SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Peterborough United
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants EmptyToday at 3:22 pm by Kipper

» Seems you are not alone Gill
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants EmptyToday at 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» No live football for us this year
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by cyprussyd

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by gil t azell

» wine and vaux
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty2020-09-21, 8:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» brighton
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty2020-09-21, 8:05 pm by Exilium

» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty2020-09-21, 9:46 am by Kipper

» The SunderMad barometer.
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty2020-09-19, 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty2020-09-19, 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty2020-09-19, 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants

Go down

Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-26, 9:04 pm

Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants for him to be sacked and reveals details of conversation with Stewart Donald

Phil Parkinson is coming under increasing fire from angry Sunderland fans after the club could only draw 0-0 with basement side Bolton Wanderers and drop to 15th in League One.

By Richard Mennear
Thursday, 26th December 2019, 6:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" alt="" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland manager Phil Parkinson.
Fuming fans vented their fury during the second half as it became clear Sunderland, without a win in nine in all competitions, would be dropping more points at home.
There were chants of ‘You’re getting sacked in the morning’, ‘We Want Parky out’ while there were also chants in support of Kevin Phillips, previously linked with the role.
Parkinson retains the support of owner Stewart Donald, for now at least, and the pair spoke about January transfer targets post match.

Under-fire Parkinson said he can understand the fan frustration and again backed himself to turn the tide on Wearside. Parkinson has, however, now only won two out of 14 games since replacing Jack Ross.

Parkinson said: “It is difficult, the club has had a lot of managers over a short period of time, whatever way you look at it, I have had promotions out of this division.
“At the moment we are struggling to find that winning formula but have I become a poor manager overnight?
“My record would suggest to everybody it is as strong as anybodies. You have difficult periods, you have to be resilient and come through them.
“You can keep chopping and changing managers but quite often that doesn’t prove successful as everyone knows.”

When pressed on whether he had had any assurances from Stewart Donald, who was in attendance at the Stadium of Light, Parkinson said: “I spoke to the chairman this morning and after the game. He has left now. We had a good chat.
“He’s asking about January and talking about several targets we have been discussing with him over the last few weeks.”
Asked about the calls for him to be sacked, Parkinson added: “I understand the frustration of the supporters, they paid their money to come and watch the team.
“They have a passion to see their team win games of football.

“We haven’t done that enough. I totally understand their frustration.”
Asked if there was a message of hope for fans?
Parkinson said: “We want to get into January, add a bit of quality to help the ones we have got already. If we do that I am confident we will turn these draws into wins.”
A section of fans had called for Kevin Phillips to replace Parkinson, the Sunderland manager, when asked about that specifically, he added: “It is not ideal, you wouldn’t choose to stand there and listen to that but I understand the frustration of the supporters.

“I have to concentrate on Doncaster and what I have to do.”
This is not the first time Sunderland fans have turned on Parkinson, asked whether he can turn the tide with the home fans, he added: “The only way you turn the tide is by getting wins and that is what we have got to do over this Christmas period.
“A lot of the play was decent, we need to improve on that and be more clinical in and around the opposition penalty box.
“Their keeper made some good saved and we weren’t as clinical as we need to be.

“Periods of dominance in games has to result in goals, it settles everyone down, you saw today, we had enough good play and approach play and got in enough good areas, we need key players to step up to the plate and produce moments to give everyone a lift and settle the crowd down as well.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty Re: Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-26, 9:13 pm

Tempers are getting frayed and patience stretched, but I think we have played a lot worse.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants Empty Re: Phil Parkinson reacts to Sunderland fan chants

Post  Guest on 2019-12-26, 9:35 pm

From Parkys interview “Have I become a bad manager overnight?”

No Parky you’ve always been one.

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-26, 9:46 pm

Willywonka wrote:From Parkys interview “Have I become a bad manager overnight?”

No Parky you’ve always been one.
Steves alter ego makes an appearance, thrilling.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-26, 11:36 pm

Wanderer, you need to accept that fans have different opinions.

You think the sun shines out of his ****

I think he's a terrible manager. Backed up by his exploits at other clubs as well as his record of 2 wins in 14.

Thats not a promotion winning record, it's a relegation battling one.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-12-28, 6:21 am

I'm sorry but Phil Parkinson is to Football Management what Boris Johnson is to hairstylists.
I don't know who chose him to Manage Sunderland but "Blind Freddy" would have been a more sensible selection imo. I have said since day one that Phil was not the Manager that Sunderland required. A far better choice would have been Nigel Adkins (imo) who can motivate players and put the correct ingredients into an existing team and bond them into a successful unit.
Panther
Panther
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-28, 8:55 am

Steve30000 wrote:Wanderer, you need to accept that fans have different opinions.

You think the sun shines out of his ****

I think he's a terrible manager. Backed up by his exploits at other clubs as well as his record of 2 wins in 14.

Thats not a promotion winning record, it's a relegation battling one.
Steve,you have got it wrong about Parky, he was never my choice. I would have gone for Stendal or Pearson, Parky never came into my thoughts.
But now he is here, just as Stendal or Pearson i want him to be given a chance.8 or 9 league games isn't long enough a time. 7 points from playoffs isn't too much to reach, and I still think we will get there.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-28, 9:23 am

2 wins in 14.

Any competent manager would have a better record than that. And you want him to crack on adding to that crap record, in the hope that he gets it right?

Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-28, 10:28 am

I’m afraid experience tells us that he doesn’t get it right though Wanderer. He hasn’t anywhere he’s been so why have confidence he’ll do it here? Letting him add more of the journeymen he usually goes for won’t change his awful systems. He shuns youth and skill, always has, always will so why persevere? Donald should just cut his losses, accept he made a mistake and bring in someone who can excite and get fans back on board, which PP will never do with his awful brand of football.

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-28, 12:55 pm

Steve30000 wrote:2 wins in 14.

Any competent manager would have a better record than that. And you want him to crack on adding to that crap record, in the hope that he gets it right?

Ok, we get shot. KP comes in and does just as bad. What do you suggest we do then.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-12-28, 1:03 pm

wanderer wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:2 wins in 14.

Any competent manager would have a better record than that. And you want him to crack on adding to that crap record, in the hope that he getsPosts
[size=16]Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?

If we had appointed SKP ANDIT WENT WRONG 
I think everyone would of said well we tried 
Let’s move on 

[/size]
Don't
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-28, 6:39 pm

I have never once said we should appoint Phillips.. I've mentioned the managers we should have gone for instead of hiring hoofahsauras rex.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-29, 11:34 am

Steve30000 wrote:I have never once said we should appoint Phillips.. I've mentioned the managers we should have gone for instead of hiring hoofahsauras rex.
Well that made me smile Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum