regularly & ALWAYS before eating. 

I personally understand how the virus was able to spread so quickly in Italy & thankfully due to personal hygiene care was able to stay safe while being ridiculed by many so called educated adults.

Stay safe EVERYONE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man! on 2020-03-16, 9:08 pm

Hieronymus wrote:It is a very frightening time - I am not in the 'at risk' group (yet!) but MR H is over 70 and we care for our young grandchildren who are still going to school every day. No cases yet in Northumberland but expect its a matter of time.

Silver lining - because the Labour Party has cancelled all meetings, and because elections have been postponed for a year this is the first time for more than 6 months I have had time to 'relax'.

I have emailed all my members and asked them to do what they can to help their neighbours (using this card below) or by joining a community group like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - there are others in NW Durham and elsewhere too.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

People can help by picking up supplies and prescriptions or giving them a ring to make sure they are not going stir-crazy, without putting themselves at risk. And to watch out for the horrible people who will try to take advantage.

Scary days ahead. It almost feels like preparing for a war. Stay safe everyone  Smile
Well said Trish    like
Old Man!
Old Man!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum