SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» New strip
Dilemma EmptyToday at 4:59 pm by gil t azell

» Keeping spirits up !
Dilemma EmptyToday at 8:10 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Happy Birthday
Dilemma EmptyYesterday at 9:02 pm by Old Man!

» Salary cap
Dilemma EmptyYesterday at 2:45 pm by Kipper

» Well done Jack
Dilemma Empty2020-08-09, 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Meeting Monday
Dilemma Empty2020-08-08, 8:59 am by cyprussyd

» Eddie Howe
Dilemma Empty2020-08-07, 9:31 am by Mackemneil

» Who wants to be a millionaire ?
Dilemma Empty2020-08-06, 6:26 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Well done Harrogate Town!!!
Dilemma Empty2020-08-05, 5:46 pm by gil t azell

» serious question
Dilemma Empty2020-08-04, 10:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

TALKSPORT FEED

Dilemma

Go down

Dilemma Empty Dilemma

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-12-14, 5:27 pm

From what we have seen of this Sunderland squad since Parkinson arrived, he has not motivated them to play as a team or to achieve their own individual potential. That is a major worry for me as we approach the Transfer Window. The team that failed to perform against Blackpool today included 9 of the players that participated in the Wembley Final against Charlton. But for that soul destroying ultra late goal by Charlton we may have been promoted. We may not have been at our best at Wembley but there was enough good football to see that with some astute additions to the squad we should have walked this division this season.
Why Ross could neither find those astute signings or motivate roughly the same squad to perform this year, may, with the recent revelations, be more about players issues and relationships than the efforts of Jack Ross. However, Parkinson has not managed to achieve anything positive other than our 5-0 against Tranmere.
The dilemma is, do we allow Parkinson the time to bring in the 4 or 5 players that Stewart Donald has promised and will it lift the changing room and make a difference OR will we be doing a Sunderland and throwing good money after bad. I would be more confident if he had recognised our failings but was getting the best out of a mediocre bunch.
Press conferences hardly lift the spirits, PP is very dour and if that is the way he speaks with players it is no wonder there is no oomph in the team.

Options:

Sack him and appoint someone with drive with limited time to assess and strengthen the squad

Keep him, but not invest, and see us finish in mid table

Keep him and invest, but with no guarantees of improvement
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Dilemma Empty Re: Dilemma

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-14, 5:35 pm

Sack him. He's fallen out with our better players because they don't want to play hoofball.

We will regret it imo
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-12-14, 5:37 pm

I don't think we should invest in the January window with PP in charge, besides even if we were to add additions our promotion prospects are minimal to say the least. What money is there anyway?

I would be more worried at the points difference between us and third from bottom atm.

So it's a case of sticking with PP no investment and then hope for a mid table finish.

Hopefully we can start afresh with a new manager next season with a different approach and a better outlook of getting out of this league.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-14, 6:21 pm

SD will be over the moon with fans being happy with mid table and spending nothing.

Looks like he's changing the mindset of the fans ambitions of wanting promotion.

Music to his ears, if all the fans think this way, he'll come out of hiding
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-14, 6:58 pm

If anyone off here was at the game today you could not have failed to notice one incident when Flanagan had the ball at his feet a couple of yards outside his own penalty area no danger at all near him, he looked up didn't know what to do so passed back to J Mac.
Now please tell me how that was Parkys fault, truth is most of them are just not good enough, or have no confidence whatsoever.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-14, 7:05 pm

wanderer wrote:If anyone off here was at the game today you could not have failed to notice one incident when Flanagan had the ball at his feet a couple of yards outside his own penalty area no danger at all near him, he looked up didn't know what to do so passed back to J Mac.
Now please tell me how that was Parkys fault, truth is most of them are just not good enough, or have no confidence whatsoever.
It was right in front of me and IMO made worse when fans moaned, understandably, and Flannagan reacted by waving his hand at us. Not a major incident at all but maybe a sign of how things are.

I stress I heard no booing of Flannagan just a collective moan.

I have no faith in PP because he has done nothing for me to earn that faith. I hate sacking managers but the club needs one big kick up the arse and I'm not convinced PP is the man to do it. Who is the man, no idea.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-14, 7:13 pm

Pay a manager a better wage and bonus, and we might get a better manager.

This is the extent of this owners ability and ambition, picking the cheap option and hiring a dinosaur.

SD wants promotion, and can apparently spend enough in this league to compete.

He's doing a poor job in trying to convince the fans this ambition. All mouth and no action
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-14, 7:17 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Pay a manager a better wage and bonus, and we might get a better manager.

This is the extent of this owners ability and ambition, picking the cheap option and hiring a dinosaur.
How much is he paying the manager, I dont know so how do you?

He can

He's doing a poor job in trying to convince the fans this ambition. All mouth and no action
He is not convincing one fan but I doubt he ever could

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-14, 7:20 pm

If we could pay more, we would have gotten better than parkinson, that's why most fans think he's the cheap option.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-14, 7:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:Pay a manager a better wage and bonus, and we might get a better manager.

He can

Syd, he has never said anything to make me believe he either goes to matches or even knows where the SOL is
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-14, 7:35 pm

So wrong. Had a season ticket for years, so un convince yourself
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-14, 7:43 pm

wanderer wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

He can

Syd, he has never said anything to make me believe he either goes to matches or even knows where the SOL is
I was there and I go to all the home games so hopefully you'll think my opinion counts. The players to me don't look a rsed and they don't look like they want the ball. I think this is down to the manager not being able to motivate them or get the best out of them tactically. Now I know things were not going great under Ross but I can't remember such a bad performance under him. I know you were vociferous in wanting rid of Ross but that doesn't make Parkinson the right man. I wanted someone better not worse.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-12-14, 8:27 pm

Steve30000 wrote:SD will be over the moon with fans being happy with mid table and spending nothing.

Looks like he's changing the mindset of the fans ambitions of wanting promotion.

Music to his ears, if all the fans think this way, he'll come out of hiding
Strange you want PP sacked, yet calling fans being happy with mid table, spending nothing.

I don't understand your logic?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-14, 8:50 pm

Eh? If you're happy with mid table, and barney in charge, that's even stranger logic.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-12-15, 7:47 am

Steve30000 wrote:Eh? If you're happy with mid table, and barney in charge, that's even stranger logic.
If you were to read my earlier post on this topic, I do state 'hopefully a new manager in for next season'

So yes realistically we have to settle for a mid table finish and your friend Barney until the end of the season. Very Happy
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum