SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Neil Baldwin: Marvellous
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:07 am by Sid MCFC

» The passing of David Bowen
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 5:06 pm by fulwellend47

» Happy 64th
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:40 am by barrowmackem

» Play Offs
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty2020-07-07, 8:32 pm by gil t azell

» No fool like an old fool
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty2020-07-07, 12:29 pm by Vincemac

» Keeping spirits up !
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty2020-07-06, 1:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Agents
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty2020-07-05, 8:32 am by AXS909

» Were you there?
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty2020-07-04, 10:18 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Happy 76th
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty2020-07-04, 11:58 am by Jerry the Jinx

» What Players do we now want In
Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty2020-07-02, 3:54 pm by Rovertsafc

Italy extends emergency measures nationwide

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty Re: Italy extends emergency measures nationwide

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-20, 5:22 pm

wanderer wrote:Been for a 5-6 mile walk today, good exercise good fresh air and good food, feckin virus aint getting me  Laughing
Done 4 today 
Tired now like
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Italy extends emergency measures nationwide - Page 2 Empty Re: Italy extends emergency measures nationwide

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-03-23, 3:14 pm

Haven't been on for a few days, only I have been having too sort a few things out re: business matters. 

As of last Friday I am now retired, (sort of) all my work commitments are on hold until we get to grips with this virus, I fear for our townships in South Africa, well all of Africa actually.......

I got the all clear status on my chest x-ray and have started to feel a lot better since Saturday.

Though I did not think they were going to go ahead with the x-ray despite a doctor's referral. 

As I did point out to them that I had interaction with overseas visitors from the likes of France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Sweden, USA and Canada to name a few in the last 3 months!

I was told by the receptionist to go to the hospital instead? Even though the hospital had already said I did not meet the criteria for testing....

Anyway after a lengthy  phone call  by the receptionist I was allowed to go ahead with the x-ray.

I have since received an email today where I have to state which overseas visitors I have had interaction with since March 8th? Which coincides near the time of my symptoms....strange one?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-23, 5:30 pm

So you've had to fight to have the tests required Sad but at least you've eventually had confirmation that you're okay . . . . phew Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-04-01, 1:26 pm

Funny how everyone is banging on about testing now.

We should have done this at the start. Then we'd have the real data, we'd know who was infected and in which areas.

Its shambolic the way the government has handled this, And the ppe for the NHS.

Disgusting
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-04-01, 2:16 pm

The way that some, like you, Steve, are reacting to the Government trying to keep us safe, in what is an unprecedented situation is certainly shambolic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-04-01, 2:59 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:The way that some, like you, Steve, are reacting to the Government trying to keep us safe, in what is an unprecedented situation is certainly shambolic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Have you not cottoned on to steve yet, CD thinks I am being nasty.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-04-01, 4:18 pm

wanderer wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:The way that some, like you, Steve, are reacting to the Government trying to keep us safe, in what is an unprecedented situation is certainly shambolic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On one single occasion, don't make a mountain out of a molehill!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-04-01, 4:51 pm

canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

By the way, Steve is basically a not606 poster, utilising his not606 skills on here. 

Worked well for BillyD!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-04-01, 5:23 pm

canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Just telling Steve what should have been told long ago.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-04-01, 8:07 pm

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

So why are you allowed an opinion and he isn't?

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-04-01, 8:16 pm

canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

He is allowed an opinion, as long as he keeps it to himself.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-04-01, 9:01 pm

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

He is allowed an opinion, as long as he keeps it to himself.

I'm wasting my precious time here and that's something I can ill afford.  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-04-01, 9:06 pm

Do I get the feeling that Wanderer (who I think I know from not606 under other names) and Steve are doing a hit job on this site.  If not, then I for one do not welcome their petty squabbles.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-04-01, 11:53 pm

Gordon obviously thinks it's OK for NHS staff not to have the correct ppe. 🙄

Can't blame the government though, they're clearly not responsible.

Or the testing... What was it again? 10,000 a day by this stage.. Its nowhere near.

But no, it's clearly not the government's fault.

Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-04-02, 7:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coronavirus: Testing will 'unlock puzzle', PM says

Testing is the solution to "unlock the puzzle" of coronavirus, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said.

Mr Johnson was speaking after it was revealed only 2,000 out of some half a million frontline NHS workers in England had been tested.

The PM said the government needed to "massively ramp up" testing so that NHS staff who are self-isolating unnecessarily could return to work.

It came as the UK had its biggest daily increase in deaths - 563.

As of 17:00 on Tuesday, the overall number of deaths from the virus in the UK was 2,352.

'Rallying call'
Mr Johnson, who is self-isolating in Downing Street after contracting the virus himself, has faced widespread criticism over his government's testing strategy.

In a video message on Twitter on Wednesday evening, he said: "I want to say a special word about testing, because it is so important, and as I have said for weeks and weeks, this is the way through.

"This is how we will unlock the coronavirus puzzle. This is how we will defeat it in the end."

Mr Johnson said more coronavirus testing would enable staff who are self-isolating - either because they had symptoms or shared a household with someone who was sick - to know if they were uninfected and could safely return to work.

Antibody tests - which look for signs of immunity in the blood - could show who has had coronavirus and is therefore not at risk of being infected or passing the infection on to others, the prime minister said.

However, these tests are not yet ready for use and it is not clear when they will be.

Dr Yvonne Doyle told said the "intention" was for testing for frontline staff to increase from "thousands to hundreds of thousands within the coming weeks"
On Wednesday, Dr Yvonne Doyle, Public Health England medical director, told the daily coronavirus briefing in Downing Street the "intention" was for testing for frontline staff to increase from "thousands to hundreds of thousands within the coming weeks".

The prime minister's official spokesman said the government was working with NHS England, Public Health England and other organisations to boost test capacity with an additional network of labs and testing sites.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has held talks with industry figures, issuing what his department said was a "rallying call" to improve diagnostic capability.

However, some NHS trusts have said they are limited in the number of tests they can carry out due to continued shortages of swabs, reagents and testing kits.

One large English district hospital in the Midlands reported it was only able to test three staff members per day due to a lack of swabs, NHS Providers said.

Another trust in the West Midlands said that while it could carry out up to 300 tests per day, a shortage of reagent and testing kit availability meant only 20 were carried out daily.

Despite there being capacity for 12,750 daily tests, only 8,630 were taken on Monday, the prime minister's official spokesman said.

As of 9:00 on Wednesday, 152,979 people in the UK had been tested for the virus with 29,474 confirmed positive.

AS I'VE SAID, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE THINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE FROM THE START.

WE'VE COMPLETELY f*cked UP BY WAITING TOO LONG. ABSOLUTE FARCE
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-04-02, 7:54 am

Nostalgic wrote:Do I get the feeling that Wanderer (who I think I know from not606 under other names) and Steve are doing a hit job on this site.  If not, then I for one do not welcome their petty squabbles.
Possibly help you out on this, until I joined sundermad I had not heared of not 606.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-04-02, 8:11 pm

wanderer wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Do I get the feeling that Wanderer (who I think I know from not606 under other names) and Steve are doing a hit job on this site.  If not, then I for one do not welcome their petty squabbles.
Possibly help you out on this, until I joined sundermad I had not heared of not 606.
OK, my wrong on that and apologies.  The vocabulary and writing style reminded me of someone who was also close to Darlington.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum