SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Update
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:13 am by cyprussyd

» Week 12
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:48 am by oxfordshire

» Anyone fancy a Zoom meet up?
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:43 am by barrowmackem

» Results Mid Week 11
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:21 am by Hieronymus

» David Moyes
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:18 pm by oldblackcat

» Kristjaan Speakman
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:48 pm by Kipper

» League Table - Mid Week 11
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:16 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Results Mid Week 10 & Week 11
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:06 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» EFL agree rescue package amounting to £250m
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 2:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Wigan
Fleetwood next up - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:10 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Fleetwood next up

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fleetwood next up - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood next up

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2020-02-26, 12:33 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well here is my bit of controversy, well done Joey Barton and how embarrassing are we.

The mighty Sunderland celebrate wildly after grabbing a 97th minute equaliser against little old Fleetwood, no wonder Barton laughed at the fans running over to laugh at him.
Well here's the thing
We're not the mighty Sunderland and they're not little old Fleetwood
We're 2 league 1 sides fighting for promotion
It felt like it was going to be 1 of those nights, especially considering the time-wasting tactics Fleetwood employed as soon as they scored
Not knocking them for that - they had a game plan and stuck to it, but were enabled by a referee and linesman who allowed them to get away with it
So did I celebrate wildly when we scored - bet your life I did and not 1 bit embarrassed for doing so
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2020-02-26, 12:35 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well here is my bit of controversy, well done Joey Barton and how embarrassing are we.

The mighty Sunderland celebrate wildly after grabbing a 97th minute equaliser against little old Fleetwood, no wonder Barton laughed at the fans running over to laugh at  
I'm not embarrassed at all about the way I celebrated. This is a manager who has digs at us whenever he gets the opportunity and a team who didn't just try to slow the game down, they went to extremes.

Whether it's Fleetwood or not this is who we are competing with nowadays. The game was massive for us because they are neck and neck in the table with us and the stakes were high. We looked like we were going to lose but avoided that with the last kick of the game. As a fan, this resulted in a spontaneous burst of emotion in me, I'm sorry it didn't do the same for you. That equaliser will generate a great feeling within the team as well which could be significant going forward. I know which team will be in the better mood this morning - take that positivity to Coventry.

It's all good!

Think we overlapped Laughing
Must be a case of great minds thinking alike Smile
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-02-26, 1:08 pm

It certainly won't be a case of 'fools seldom differ' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-26, 1:20 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
Kipper wrote:

The mighty Sunderland celebrate wildly after grabbing a 97th minute equaliser against little old Fleetwood, no wonder Barton laughed at the fans running over to laugh at  
I'm not embarrassed at all about the way I celebrated. This is a manager who has digs at us whenever he gets the opportunity and a team who didn't just try to slow the game down, they went to extremes.

Whether it's Fleetwood or not this is who we are competing with nowadays. The game was massive for us because they are neck and neck in the table with us and the stakes were high. We looked like we were going to lose but avoided that with the last kick of the game. As a fan, this resulted in a spontaneous burst of emotion in me, I'm sorry it didn't do the same for you. That equaliser will generate a great feeling within the team as well which could be significant going forward. I know which team will be in the better mood this morning - take that positivity to Coventry.

It's all good!

Think we overlapped Laughing
Must be a case of great minds thinking alike Smile
2 good answers and even better it spurred the Jinx into action

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-26, 1:28 pm

I posted the same post on Facebook, the SunderMad forum and Twitter. Facebook and forum good reasoned sensible replies. Twitter abuse you are a mag and childish insults.Interesting and confirms what we all know, dump Twitter.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-02-26, 4:28 pm

I have just found out that there is a town in Scotland called Dumbarton!

I always thought it was a description of Joey  Laughing

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-02-26, 5:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I posted the same post on Facebook, the SunderMad forum and Twitter. Facebook and forum good reasoned sensible replies. Twitter abuse you are a mag and childish insults.Interesting and confirms what we all know, dump Twitter.
I spotted your little fishing trip - an interesting experiment - and I agree, dump Twitter Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-02-26, 5:46 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I posted the same post on Facebook, the SunderMad forum and Twitter. Facebook and forum good reasoned sensible replies. Twitter abuse you are a mag and childish insults.Interesting and confirms what we all know, dump Twitter.
I spotted your little fishing trip - an interesting experiment - and I agree, dump Twitter Very Happy
Was Syd fly fishing for salmon? Or am I missing something?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-02-26, 6:06 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:

The mighty Sunderland celebrate wildly after grabbing a 97th minute equaliser against little old Fleetwood, no wonder Barton laughed at the fans running over to laugh at him.
Well here's the thing
We're not the mighty Sunderland and they're not little old Fleetwood
We're 2 league 1 sides fighting for promotion
It felt like it was going to be 1 of those nights, especially considering the time-wasting tactics Fleetwood employed as soon as they scored
Not knocking them for that - they had a game plan and stuck to it, but were enabled by a referee and linesman who allowed them to get away with it
So did I celebrate wildly when we scored - bet your life I did and not 1 bit embarrassed for doing so
Have to admit I was doing chat box on the night and just had that bad feeling we were not going to get anything out of the game so I left chat box about 9 mins before fulltime I needed to avoid internet traffic!!
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-26, 6:13 pm

Hieronymus wrote:

Yes I noticed as well and only liked the post of the person who spoke up backing Syd  stating he was deffo no mag supporter.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-26, 6:15 pm

Coming out of that ground last night felt almost like a win. I would imagine Fleetwood would have felt like it was a loss. 

Hopefully that deflates them gives us the spur to kick on.

And hopefully Barton goes to jail in June following his court case.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum