SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» wine and vaux
Top two EmptyYesterday at 8:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» brighton
Top two EmptyYesterday at 8:05 pm by Exilium

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
Top two EmptyYesterday at 6:05 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
Top two EmptyYesterday at 9:46 am by Kipper

» The SunderMad barometer.
Top two Empty2020-09-19, 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
Top two Empty2020-09-19, 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
Top two Empty2020-09-19, 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Oviedo
Top two Empty2020-09-19, 1:26 pm by gil t azell

» Court Battle
Top two Empty2020-09-16, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Josh Hawkes
Top two Empty2020-09-15, 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Top two

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

will we finish

Top two Vote_lcap79%Top two Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
Top two Vote_lcap21%Top two Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Top two Vote_lcap0%Top two Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Top two Empty Top two

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-15, 7:56 pm

Who would have thought it at Christmas, well its now definitely on.

Lots of hard work ahead but we now have a defence to build on and with a wee bit of luck we will get there.

But lets have one of our very scientific polls..

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Top two Empty Re: Top two

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-02-15, 8:27 pm

I have gone for top two simply because I think we are capable of it.  It is beginning to end in tighter race than we could have thought six weeks ago, but after looking into my crystal ball I felt that February would be our crucial month given the fixtures for all top ten and we are beginning to emerge stronger.

Add what half or most of the team went through last season I am sure they don't want a repeat so  get it done cleanly.  Besides we have Rotherham last game of the season.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2020-02-15, 9:02 pm

I would never have said top 2 a month or so ago but we are building up a head of steam now - so yeah - top 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-02-16, 8:34 am

gone for playoffs purely down to a lack of a consistant goalscorer.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-16, 8:58 am

Where have the "wrong to sack Ross / Parky out" brigade gone. f*cking short memories some people.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-16, 9:09 am

wanderer wrote:Where have the "wrong to sack Ross / Parky out" brigade gone. f*cking short memories some people.
A very sad comment IMO wanderer.

I was very much a keep Ross person and who knows where we would be if he was still here, however I am first and foremost a Sunderland fan and supporter.

Ross is long gone and now I am supporting the manager and I may add owner and enjoying the trip we are on.

Sacking Ross and especially telling Donald to go split the fan base and caused division, it seems some are still determined to continue with that division.

Back to enjoying the moment for me, you have a good day now.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-02-16, 9:55 am

We are showing the grit and determination to win that was missing earlier this season - maybe its better fitness allows them to stay concentrating to the end of the game. We must be in top two - really don't think my heart can stand playoffs again Shocked
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-16, 10:29 am

Hieronymus wrote:We are showing the grit and determination to win that was missing earlier this season - maybe its better fitness allows them to stay concentrating to the end of the game. We must be in top two - really don't think my heart can stand playoffs again Shocked

The fitness coach has been Parky's signing of the season imo. The lads are still going like Duracell batteries at 90 mins now. You could physically see them flagging at 70 mins previously.

It would be nice to have a goalscorer but as long as we have a defence as good as we have 1-0 results will do.

I will go for the Top1. I would accept 2nd just as easily though.

Agree. No play offs unless SAFC provide every one of us with a de fib machine.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-02-16, 10:45 am

Top 2 
We are on our way up 
No slip ups now 
Just watch us go
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-16, 11:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:
wanderer wrote:Where have the "wrong to sack Ross / Parky out" brigade gone. f*cking short memories some people.

I was very much a keep Ross person and who knows where we would be if he was still here, however I am first and foremost a Sunderland fan and supporter.

Ross is long gone and now I am supporting the manager and I may add owner and enjoying the trip we are on.

Sacking Ross and especially telling Donald to go split the fan base and caused division, it seems some are still determined to continue with that division.

A sad comment eh, what I find sad is how you were waxing lyrical at how well Ross was doing while Parky was sorting out the mess Ross had left. Divisions within the squad and players not fit enough to last 90 mins. Does that jog the memory.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-16, 12:52 pm

wanderer wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

A sad comment eh, what I find sad is how you were waxing lyrical at how well Ross was doing while Parky was sorting out the mess Ross had left. Divisions within the squad and players not fit enough to last 90 mins. Does that jog the memory.
you have made me cry now

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-02-16, 6:15 pm

wanderer wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I note that Wanderer chooses which part of a post he wishes to respond to. 

Syd admitted that he wanted Ross to stay, he also admitted that he backs PP and gives him 100 % support, because he is a SUPPORTER, so no need for your histrionics  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-16, 7:13 pm

canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Syd admitted that he wanted Ross to stay, he also admitted that he backs PP and gives him 100 % support, because he is a SUPPORTER, so no need for your histrionics  Twisted Evil
Wow Canaryboy sticking up for Syd, what a surprise. I am just telling it as it is. Anything wrong with that.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-02-16, 7:37 pm

What has not been mentioned is the style of play we appear to have changed to.  Was McGeady holding up play too much for PP which is why he was disposed of?
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-02-16, 8:35 pm

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Wow Canaryboy sticking up for Syd, what a surprise. I am just telling it as it is. Anything wrong with that.

Wanderer, I'm sure it's a concept that you don't understand, I stick up for those that are right!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-02-16, 8:47 pm

Nostalgic wrote:What has not been mentioned is the style of play we appear to have changed to.  Was McGeady holding up play too much for PP which is why he was disposed of?
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-16, 8:52 pm

Can't expect any better from a cider drinking Norfuckian.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-02-16, 10:07 pm

Just to derail from the inept..... say no more.

I have a slight concern for Coventry only 3 defeats and the odd game in hand!

Do they not have any big teams left to play from herein, other than us?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-02-16, 10:22 pm

Well back to the topic of top two....

Well I did say when the fixtures came out and we had Rotherham last game, I predicted that as a title decider.

I still hope that is the case, but the two sides that cause me concern that could put that to wrong is Coventry and Portsmouth. Evil or Very Mad
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-02-16, 11:37 pm

trouble_n_stripes wrote:Just to derail from the inept..... say no more.

I have a slight concern for Coventry only 3 defeats and the odd game in hand!

Do they not have any big teams left to play from herein, other than us?
Us and Rotherham at home, Ipswich away then Wycombe later.  Interesting days coming up, hopefully we can make up for the '70s fiasco.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-17, 8:55 am

I would love to think we will be away and free by the last game but feel a last week nail biter, again.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-17, 2:36 pm

5 games in March, 4 of them away games. Time to think about automatic promotion after these games.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-02-17, 3:54 pm

wanderer wrote:5 games in March, 4 of them away games. Time to think about automatic promotion after these games.
I'll be reasonably happy if we continue to win all our home games 3-0 and win our away games 1-0.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-18, 9:46 am

I'm delighted to read that Jordan Willis wants us to win all of our remaining games, great to see that positive frame of mind.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-02-19, 11:49 am

Top two for me though 3rd also wins me money.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum