SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Seems you are not alone Gill
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by gil t azell

» Sunderland v Peterborough United
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 2
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! EmptyYesterday at 7:50 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 3
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! EmptyYesterday at 12:15 pm by oldblackcat

» League Table - Week 2
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! EmptyYesterday at 12:06 pm by oldblackcat

» brighton
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty2020-09-25, 7:13 pm by Hieronymus

» KIMPIOKA
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty2020-09-25, 6:54 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 1
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty2020-09-25, 2:04 pm by gil t azell

» No live football for us this year
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty2020-09-25, 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty2020-09-22, 7:47 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted!

Go down

It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted!

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-30, 9:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The victory at Doncaster gives Sunderland fans something to cheer about after a long stretch without having anything to be happy about, but we must still remain objective about the club’s future and where we’re headed.

Energy + Application = Three points

Football is pretty simple, isn’t it? Particularly in League One, where the teams at the top tend to be the ones who work hardest and are ‘greater than the sum of their parts’, to borrow an oft-used turn of phrase.

For probably the first time since Sunderland battered Tranmere in Phil Parkinson’s second game in charge we saw our team work harder than their opponents, and the end result was a well-deserved victory and three points.

We out-ran, out-fought and out-played our opponents, who were admittedly very poor. Still, you have to do your own job to the best of your ability in the hope that you get what you deserve, and I feel that we did just that.

Lynden Gooch in particular stood out, and his quality at the top end of the pitch made the difference as he had a hand in one goal and scored the other. His enthusiasm and drive seemed to spur other players on, with Hume and Wyke enjoying good displays as a result of their link-up play with the American forward.

It’s obvious but it’s true - if our players can go out and give the extra 10-15% like they did today, they’ll outwork most teams and their quality will shine through. This has to be a stepping stone towards more better performances - take confidence from it, remember how good it felt to celebrate with those 4000 fans in attendance, and kick on.

Parkinson still needs to go, but won’t
I’m still unmoved on my opinions of our manager, even despite the improved performance. We’ve still only won three games in 15 since he arrived, so it’s a good result, but we’re still some way from being convinced by Parkinson or giving him some credit.

One thing that I think is fair to say is that the players gave it their all, and that at least tells us that they haven’t stopped playing for him. It would have been easy for all the players to down tools after the events of this past week but that performance definitely felt like a response, and you have to surmise that Parkinson played some part in that.

I’ve accepted that we’re stuck with him, through January at least, because if he was going to be sacked it should have been a month ago.

He’ll be allowed to bring in some players and move others on during the transfer window, so I can only presume that he’ll hold off being judged fully by the people in charge until after the point where he can be absolved of any blame for the squad he’s responsible for.

Problems remain - don’t get distracted

It was interesting reading what the “told you so” crew had to say on social media after the game, as though one win makes a difference in the grand scheme of things regarding the movement which started on Friday regarding the position of our owner.

Not everyone wants to see change, and that is absolutely fine.

But if you don’t agree with those that do, don’t go gloating when there’s really no need to gloat. My own reasons will differ from those held by someone else, and it’s important to respect that. I personally won’t change my view on the owner unless he shows he’s willing to run the club to the standard befitting of one this size, and a game of football he had no involvement in does not change that in the slightest.

Sure, it’ll maybe ease the calls for him to sack Parkinson until the Fleetwood game, but it ultimately means very little until operational and leadership changes are made to ensure that the club is being left in the best possible hands, ran in the best possible way.

But that is just my opinion.

Ultimately, we all want the same thing - for Sunderland to be in a healthy, happy place.

Enjoy the win — we’ve deserved a bit of happiness. But do not get distracted, and allow yourself to think about the bigger picture at all times.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty Re: It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted!

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-30, 10:03 am

By posting this you're still not fooling us.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted! Empty Re: It was a great win for Sunderland, so enjoy it - but don’t get too distracted!

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-30, 10:13 am

wanderer wrote:By posting this you're still not fooling us.
I'm beginning to think you're more obsessed with Steve  than you are Sunderland.

On the article though, one win isn't going to change people's views. I was foolish enough to think that we'd turned a corner after the Tranmere game but we went downhill from there. I really hope we turn this into something but it will need a lot more for me to gain any sort of faith in Parkinson.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-30, 10:16 am

Well I can only speak for me and I can promise I did indeed gloat and after all the bad games and negativity I have had to endure and the IMO unwanted, unnecessary and destructive donaldout campaign I honestly enjoyed every minute of my gloat.

The comments above show me how little the donaldout campaign backers understand when they proclaim I dont want change, I do and I would guess all Sunderland fans do, its not the wanting change its what change and importantly how we achieve that change.

On Sunday we saw the perfect storm, a team giving their all and 4000 fans giving total support. The change I want is a change of fortune with everyone pulling together to achieve that change.

My feelings on Donald and Parkinson are in the main irrelevant because I can do little about either. Yes I can do my best to hound them out but that IMO will make things worse not better so is counter productive so not only will I not do it but I will actively challenge those who do.

We learnt a lot on Sunday that IMO destroys the vile comments I have read on Twitter. The manager and players are not shite, the team are still playing for the manager. Neither the manager or players have covered themselves in glory this season but they are what we have and need encouraging and supporting, not always easy.

But above all I enjoyed yesterday and that winning feeling so forgive me if I soak it up and enjoy it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-30, 11:29 am

Kipper wrote:
I'm beginning to think you're more obsessed with Steve  than you are Sunderland.

On the article though, one win isn't going to change people's views. I was foolish enough to think that we'd turned a corner after the Tranmere game but we went downhill from there. I really hope we turn this into something but it will need a lot more for me to gain any sort of faith in Parkinson.
You don't have to have faith in Parky just support him as any Sunderland fan should do as long as he is here. as for Steve I see he has a new BFF.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-30, 12:34 pm

wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:

You don't have to have faith in Parky just support him as any Sunderland fan should do as long as he is here. as for Steve I see he has a new BFF.
Not sure what supporting the manager means. I go to games and I am vocal in my support for the team as this is the best way to help them win. I don't boo and I'm I've not joined in the change against him. But do I support him - no, I support the team and still believe he's not the right man for us.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-30, 12:36 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Not sure what supporting the manager means. I go to games and I am vocal in my support for the team as this is the best way to help them win. I don't boo and I'm I've not joined in the change against him. But do I support him - no, I support the team and still believe he's not the right man for us.
I meant chants not change.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-30, 1:05 pm

What is it that I'm supposed to be fooling Wanderer about?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum