SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Midweek 10 - Plus Week 11
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... EmptyToday at 12:02 am by oxfordshire

» Should retailers be doing more to stop scalpers using bots to purchase high selling items?
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... EmptyYesterday at 6:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fans at games
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... EmptyYesterday at 6:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 10
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... EmptyYesterday at 5:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table - Week 10
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... EmptyYesterday at 12:41 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» The bairns
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... EmptyYesterday at 11:26 am by cyprussyd

» Doncaster away
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... Empty2020-11-22, 12:21 pm by Exilium

» LEAGUE TABLE
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... Empty2020-11-22, 11:54 am by Exilium

» Manager sacked
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... Empty2020-11-22, 9:51 am by Steve30000

» Today.s the day
Club Statement Released This Morning ........... Empty2020-11-22, 9:50 am by Steve30000

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Club Statement Released This Morning ...........

Go down

Club Statement Released This Morning ........... Empty Club Statement Released This Morning ...........

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-07, 1:12 pm

Club Statement Released This Morning ...........
After the Boxing Day draw against Bolton Wanderers FC, various groups of Sunderland fans – including the main representative fan body - issued a joint statement calling for the club to be sold immediately. Stating that “No-one knows the long-term plan for the club, and trust between the fans and the boardroom has eroded”, it went on to demand: “If there is a realistic offer on the table, he (Stewart Donald, chairman) must admit the enormity of the task and cut his losses.”
This statement was then backed up on BBC Radio by a representative of the groups, who declared that he expected the Board to agree to their demands, which had “not been made lightly”. Co-ordinated, ‘no turning back’ campaigns of this kind against owners are highly unusual at any club - particularly after 18 months.
Given these circumstances, and Stewart Donald’s sincere commitment on his arrival at Sunderland AFC that “I won’t outstay my welcome”, the Board feels that it has no option but to sell the club. That process has now commenced. Owing to confidentiality agreements, there will be no further updates until a preferred bidder is identified.
Mr Donald had met with the ‘Supporter Collective’ group of representative fans bodies (including some signatories to the December 27th demand) earlier that month, as part of the regular engagement programme undertaken by Sunderland AFC’s Board (minutes of which are available publicly). Mr Donald apologised for a poor run of results but shared his staff's confidence that first team form would improve due to two key factors - higher fitness levels as the new management team’s conditioning program bedded in; and the January transfer window, in which he was expecting to invest significantly. The meeting was friendly and constructive and no impression of significant levels of disquiet as to how the club is being run was received. A date for the next meeting was being set for mid-January.
Therefore, it was a matter of surprise to read a few days later - and without any warning - a statement demanding Mr Donald leave the club. Furthermore, the timing of the demand was not obviously conducive to the immediate improvement of the first team squad and as a result, the club’s chances of promotion.
Whilst progress on the pitch has been slower than all associated with Sunderland AFC would have liked, the club has become one of the very few in the EFL to be debt free and break even on an operational basis. With that stable base, the significant investment by FPP, and with the team now back in contention for promotion, the Board believes that Sunderland continues to head in the right direction.
Given the scale of the task on arriving at the club and the amount of hard work put in over the last 18 months, the current owners would have preferred more time to complete the job and fully implement the vision originally laid out. However, recent events indicate that is not what some fans wish for – and, as football supporters themselves, the Board understands that long-term success cannot be achieved by a disunited club.

Stewart Donald commented: “We would like to place on record our thanks for the wonderful support we have received from SAFC’s phenomenal supporters. We would also like to reassure those loyal fans that we are placing sufficient funds in the club to support the manager as he seeks to improve the first team in the next few weeks. Finally, I just ask that fans now unite to support the players and the coaching staff.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Club Statement Released This Morning ........... Empty Re: Club Statement Released This Morning ...........

Post  Guest on 2020-01-07, 1:39 pm

Only putting in writing what we already knew, but this hasn't stopped the Donald haters from having another go on social media.

Back to top Go down

Club Statement Released This Morning ........... Empty Re: Club Statement Released This Morning ...........

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-01-08, 6:48 am

Donald haters?

Wish some people would pack in blaming the fans. 🙄
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-01-08, 7:51 am

Steve30000 wrote:Donald haters?

So Steve, who do you think is to blame?

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-08, 9:04 am

Steve30000 wrote:Donald haters?

Nothing to concern you there then.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-01-08, 12:24 pm

Oh, Wanderer hasn't a clue.. 🤣🤣

I'll let you carry on talking rubbish 🎣 🙄

And Donald is to blame, not the fans. Some people need to get a grip, blaming the fans.. Ridiculous.

We don't run the club, he does, so he's got to take the responsibility on his shoulders.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-01-08, 12:37 pm

A piece from Nick Barnes. Seems measured and sensible to me:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-08, 1:55 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Oh, Wanderer hasn't a clue.. 🤣🤣

I'll let you carry on talking rubbish 🎣 🙄

And Donald is to blame, not the fans. Some people need to get a grip, blaming the fans.. Ridiculous.

We don't run the club, he does, so he's got to take the responsibility on his shoulders.
Steve, please do enlighten us.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-01-08, 3:16 pm

I have decided that I will no longer respond to any of Steve's posts, his total lack of ability to answer simple questions would indicate that he has some form of learning difficulties and I will not kick a man when he's down!   like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-01-09, 6:23 pm

Dave, I've already told you the answer to the question you asked. Donald is to blame, twice I've told you that now.

Maybe you need to read people's posts properly so you can understand it, without resorting to insults and making yourself look stupid.

I await your next witty retort
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2020-01-09, 11:32 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Dave, I've already told you the answer to the question you asked. Donald is to blame, twice I've told you that now.

Maybe you need to read people's posts properly so you can understand it, without resorting to insults and making yourself look stupid.

And who was to blame with all our previous owners, managers and players who have been hounded out and abused? Even Quinn despaired regarding how quiet and negative our support was when he was involved in running the club and highlighted how important our fantastic vocal support hsd been when he was  a player..
Since then it has went from bad to utter toxic, and is in my opinion undoubtedly the main reason why we find ourselves where we are.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-01-10, 3:47 am

Steve30000 wrote:Dave, I've already told you the answer to the question you asked. Donald is to blame, twice I've told you that now.

You totally ignored my question, you said ONCE in a reply to Wanderer that Donald was to blame without giving any reason, so if that's you telling me twice, I suggest you have a numeracy problem!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-10, 5:50 am

What has Donald done. Please spell it out line by line so that we can comment.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-12, 2:48 am

Saturdays result and performance showed me that if ever there was a time for unity its now.

Lets move on, compromise by agreeing that season end is the time for calm reflection and decision time.

Lets kill the toxic atmosphere of the last few weeks and move on, united.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-01-12, 5:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:Saturdays result and performance showed me that if ever there was a time for unity its now.

Lets move on, compromise by agreeing that season end is the time for calm reflection and decision time.

We seem to be steadying and getting back on song for the run in.  We can only  hope that those who look for faults and weaknesses can keep their toxic attacks under control.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-01-12, 5:43 am

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Saturdays result and performance showed me that if ever there was a time for unity its now.

We seem to be steadying and getting back on song for the run in.  We can only  hope that those who look for faults and weaknesses can keep their toxic attacks under control.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-12, 9:04 am

canary-dave wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:

Well I can tell you without breaking any state secrets that the voice of those of us who want calm is being heard. On Monday there is a meeting of the branch liaison committee BLC that represents all the branches like Coxhoe. Its the voice of many fans who travel home and away and the opinions of those fans have been canvassed, I was asked and did submit my views. The aim of the BLC is to try and represent the views of their fans and the chairman who just happens to be the Coxhoe branch secretary has the ear of owner and board.

Will it change Donald's plans, maybe not but it will at least give him food for thought.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2020-01-12, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-01-12, 12:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:

Well I can tell you without breaking any state secrets that the voice of those of us who want calm is being heard. On Monday there is a meeting of the branch liaison committee BLC that represents all the branches like Coxhoe. Its the voice of many fans who travel home and away and the opinions of those fans have been canvassed, I was asked and did submit my views. The aim of the BLC is to try and represent the views of their fans and the chairman who just happens to be the Coxhoe branch secretary has the hear of owner and board.

Will it change Donald's plans, maybe not but it will at least give him food for thought.
Nice 1. like
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-01-12, 8:34 pm

Just thinking back to our other recent crises over managers two names that cropped up was Eddie Howe and  nigel Pearson.  Pearson was generally seen as a nut case and failure.  Given the way Watford are going now I wonder how the feel now?  Or are they just bad judges?

Last edited by Nostalgic on 2020-01-12, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2020-01-13, 8:33 am

Nostalgic wrote:Just thinking back to our other recent crises over managers two names that cropped up was Eddie Howe and  nigel Pearson.  Pearson was generally seen as a nut case and failure.  Given the way Watford are going now I wonder how the feel now?  Or are they just bad judges?
Pearson...still think he's a nutcase....However hands up  he's doing a great job at Watford...wasn't a lot wrong with the team mind it just needed organising....but I still think he wouldn't have took our job just look he's in the Premier would he even have come here if he was offered a big wage? Doubt it
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-01-13, 8:58 am

oldblackcat wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Just thinking back to our other recent crises over managers two names that cropped up was Eddie Howe and  nigel Pearson.  Pearson was generally seen as a nut case and failure.  Given the way Watford are going now I wonder how the feel now?  Or are they just bad judges?
Pearson...still think he's a nutcase....However hands up  he's doing a great job at Watford...wasn't a lot wrong with the team mind it just needed organising....but I still think he wouldn't have took our job just look he's in the Premier would he even have come here if he was offered a big wage? Doubt it

His managerial qualities were never in doubt, he took over Leicester when they were rock bottom of the Prem and saved them easily and to be fair it was basically his team that Ranieri won the title with the following year!

It's his weird way of dealing with the press and controversial treatment of the owners, plus the leaked video of his son and other young players being rude about Thai prostitutes they had hired,plus I believe it was three of his players on a continental training camp who stole a taxi driver's cab and drove off in it.

These things never reflect well on the manager!  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum