SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
Boo Boys EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by oxfordshire

» The SunderMad barometer.
Boo Boys EmptyYesterday at 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
Boo Boys EmptyYesterday at 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
Boo Boys EmptyYesterday at 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Oviedo
Boo Boys EmptyYesterday at 1:26 pm by gil t azell

» Court Battle
Boo Boys Empty2020-09-16, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Josh Hawkes
Boo Boys Empty2020-09-15, 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Streaming news
Boo Boys Empty2020-09-14, 11:36 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Boo Boys Empty2020-09-13, 12:41 pm by Old Man!

» optimism
Boo Boys Empty2020-09-12, 7:10 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Boo Boys

Go down

Boo Boys Empty Boo Boys

Post  Guest on 2020-01-24, 10:22 pm

On Facebook tonight didn't take long for the Boo Boys to come out. "where shite, Parky doesn't have a clue or plan B, etc"!
What I'd it with some of our so called fans

Back to top Go down

Boo Boys Empty Re: Boo Boys

Post  Safcy on 2020-01-24, 10:26 pm

Froggy1973 wrote:On Facebook tonight didn't take long for the Boo Boys to come out. "where shite, Parky doesn't have a clue or plan B, etc"!
It’s the instant craving these days.  

They are clueless but adamant they know everything in the football world

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-01-24, 11:28 pm

They seem to forget we are not premier league anymore, but they think the players we have out on the pitch should be of premier league standard in league 1. Just doesn't fit. Wink
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-01-24, 11:40 pm

None of that nonsense at the ground tonight. A far better place to be than on arsebook
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-25, 9:12 am

Froggy1973 wrote:On Facebook tonight didn't take long for the Boo Boys to come out. "where shite, Parky doesn't have a clue or plan B, etc"!
Proper fans go to games, not media shite
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-25, 9:30 am

Facebook and especially Twitter are the homes of the we are shite crowd but most are nothing to do with Sunderland football, just people who enjoy moaning and never miss the opportunity.

I am on both platforms and have found them more enjoyable, especially Twitter, since being a regular user of the block button. On Facebook I use the mute button and now enjoy both a lot more.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-01-25, 10:30 am

My, that's a sweeping statement Mr wanderer.

Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-01-25, 10:36 am

cyprussyd wrote:Facebook and especially Twitter are the homes of the we are shite crowd but most are nothing to do with Sunderland football, just people who enjoy moaning and never miss the opportunity.

I am on both platforms and have found them more enjoyable, especially Twitter, since being a regular user of the block button. On Facebook I use the mute button and now enjoy both a lot more.

I actually left a few SAFC related sites on FB mainly due to some miserable b*stards who were not happy unless they were moaning. Anyway I spoke my mind with a few (I know you will find that hard to belive being the gently soul I am ) who threw their toys out of their prams threatening all sorts of crap unless I retracted certain statements. Alas this was not to be so offered to meet them in a nuetral location to discuss issues but just got a mouthful on the site. Keyboard warriors.

I still do log in, leave a nasty comment aimed at a couple of them and log off.

Like you say this site, another one, FB & twitter do me and I am quite happy seeing in the main reasonable comments, opinions and support for the club we love.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-01-25, 11:58 am

wanderer wrote:
Not all can go to games for many reasons - especially our ex-pat followers and those of us who live pretty far away and have caring commitments. In fact it is much harder to follow a team that you love when you CANNOT get to games easily, IMO.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-25, 12:36 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Not all can go to games for many reasons - especially our ex-pat followers and those of us who live pretty far away and have caring commitments. In fact it is much harder to follow a team that you love when you CANNOT get to games easily, IMO.
Couple of games back a lad from Bristol sat next to me, THAT is a fan.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-01-25, 2:54 pm

wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
I use to travel up from Worcestershire in my car watch the game and travel back once the game had finished. This is at the SOL as I never had the chance to go to Roker, unfortunately.

I went to Sunderland v QPR mid 90s? It was Good Friday we were playing this fixture in the evening.
Left home back then nice sunny spring day arrived in Sunderland and it was like winter, seem to recall the rain throwing it down it was almost sleet. It took me 7 hours +- to get to the game. 2-2 draw.

Could be mistaken but I think Ruddock and Vinny Jones were playing for QPR that night.

Got back home 3am. 

Miss all that now.

I have to suffer Orlando Pirates and the like.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2020-01-25, 4:14 pm

trouble_n_stripes wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
I use to travel up from Worcestershire in my car watch the game and travel back once the game had finished. This is at the SOL as I never had the chance to go to Roker, unfortunately.

I went to Sunderland v QPR mid 90s? It was Good Friday we were playing this fixture in the evening.
Left home back then nice sunny spring day arrived in Sunderland and it was like winter, seem to recall the rain throwing it down it was almost sleet. It took me 7 hours +- to get to the game. 2-2 draw.

Could be mistaken but I think Ruddock and Vinny Jones were playing for QPR that night.

Got back home 3am. 

Miss all that now.

In mid nineties I was relocated to Solihull with work (so not so far from you!). Kept season ticket had had since 1982 and, for Saturday home games (there were more of them back then), used to drive up on Friday night to stay at in-laws. They watched kids so we could go to match Saturday afternoon then drove back down to Solihull after Sunday lunch - did this for two seasons. Then me and ex-hubby split up and I was a consultant who got relocated to PLYMOUTH with work - ex came back to North east with kids. Driving back from Plymouth to north east every other weekend to see the kids left me no time to go to a match! Then had two years  working in London and again drove back every weekend to see kids so not able to go to matches. Got season ticket again after I came back north permanently in 1999, when I lived in Jesmond and later Tynemouth. Since moving to Rothbury in 2012 and Seahouses in 2015, and with all the other stuff going on in my family, it's been difficult and impractical to get to the SoL easily. But still consider myself a 'proper' fan.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-25, 4:33 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Got back home 3am. 

Miss all that now.

In mid nineties I was relocated to Solihull with work (so not so far from you!). Kept season ticket had had since 1982 and, for Saturday home games (there were more of them back then), used to drive up on Friday night to stay at in-laws. They watched kids so we could go to match Saturday afternoon then drove back down to Solihull after Sunday lunch - did this for two seasons. Then me and ex-hubby split up and I was a consultant who got relocated to PLYMOUTH with work - ex came back to North east with kids. Driving back from Plymouth to north east every other weekend to see the kids left me no time to go to a match! Then had two years  working in London and again drove back every weekend to see kids so not able to go to matches. Got season ticket again after I came back north permanently in 1999, when I lived in Jesmond and later Tynemouth. Since moving to Rothbury in 2012 and Seahouses in 2015, and with all the other stuff going on in my family, it's been difficult and impractical to get to the SoL easily. But still consider myself a 'proper' fan.
Life has a way of cocking up plans and priorities "H"

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-01-25, 6:38 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Got back home 3am. 

Miss all that now.

And so you should.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-25, 6:49 pm

Kipper wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Got back home 3am. 

Miss all that now.

And so you should.
How can she be a proper fan, she is a girl

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-25, 8:30 pm

wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Whatever....Your're no better than those you condemn for not attending  No

Well said those above, especially H for taking time to share a personal history.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-25, 9:48 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Got back home 3am. 

Miss all that now.

Unquestionably 
A fan 
We all have our lives to live 
However 
When you get On a bit 
It becomes more difficult to attend every game 
I’m pretty lucky at the moment and can attend almost every game 
Nevertheless in previous years I was not able to 
Through other commitments
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-26, 7:58 am

Well thank you for the history lesson everyone,
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-01-26, 8:40 am

You're the one that made a silly sweeping generalisation of fans.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-26, 10:22 am

wanderer wrote:
Some proper fans can’t go to matches
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-26, 10:50 am

Vincemac wrote:
wanderer wrote:
I am starting to find it a bit of an ordeal going to games, legs struggle now getting on and off the bus. I feel the cold and because we get to the ground early to allow time for drinks,I dont drink, it involves sitting about for 20 minutes before the gates open then I am in my seat at 1.30 for 3 o'clock kick offs. Then to cap it all I leave 5 minutes early to get down the steps before the crowd.

On Friday I opted for the easy option, stayed home and watched the game on Sky, am I a good fan or a bad fan, TBH I dont give a dam what anyone thinks because in the main I am a happy fan and happy trumps good or bad for me.
Oh and I got to watch Fridays game with Annette, always a massive bonus.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-01-26, 1:04 pm

I can’t attend but I feel I see the game anyway, due to length of time following safc, playing and watching football at all levels.

I can give a view which will pass muster with anyone inside the ground imo. 

That’s me though, others disagree, so be it but I’ll back myself anytime over some of the posters on facebook with their knee jerk opinions on safc and football in general

Ooh look at me Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-26, 1:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
wanderer wrote:
I am starting to find it a bit of an ordeal going to games, legs struggle now getting on and off the bus. I feel the cold and because we get to the ground early to allow time for drinks,I dont drink, it involves sitting about for 20 minutes before the gates open then I am in my seat at 1.30 for 3 o'clock kick offs. Then to cap it all I leave 5 minutes early to get down the steps before the crowd.

On Friday I opted for the easy option, stayed home and watched the game on Sky, am I a good fan or a bad fan, TBH I dont give a dam what anyone thinks because in the main I am a happy fan and happy trumps good or bad for me.
Exactly mate 
You attend when you can 
However I missed you aswell as our Michael never tuned up as my mate behind me never turned up
Nevertheless that dosnt mean there a bad supporters
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-26, 3:23 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Exactly mate 
You attend when you can 
However I missed you aswell as our Michael never tuned up as my mate behind me never turned up
f*cking fare weather fans, I bet you had to drown your sorrows. again or did you have to drive?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-01-26, 4:00 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Exactly mate 
You attend when you can 

Syd, in all the years I have known you, you have gone from several great escapes to finally dropping down two divisions in two seasons. In all that time you have never posted a negative post 

You have remained Mr. Positive through all of those calamitous years. 

If you can't be called a proper fan then no-one on earth can. 

You watch from the comfort of your own home with Annette beside you, you have earned it  love sunderland

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum