SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Update
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyToday at 2:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Week 12
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyToday at 2:26 pm by Lever Malone

» Anyone fancy a Zoom meet up?
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyToday at 10:43 am by barrowmackem

» Results Mid Week 11
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyToday at 10:21 am by Hieronymus

» David Moyes
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyYesterday at 7:18 pm by oldblackcat

» Kristjaan Speakman
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyYesterday at 6:48 pm by Kipper

» League Table - Mid Week 11
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyYesterday at 4:16 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Results Mid Week 10 & Week 11
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyYesterday at 4:06 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» EFL agree rescue package amounting to £250m
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyYesterday at 2:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Wigan
Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside EmptyYesterday at 1:10 pm by barrowmackem

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside

Go down

Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside Empty Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-26, 10:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nobody quite knows what to expect from today but, with the likes of Daryl Murphy and Liam Bridcutt in tow, Bolton will be hoping to take all three points and spoil Christmas for Sunderland’s supporters.

Top goalscorers (in all competitions)

6 - Daryl Murphy
2 - Joseph Dodoo
2 - Luke Murphy
2 - Thibaud Verlinden
1 - Ronan Darcy

I think we all know who is going to torture our team today.. Its written in the stars.

Here's the rest of the article for people who can't be bothered to click on the link that's provided:

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and what better way to continue the Christmas festivities than watching Phil Parkinson and his band of merry losers struggle to break down a team that almost went bust in the summer. Yes, Bolton Wanderers are in town on this exciting Boxing Day fixture in front of a bumper/completely normal attendance. Sunderland haven’t won since early November, lie 14th in the league and Parkinson is still inexplicably in charge, have fun everyone!

Sunderland v Blackpool - Sky Bet League One
Photo by Alex Dodd - CameraSport via Getty Images
Parky Says…
I had some good memories at Bolton. My time there was tainted by the financial problems in my last year, but I am looking forward to coming up against them again. It will be a tough game, but we are ready for it.

I know what I need to get to be successful at this club. I am working hard to get this team into a position where we can challenge. We must get more out of the players but of course, we would like to improve the squad.

Sunderland v Blackpool - Sky Bet League One
Photo by Alex Dodd - CameraSport via Getty Images
Team News
Jordan Willis returns to the side after missing the Blackpool stalemate with a knee injury in what could see minimal changes to the heroic draw against the Seasiders. George Dobson’s dismissal last time out means the midfielder is suspended for this Boxing Day clash. Parkinson did however note that he has a couple of injury concerns which could mean extra surprise to the line-up.

View From The Opposition
For Bolton Wanderers’ supporters, Boxing Day represents a meeting with the ghost of football past. The Trotters’ faithful are well versed in the pulsating football served up by Phil Parkinson and will arrive at the Stadium of Light aiming to push their former master towards the exit door on Wearside.

Parkinson, of course, oversaw Bolton’s start to the season where their children were routinely bodied 5-0 by the great and good of League One. Since Parkinson’s departure, the void has been filled by the dream team of Keith Hill and David Flitcroft and results have improved. The Trotters have been steadily chipping away at their 12 point deduction and currently sit on 5 points with 4 wins from their 18 games.

They’re spearheaded by former Sunderland and Newcastle United forward Daryl Murphy, who has been inspirational in Bolton’s semi-revival. After a hard fought victory over Sol Campbell’s car crash of Southend United a Murphy-inspired Wanderers is just the Christmas present Sunderland need.

Bolton Wanderers v Southend United - Sky Bet League One
Photo by Andrew Kearns - CameraSport via Getty Images
Match Stats
Venue: Stadium of Light, Sunderland
Kick-off: 3pm
Referee: Ross Joyce
Current position: 23rd
Last season position: 23rd (Championship)

Last 5 results:

SAFC

(L1) Blackpool (H) 1-1
(L1) Gillingham (A) 0-1
(L1) Burton Albion (H) 1-2
(L1) Coventry City (H) 1-1
(FAC) Gillingham (A) 0-1

BWFC

(L1) Southend United (H) 3-2
(L1) Peterborough United (A) 0-1
(LT) Accrington Stanley (A) 0-2
(L1) AFC Wimbledon (H) 2-2
(L1) Accrington Stanley (A) 1-7

The Trotters on Wearside

31 Oct 2017 (CH) Sunderland 3-3 Bolton Wanderers (Grabban 2, McNair)
15 Jan 2013 (FAC) Sunderland 0-2 Bolton Wanderers
28 Apr 2012 (PL) Sunderland 2-2 Bolton Wanderers (Bendtner, McClean)
18 Dec 2010 (PL) Sunderland 1-0 Bolton Wanderers (Welbeck)
09 Mar 2010 (PL) Sunderland 4-0 Bolton Wanderers (Campbell, Bent 3)

Top goalscorers (in all competitions)

6 - Daryl Murphy
2 - Joseph Dodoo
2 - Luke Murphy
2 - Thibaud Verlinden
1 - Ronan Darcy

Bolton Wanderers v AFC Wimbledon - Sky Bet League One
Photo by Andrew Kearns - CameraSport via Getty Images
Last Time We Met
Remember that time the club announced Simon Grayson’s sacking with pumpkin emoji? Those were halcyon days weren’t they? On a freezing cold Halloween evening, two woefully football sides played the most underwhelming 3-3 draw professional football has ever witnessed.

Scrapping at the foot of the Championship, Sunderland and Bolton were already enduring rancid seasons. For the Lads it got even worse when Sammy Ameobi lashed home an opener but two goals from Lewis “all he does is score” Grabban had Sunderland ahead shortly after half time. What followed was two hilarious bits of defending that allowed Bolton to go back ahead.

Paddy McNair did rescue a point for the home side but it didn’t save Grayson from the sack who was dismissed in the tunnel mere minutes after the final whistle. One only prays that a similar fate will await Phil Parkinson should Sunderland continue their winless run.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside Empty Re: Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-26, 11:08 am

On my way

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside Empty Re: Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-26, 11:08 am

On my way

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-12-26, 12:04 pm

Have you got two tickets, young Sydney Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-26, 12:41 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Have you got two tickets, young Sydney Wink
One of them is for the minor chance Steve is there.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-12-26, 1:50 pm

I think Syd must have a doppelgänger. Very Happy
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-12-26, 1:53 pm

wanderer wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Have you got two tickets, young Sydney Wink
One of them is for the minor chance Steve is there.
I think Steve will be off to Old Trafford today. like
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-26, 1:57 pm

One is in ones seat

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-12-26, 2:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:One is in ones seat
Well let's hope they are not hungover from yesterday, after their Big Mac and Fries.

Or if they went posh nosh then let's hope it's not a case of headless Turkey's. Shocked
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland take on Bolton today, with a few familiar faces returning to Wearside Empty Chatbox anyone?

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-26, 3:23 pm

Chatbox is open - sorry a bit late!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-26, 5:00 pm

Dire, and that's being kind.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-26, 5:09 pm

Typical Parky stuff, if you can’t beat us right now with no real centre halves then the I fear for you. Still a point against the bottom teams better than nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-26, 5:33 pm

Listened on radio and it sounded awful - lots of unhappy fans and heard a few shouts for Superkev - frankly I don't think SuperMAN could rescue us right now. Very depressing Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-26, 5:40 pm

Have the "give him a chance, man" fans realised that he's f***ing useless yet?

Donald needs a kick up the backside for appointing him in the first place.

Spend some of the money, that you said we have loads of in this league and correct your mistake ffs
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-26, 6:06 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Have the "give him a chance, man" fans realised that he's f***ing useless yet?

Spend some of the money, that you said we have loads of in this league and correct your mistake ffs
Either give it a rest or f*ck right off.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-12-26, 6:37 pm

wanderer wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:Have the "give him a chance, man" fans realised that he's f***ing useless yet?

For me he and Willywanka are Mags.  Don't fall for it.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-26, 10:08 pm

wanderer wrote:

Well I agree with Steve about Parkinson.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum