SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» wine and vaux
9 more chances EmptyYesterday at 8:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» brighton
9 more chances EmptyYesterday at 8:05 pm by Exilium

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
9 more chances EmptyYesterday at 6:05 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
9 more chances EmptyYesterday at 9:46 am by Kipper

» The SunderMad barometer.
9 more chances Empty2020-09-19, 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
9 more chances Empty2020-09-19, 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
9 more chances Empty2020-09-19, 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Oviedo
9 more chances Empty2020-09-19, 1:26 pm by gil t azell

» Court Battle
9 more chances Empty2020-09-16, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Josh Hawkes
9 more chances Empty2020-09-15, 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

9 more chances

Go down

9 more chances Empty 9 more chances

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-08, 9:13 am

I left yesterdays game in deep thought, a deepness that I have not had for some time, maybe a crossroads.

If we dont go up can I take one more year of division 1 and what is becoming a penance rather than a pleasure.

Many pundits say we have the best squad in the division but yesterday said to me we almost have the best squad, recent games have confirmed it, we almost won or drew at Coventry, but almost was not good enough and that has been our story, we almost got all three points yesterday but almost cost us 2 points.

Can we still go up automatically, of course we can but IMO we will probably have to win all of our remaining 9 games, not almost win but win.

The next two games will give us a big clue, the best squad should beat teams in 13th and 15th places.

We sit in 5th place only 3 points behind second but 6th, 7th and 8th also sit 3 points behind second and two of the top 8 play us, all there to win, or lose, or draw.

Many are saying automatic promotion is no longer possible, they are cleverer than me because I have no idea what lies ahead, Sunderland dont and never have done what is expected.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50678
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-08, 9:20 am

cyprussyd wrote:I left yesterdays game in deep thought, a deepness that I have not had for some time, maybe a crossroads.

If we dont go up can I take one more year of division 1 and what is becoming a penance rather than a pleasure.

Many pundits say we have the best squad in the division but yesterday said to me we almost have the best squad, recent games have confirmed it, we almost won or drew at Coventry, but almost was not good enough and that has been our story, we almost got all three points yesterday but almost cost us 2 points.

Can we still go up automatically, of course we can but IMO we will probably have to win all of our remaining 9 games, not almost win but win.

The next two games will give us a big clue, the best squad should beat teams in 13th and 15th places.

We sit in 5th place only 3 points behind second but 6th, 7th and 8th also sit 3 points behind second and two of the top 8 play us, all there to win, or lose, or draw.

Many are saying automatic promotion is no longer possible, they are cleverer than me because I have no idea what lies ahead, Sunderland dont and never have done what is expected.
Yeah I was really gutted yesterday 
However it’s still on we can get up automatically 
Win all our remaining games simples
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-03-08, 10:42 am

Let's be honest here. We're simply not going to win all remaining 9 games, are we?

Not a ******* chance.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 353
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  gil t azell on 2020-03-08, 11:27 am

Came out disappointed yesterday but felt we did not deserve to win.

I still believe there are lots of twists n turns to come and whilst it is still possible I will believe we are capable of getting there. Even if we do go up whether automatic or play offs we need a overhaul of players as I believe only 4 possibly 5 may have what it takes to be championship players. 

Lafferty looked good and will get better with game time. We also need to give Semanyo a start tomorrow. He has pace and power and once again with game time we could have a formidable partnership for the last few games.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6469
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 60
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Guest on 2020-03-08, 11:50 am

Whatever the league, whether we win, lose or draw,
I will be Sunderland forever more..
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-08, 12:39 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Let's be honest here. We're simply not going to win all remaining 9 games, are we?

Not a ******* chance.
Being very honest I dont know but wont be going down your way of griping every day
gil t azell wrote:Came out disappointed yesterday but felt we did not deserve to win.

I still believe there are lots of twists n turns to come and whilst it is still possible I will believe we are capable of getting there. Even if we do go up whether automatic or play offs we need a overhaul of players as I believe only 4 possibly 5 may have what it takes to be championship players. 

Lafferty looked good and will get better with game time. We also need to give Semanyo a start tomorrow. He has pace and power and once again with game time we could have a formidable partnership for the last few games.
I agree with all of that
MrRAWhite wrote:Whatever the league, whether we win, lose or draw,
I will be Sunderland forever more..
So will I just not sure my blind faith days are still here so may well be more selective and use streams more

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50678
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-03-08, 3:25 pm

Griping every day? I'll have my opinion thanks, without the belittling. You should be setting an example, not seeing an opportunity to berate me because my opinion is different to yours.

Our defence is shot to bits without the organisation of Wright in there.

We hardly ever win unless Gooch or maguire are on form or scoring.

These are facts, not gripes.

Unbelievable
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 353
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-08, 4:13 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Griping every day? I'll have my opinion thanks, without the belittling. You should be setting an example, not seeing an opportunity to berate me because my opinion is different to yours.

Our defence is shot to bits without the organisation of Wright in there.

We hardly ever win unless Gooch or maguire are on form or scoring.

These are facts, not gripes.

Unbelievable
You are entitled to your facts
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  canary-dave on 2020-03-08, 5:39 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Griping every day? I'll have my opinion thanks, without the belittling. You should be setting an example, not seeing an opportunity to berate me because my opinion is different to yours.

Our defence is shot to bits without the organisation of Wright in there.

We hardly ever win unless Gooch or maguire are on form or scoring.

These are facts, not gripes.

Unbelievable

So now you're griping about being accused of griping!

What a gay day  Laughing

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15050
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 72
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-08, 7:21 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Griping every day? I'll have my opinion thanks, without the belittling. You should be setting an example, not seeing an opportunity to berate me because my opinion is different to yours.

Our defence is shot to bits without the organisation of Wright in there.

We hardly ever win unless Gooch or maguire are on form or scoring.

These are facts, not gripes.

Unbelievable
A couple of poor results and nignog returns,
Unbelievable
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 512
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-03-08, 7:36 pm

Usual replys from posters who don't see what's in front of them.

Keep up the insults, because you clearly aren't capable of having an argument without them.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 353
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-03-08, 7:43 pm

Looking at the other teams fixtures the run in should be very tasty as a fair few have to play each other.  No points from Pompey and Coventry and one from Fleetwood show me that we do not seem to able to compete so it is just as well our remaining fixtures are reasonably clear even if they are away.

Oxford and Rotherham have tough games, but the team in the middle of everything is Fleetwood so maybe we could sneak second spot if results go our way.  I would prefer we were in charge of our own future, but.....................

Just another season at Sunderland.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4403
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-08, 7:59 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Usual replys from posters who don't see what's in front of them.

Keep up the insults, because you clearly aren't capable of having an argument without them.
Clear 1 thing up please, who exactly is arguing?
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 512
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-03-09, 12:48 am

Wanderer... Why don't you talk about the thread, instead of talking about the poster?

I'm allowed to have an opinion without people jumping on my back straight away just because it's different to theirs.

Its the same posters as well.. Why don't you just disagree and leave it there..
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 353
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-09, 8:04 am

Steve30000 wrote:Wanderer... Why don't you talk about the thread, instead of talking about the poster?

I'm allowed to have an opinion without people jumping on my back straight away just because it's different to theirs.

Its the same posters as well.. Why don't you just disagree and leave it there..
Please just answer my question, who is it that is arguing.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 512
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-03-09, 8:16 am

Talk about the thread, not the poster. Well done on derailing the thread Wanderer
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 353
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  paddocklad on 2020-03-09, 8:40 am

I have to admit since loosing Wright to injury we look woeful at the back and as much as I hate to say it Ozturk has become a liability, there’s also something to be said about playing the same team week in week out that we become predictable and easier to fathom out, maybe a change in personnel might just give us that extra spark in the run in, not sure I could but up with another year in division 1 with it’s crap referees
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-08-20
Age : 50
Location : Chester-le-Street

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-09, 8:40 am

Steve30000 wrote:Usual replys from posters who don't see what's in front of them.

Keep up the insults, because you clearly aren't capable of having an argument without them.


One last try, who are you saying is arguing.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 512
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-03-10, 3:15 am

Why sign Tommy Smith as cover till the end of the season if there not going to play him  scratch
He's a CB, not that SAFC supporters would know.


Ps. Steve, Could he do the job for us?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 10823
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 102
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

9 more chances Empty Re: 9 more chances

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum