SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Fleetwood away
Fleetwood next up EmptyToday at 1:38 pm by Mackemneil

» LEAGUE TABLE
Fleetwood next up EmptyToday at 11:03 am by Exilium

» Parkinson is the man for us
Fleetwood next up EmptyToday at 12:06 am by oxfordshire

» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
Fleetwood next up EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
Fleetwood next up EmptyYesterday at 5:29 pm by Hieronymus

» The bairns
Fleetwood next up Empty2020-11-26, 8:09 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Manager sacked
Fleetwood next up Empty2020-11-24, 9:32 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
Fleetwood next up Empty2020-11-23, 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
Fleetwood next up Empty2020-11-23, 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
Fleetwood next up Empty2020-11-23, 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Fleetwood next up

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fleetwood next up Empty Fleetwood next up

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-23, 2:24 am

Well Tuesday sees us welcome Mr Barton and an in form Fleetwood.

Coventry entertain Rotherham so a win for us and .....

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Fleetwood next up Empty Re: Fleetwood next up

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-02-23, 6:22 am

One thing will be guaranteed is that Barton's team will reflect his attitude and be a bunch of give nothing away easily so we will need to be ready for a battle.  

For me he was the kind of player that teams need but it is just a shame he is a Scouse.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-23, 8:05 am

To be fair they have 5 wins on the belt so apart from the cloggers they must have a few skilful players.

Just hope the lads are mentally up for it. 

Although Charlie scored I think Lafferty would give their centre halfs more to think about it. I dont think it will happen as PP seems to prefer no changes unless forced which to be fair has served him well.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-02-23, 11:00 am

Nostalgic wrote:One thing will be guaranteed is that Barton's team will reflect his attitude and be a bunch of give nothing away easily so we will need to be ready for a battle.  

For me he was the kind of player that teams need but it is just a shame he is a Scouse.
I’m not sure about him being a good teammate Nos.  Two incidents spring to mind whilst he was at City, giving Dabo a serious beating on the training pitch which required hospital treatment and Barton getting a suspended sentence and stubbing out a cigar in an 15y academy players face narrowly missing his eye for which he had to pay £65,000 in compensation.  Not to mention getting a 6 month sentence in Liverpool for affray.

The Dabo incident was because Dabo had the audacity to say to Barton “You’re not as good as you think you are”.  Despite being true it was a horrendous thing to say to a colleague that clearly deserved a good kicking. I think not.

He’s an odious little creature that shouldn’t be involved in any sport ever again.

I have nothing against Fleetwood but I hope you give them a damn good thrashing.

Off topic though when I was around 13 I got a really bad school report so me and a mate ran away for 3 nights and made our way to Fleetwood as we’d heard the fishing boats then used to except young kids as gofers for £5 a week.  We were told to go home (not the actual words).  When we did get home my Dad did an impression of Joey bleeding Barton.  Me and that arsehole Barton have got history.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-02-23, 1:39 pm

I'm with you Sid, a really obnoxious little man. I can't stand him  Evil or Very Mad

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-02-24, 11:41 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:One thing will be guaranteed is that Barton's team will reflect his attitude and be a bunch of give nothing away easily so we will need to be ready for a battle.  

I’m not sure about him being a good teammate Nos.  Two incidents spring to mind whilst he was at City, giving Dabo a serious beating on the training pitch which required hospital treatment and Barton getting a suspended sentence and stubbing out a cigar in an 15y academy players face narrowly missing his eye for which he had to pay £65,000 in compensation.  Not to mention getting a 6 month sentence in Liverpool for affray.

The Dabo incident was because Dabo had the audacity to say to Barton “You’re not as good as you think you are”.  Despite being true it was a horrendous thing to say to a colleague that clearly deserved a good kicking. I think not.

He’s an odious little creature that shouldn’t be involved in any sport ever again.

I have nothing against Fleetwood but I hope you give them a damn good thrashing.

Off topic though when I was around 13 I got a really bad school report so me and a mate ran away for 3 nights and made our way to Fleetwood as we’d heard the fishing boats then used to except young kids as gofers for £5 a week.  We were told to go home (not the actual words).  When we did get home my Dad did an impression of Joey bleeding Barton.  Me and that arsehole Barton have got history.
Great story! Love the idea of a 13 year old Sid running away to sea.

As for Joey Barton - as my husband is also a scouser I cannot agree to that part of Nos's assessment - but do agree with the common view that he is obnoxious, has an over-inflated opinion of himself and has anger management issues that probably go back to a story similar to Sids from his childhood!!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-02-24, 1:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-02-24, 3:52 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

Great story! Love the idea of a 13 year old Sid running away to sea.

As for Joey Barton - as my husband is also a scouser I cannot agree to that part of Nos's assessment - but do agree with the common view that he is obnoxious, has an over-inflated opinion of himself and has anger management issues that probably go back to a story similar to Sids from his childhood!!
Lol.  Thanks H, I’m flummoxed!  I’m happy to have my background linked to a millionaire but not THAT millionaire.   affraid

Wish I’d not ran away now.  Crying or Very sad
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-24, 7:13 pm

Safcy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looking at that has given me a little bit more confidence. Fleetwood havent got the best away record. Hoping & praying we can capitalise on this tomorrow.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-24, 7:33 pm

In London or Harrow to be precise, not home till Wednesday evening. Bit of a bugger Crying or Very sad.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-02-24, 8:21 pm

I think I must have badly written my post or people have misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

Barton was a skillful footballer, but was tough/nasty/ruthless with it.  His attitude was the wors, but I have no idea how his team actually performs.

As a Scouse he is not representative of their attitude in general.

Maybe my grammar doesn't match modern thinking.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-02-25, 9:26 am

Nostalgic wrote:I think I must have badly written my post or people have misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

Barton was a skillful footballer, but was tough/nasty/ruthless with it.  His attitude was the wors, but I have no idea how his team actually performs.

As a Scouse he is not representative of their attitude in general.

Maybe my grammar doesn't match modern thinking.
Yeah I think I know what you mean 
However Barton had a very short chequered career 
He was nothing special a run of the mill footballer with an over active ego
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-25, 1:30 pm

Still hope he goes to jail in June.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-02-25, 9:47 pm

Equaliser

Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2020-02-25, 9:52 pm

feels like a win after what felt like being a pretty depressing result after Saturday's great effort.

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-02-25, 9:55 pm

More build up for the equaliser

Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-02-25, 9:56 pm

fitz wrote:feels like a win after what felt like being a pretty depressing result after Saturday's great effort.
They will be buzzing in the changing room.  If you can’t win, a 90 plus min equaliser does the morale a power of good

As did power

Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-02-25, 9:59 pm

Safcy wrote:
fitz wrote:feels like a win after what felt like being a pretty depressing result after Saturday's great effort.
They will be buzzing in the changing room.  If you can’t win, a 90 plus min equaliser does the morale a power of good

As did power
Yep - keeping going to last second - that's the main thing Phil Parkinson has really got into the team. Well done to Watmore too - a good assist. And great payback to Barton for his team's timewasting tactics Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-02-25, 10:08 pm

That was a result worth having in the end and keeps us in touch.  Sunday's upcoming game made all the more interesting now.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-25, 11:03 pm

Safcy wrote:

As did power

It felt like a win to me. Came out of there very happy.

Begrudgungly I must give Fleetwood credit. They came out of the blocks, got the goal and then just did what they had to do. Thankfully their timewasting ultimately cost them 2 points.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-02-26, 8:09 am

I think you achieved what I was hoping for, Barton must have felt that a 97th minute equaliser was like a kick in the gonads  Twisted Evil like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-02-26, 9:04 am

I was ecstatic when we scored. I'm not sure I've ever celebrated a goal so much. I detest Barton and the pathetic tactics they employed last night. We started off poorly but after the poor start spent most of the time pressing them. They time wasted after their early goal which is not the mark of a team trying to get promoted. We really should have won that but to score like we did was fantastic. I just wish I could have been nearer to Barton to see his face.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-02-26, 9:49 am

Kipper wrote:I was ecstatic when we scored. I'm not sure I've ever celebrated a goal so much. I detest Barton and the pathetic tactics they employed last night. We started off poorly but after the poor start spent most of the time pressing them. They time wasted after their early goal which is not the mark of a team trying to get promoted. We really should have won that but to score like we did was fantastic. I just wish I could have been nearer to Barton to see his face.
SPN has just shown him at the final whistle,  I laughed as he was nodding like Mourinho as though the game was fixed and holding his Fleetwood badge.

He wasn’t particularly gracious about Sunderland during his interview either, I’d take that as a compliment.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-26, 10:49 am

Well here is my bit of controversy, well done Joey Barton and how embarrassing are we.

The mighty Sunderland celebrate wildly after grabbing a 97th minute equaliser against little old Fleetwood, no wonder Barton laughed at the fans running over to laugh at him.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-02-26, 12:28 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well here is my bit of controversy, well done Joey Barton and how embarrassing are we.

The mighty Sunderland celebrate wildly after grabbing a 97th minute equaliser against little old Fleetwood, no wonder Barton laughed at the fans running over to laugh at  
I'm not embarrassed at all about the way I celebrated. This is a manager who has digs at us whenever he gets the opportunity and a team who didn't just try to slow the game down, they went to extremes.

Whether it's Fleetwood or not this is who we are competing with nowadays. The game was massive for us because they are neck and neck in the table with us and the stakes were high. We looked like we were going to lose but avoided that with the last kick of the game. As a fan, this resulted in a spontaneous burst of emotion in me, I'm sorry it didn't do the same for you. That equaliser will generate a great feeling within the team as well which could be significant going forward. I know which team will be in the better mood this morning - take that positivity to Coventry.

It's all good!
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: