SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Week 3
74 to go EmptyToday at 7:18 pm by Hieronymus

» brighton
74 to go EmptyToday at 7:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Week 2
74 to go EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» KIMPIOKA
74 to go EmptyToday at 6:54 pm by gil t azell

» League Table - Week 2
74 to go EmptyToday at 2:07 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 1
74 to go EmptyToday at 2:04 pm by gil t azell

» No live football for us this year
74 to go EmptyToday at 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Peterborough United
74 to go EmptyToday at 7:56 am by oldblackcat

» Seems you are not alone Gill
74 to go Empty2020-09-23, 8:35 am by cyprussyd

» Maybe we owe Camp an apology
74 to go Empty2020-09-22, 7:47 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

74 to go

Go down

74 to go Empty 74 to go

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-09, 9:00 am

Yes with Christmas round the corner and a new year looming we are only 74 points away from that magic 100 points and guaranteed promotion.

OK a wee bit tongue in cheek but its hard to believe that it was only 5 months ago when we hoped and expected that automatic place this season. Disappointment was still in the air after last season but reinforcements had arrived and we knew that a minor improvement would see the job done, so what went wrong?

Well two things stand out for me and its not the manager directly responsible, well I dont think it was.

1. The lack of a leader on and off the pitch, whatever Catts was earning it may have been worth continuing paying it.
2. The very obvious lack of a striker who can actually score on a regular basis.

We can add many things and blame many people but I'm afraid the buck stops at the top. Donald enjoyed unrivaled popularity when he arrived and he did not put a step wrong but hat was the easy bit, the hard bit is the here and now.

Whatever our thoughts on players, the manager and indeed Donald himself one thing we can all agree on, we are in a pivotal moment on our future and Donald's reputation as owner.

Keep PP and back him or pull the trigger and sack him IMO its time for communication from the Don. He needs to show us he is in control, knows the concerns and is dealing with those concerns.

If he is backing PP then explain why, what the plan is and that the funds he needs are in place with reinforcements lined up.

What is happening day tom day, we are two directors down and both did a lot of work at the club, who is doing that day to day work now?

Get the next few weeks wrong and crowds will drop dramatically IMO and any thoughts of the big club having a hard time will be gone for years to come.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

74 to go Empty Re: 74 to go

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-12-09, 10:51 am

Well put syd. It is a time for reality. We appear headed downwards not up. As you say the boss needs to speak because we are all depressed about what is happening and he is losing the support so needs to act pronto.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-09, 10:58 am

cyprussyd wrote:Yes with Christmas round the corner and a new year looming we are only 74 points away from that magic 100 points and guaranteed promotion.

OK a wee bit tongue in cheek but its hard to believe that it was only 5 months ago when we hoped and expected that automatic place this season. Disappointment was still in the air after last season but reinforcements had arrived and we knew that a minor improvement would see the job done, so what went wrong?

Well two things stand out for me and its not the manager directly responsible, well I dont think it was.

1. The lack of a leader on and off the pitch, whatever Catts was earning it may have been worth continuing paying it.
2. The very obvious lack of a striker who can actually score on a regular basis.

We can add many things and blame many people but I'm afraid the buck stops at the top. Donald enjoyed unrivaled popularity when he arrived and he did not put a step wrong but hat was the easy bit, the hard bit is the here and now.

Whatever our thoughts on players, the manager and indeed Donald himself one thing we can all agree on, we are in a pivotal moment on our future and Donald's reputation as owner.

Keep PP and back him or pull the trigger and sack him IMO its time for communication from the Don. He needs to show us he is in control, knows the concerns and is dealing with those concerns.

If he is backing PP then explain why, what the plan is and that the funds he needs are in place with reinforcements lined up.

What is happening day tom day, we are two directors down and both did a lot of work at the club, who is doing that day to day work now?

Get the next few weeks wrong and crowds will drop dramatically IMO and any thoughts of the big club having a hard time will be gone for years to come.
100 points still a possibility ho hoh ho
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-09, 11:42 am

No chance will we get 100 points now.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)