SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» New strip
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) EmptyToday at 4:59 pm by gil t azell

» Keeping spirits up !
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) EmptyToday at 8:10 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Happy Birthday
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) EmptyYesterday at 9:02 pm by Old Man!

» Salary cap
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) EmptyYesterday at 2:45 pm by Kipper

» Well done Jack
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty2020-08-09, 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Meeting Monday
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty2020-08-08, 8:59 am by cyprussyd

» Eddie Howe
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty2020-08-07, 9:31 am by Mackemneil

» Who wants to be a millionaire ?
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty2020-08-06, 6:26 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Well done Harrogate Town!!!
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty2020-08-05, 5:46 pm by gil t azell

» serious question
An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty2020-08-04, 10:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

TALKSPORT FEED

An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )

Go down

An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-09, 7:20 pm

Pre/early season the majority of our fans were united in saying it was the build up of games because of cup success that led to our missing out on promotion, And as such wanted us to concentrate on promotion and exit the cups early. ok so far.
Parky came in at the start of a run of cup games, used them to look at the squad. And as the fans had earlier said exit the cups early we duly did and went out of them all.
Now you cant have your cake and eat it, we went out of all the cup competitions and the same fans are going ape shit because of all the defeats Parky has had. So my question is WTF do they want.
Answers on a card to Mr S Donald Co stadium of light sunderland.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty Re: An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-09, 7:31 pm

How many league games have we lost?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Empty Re: An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-12-09, 7:44 pm

wanderer wrote:Pre/early season the majority of our fans were united in saying it was the build up of games because of cup success that led to our missing out on promotion, And as such wanted us to concentrate on promotion and exit the cups early. ok so far.
Parky came in at the start of a run of cup games, used them to look at the squad. And as the fans had earlier said exit the cups early we duly did and went out of them all.
Now you cant have your cake and eat it, we went out of all the cup competitions and the same fans are going ape shit because of all the defeats Parky has had. So my question is WTF do they want.
We were doing better league wise last season despite the cup matches, but those prolonged cup matches did affect our league performances, obviously.

That's why imo we are better out of the cup games but that hasn't reflected thus far on the progress of us getting out of this league unfortunately, why?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-09, 9:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2hrs 11 mins into that, its about parkinson.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-09, 9:24 pm

trouble_n_stripes wrote:

That's why imo we are better out of the cup games but that hasn't reflected thus far on the progress of us getting out of this league unfortunately, why?

because we got rid of a number of decent players in the off season (mostly for wage related reasons) and replaced them with various loan signings and the like so the squad is clearly worse than it was last season and yet somehow we are expecting to do better - which seems odd

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-09, 9:31 pm

The team is still made up of those who had us chasing the top two positions last season.

Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-12-09, 9:49 pm

Steve30000 wrote:The team is still made up of those who had us chasing the top two positions last season.

Base salary still far to high & win bonus far to low. The players are NEVER out on their legs.

Ps. The lino's probably run as far as some of ours.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-09, 11:19 pm

Steve30000 wrote:The team is still made up of those who had us chasing the top two positions last season.

except for Cattermole and Honeyman and Oviedo - replaced by...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-09, 11:30 pm

fitz wrote:
trouble_n_stripes wrote:

because we got rid of a number of decent players in the off season (mostly for wage related reasons) and replaced them with various loan signings and the like so the squad is clearly worse than it was last season and yet somehow we are expecting to do better - which seems odd
Far too sensible an observation for most people - not on here - I mean generally Laughing
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-09, 11:47 pm

Doesn't take much to get out of this league, but we're determined to make it look impossible.

I see a few fans ambitions on here have been knocked down a peg or two.

Well done to the owner, he's finally getting the fans to come down to his level
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-10, 9:27 am

wanderer wrote:Pre/early season the majority of our fans were united in saying it was the build up of games because of cup success that led to our missing out on promotion, And as such wanted us to concentrate on promotion and exit the cups early. ok so far.
Really odd question that has already been answered. The league form is crap as well and the performances have got worse. Are you surprised people are kicking off? Maybe Parkinson is a decent manager who can't do much with this squad (that makes Ross a genius for what he did). Then again perhaps Parkinson is just rubbish. Either way, the trajectory is downhill at the moment.

Despite your multitude of posts recentty Wanderer, I'm still not sure I get where you're coming from or what your view point is. What do you think needs to change at the club or are you OK as is? You were vociferous in wanting rid of Ross but seem to have a poke at anyone who wants rid of Parkinson. Are you thinking a change of ownership is needed? A Director of Football? Plenty of good solutions have been posted on the forum? What do you think, or do you just want an argument with Steve3000? Fine if that's the case, it keeps me amused Laughing .
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-10, 9:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-10, 10:39 am

Kipper wrote:
Really odd question that has already been answered. The league form is crap as well and the performances have got worse. Are you surprised people are kicking off? Maybe Parkinson is a decent manager who can't do much with this squad (that makes Ross a genius for what he did). Then again perhaps Parkinson is just rubbish. Either way, the trajectory is downhill at the moment.

Despite your multitude of posts recentty Wanderer, I'm still not sure I get where you're coming from or what your view point is. What do you think needs to change at the club or are you OK as is? You were vociferous in wanting rid of Ross but seem to have a poke at anyone who wants rid of Parkinson. Are you thinking a change of ownership is needed? A Director of Football? Plenty of good solutions have been posted on the forum? What do you think, or do you just want an argument with Steve3000? Fine if that's the case, it keeps me amused Laughing .
Please don't get me wrong  Kipper, I am quite flexible. I can argue with you also, no problem.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-10, 10:48 am

Kipper wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
OMG - I love stats and graphs and thatreally paints a picture that no one wants to see! Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-10, 11:10 am

Hieronymus wrote:
OMG - I love stats and graphs and thatreally paints a picture that no one wants to see! Crying or Very sad
Well that graph also shows just as bad a dip pre Parky, funny eh.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-10, 11:59 am

wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Doesn't it show a general upward trend from Ross this season and then a general downward trend from Parkinson?
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-10, 9:21 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Kipper wrote:An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers ) Points_per_game
Doesn't it show a general upward trend from Ross this season and then a general downward trend from Parkinson?

I think it just shows a general downward trend ever since we entered L1 - which is not that surprising given the squad has been steadily depleted and worsened since we got here (for obvious reasons)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-12, 12:12 am

fitz wrote:
Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

I think it just shows a general downward trend ever since we entered L1 - which is not that surprising given the squad has been steadily depleted and worsened since we got here (for obvious reasons)
That was what I picked up and the fact that the general trend is also headed towards yet more relegation form Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum