SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
Sack him says Steve, then what EmptyToday at 9:46 am by Kipper

» The SunderMad barometer.
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-19, 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-19, 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-19, 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Oviedo
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-19, 1:26 pm by gil t azell

» Court Battle
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-16, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Josh Hawkes
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-15, 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Streaming news
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-14, 11:36 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-13, 12:41 pm by Old Man!

» optimism
Sack him says Steve, then what Empty2020-09-12, 7:10 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Sack him says Steve, then what

Go down

Sack him says Steve, then what Empty Sack him says Steve, then what

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-08, 8:10 am

Let the same clueless f*ckers that thought bringing in a long ball manager was what was needed, the same clueless f*ckers that filled the squad with players other clubs wanted rid of. Let them try again.What exactly did Donald and his mate Hill achieve at Eastleigh. What makes them think they can do better here.
So go on Steve what do you say we should do.Change the manager yeh that will fix it.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sack him says Steve, then what Empty Re: Sack him says Steve, then what

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-08, 9:33 am

wanderer wrote:Let the same clueless f*ckers that thought bringing in a long ball manager was what was needed, the same clueless f*ckers that filled the squad with players other clubs wanted rid of. Let them try again.What exactly did Donald and his mate Hill achieve at Eastleigh. What makes them think they can do better here.
So go on Steve what do you say we should do.Change the manager yeh that will fix it.
It can't get any worse. Carry on with 2 wins out of 12? Where's that going to get us?

The current ownership doesn't look like changing any time soon so my solution would be a director of football and a new manager.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-08, 9:48 am

The other thread not good enough? 😐

It's his tactics that are killing our chances of going up. he's deliberately leaving out our better, creative players so he can play his long ball rubbish.

If we don't go up this season, the club could well be knackered
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-08, 10:02 am

I make no secret of being against sacking managers and after sacking Ross everything seems to say stay strong, but.

The club seems to have gone from a positive club, our club with a positive owner and board heading in the right direction to an absolute mess.

With the MD gone, Charlie gone and Donald away who is running the club?
The squad are good enough but need fire power, they have shown it in the past but now luck demotivated with no idea of what they are supposed to be doing. Is it all the managers fault, not in my opinion but I have seen nothing to suggest the manager can fix it.

If I was advising Donald I would say..

1. Bring in a director of football who understands football and can run it.
  2. His first job would be identify a manager who can come in and fix things.
  3. Make sure funds are available to recruit the right players in January and ship out any they deem surplus to requirements.
  4. Bring in a new MD to run the business.

My aim would be to get what we can from Saturdays game but to go into Boxing day with new people and new hope.

But I'm not advising Donald and can see PP here for some time and all we can do is hope but I am certainly finding hope in short supply.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-08, 10:06 am

Steve30000 wrote:The other thread not good enough? 😐

It's his tactics that are killing our chances of going up. he's deliberately leaving out our better, creative players so he can play his long ball rubbish.

If you mean McGeady and maguire as the better creative players are you satisfied with the effort they are putting in, im not.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-08, 10:35 am

wanderer wrote:

If you mean McGeady and maguire as the better creative players are you satisfied with the effort they are putting in, im not.
No not good enough, but if Parkinson de - motivates Maguire then th at says more about Parkinson.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-08, 10:37 am

cyprussyd wrote:I make no secret of being against sacking managers and after sacking Ross everything seems to say stay strong, but.

The club seems to have gone from a positive club, our club with a positive owner and board heading in the right direction to an absolute mess.

The squad are good enough but need fire power, they have shown it in the past but now luck demotivated with no idea of what they are supposed to be doing. Is it all the managers fault, not in my opinion but I have seen nothing to suggest the manager can fix it.

3. Make sure funds are available to recruit the right players in January and ship out any they deem surplus to requirements.

My aim would be to get what we can from Saturdays game but to go into Boxing day with new people and new hope.

But I'm not advising Donald and can see PP here for some time and all we can do is hope but I am certainly finding hope in short supply.
Yes.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-08, 12:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I make no secret of being against sacking managers and after sacking Ross everything seems to say stay strong, but.

Nice someone can see beyond the end of his nose.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-08, 12:29 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:

No not good enough, but if Parkinson de - motivates Maguire then th at says more about Parkinson.
If at work my boss asks me to do something alien to me I try to do it the best I can. What I am saying is some players are not giving it all they can, and in McGeady and Maguire its quite obvious. They are not doing themselves or the club any good whatsoever.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-08, 12:38 pm

wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:

No not good enough, but if Parkinson de-motivates Maguire then th at says more about Parkinson.
If at work my boss asks me to do something alien to me I try to do it the best I can. What I am saying is some players are not giving it all they can, and in McGeady and Maguire its quite obvious. They are not doing themselves or the club any good whatsoever.

people need to be motivated - some are motivated by money, some by praise, some by a challenge, some are self starters - all are different and one of the manager's key roles is to work out what's going to work both short term and in the medium to long term to get the players playing to the best of their ability - for me, you could pay me more money if you wanted to (and I won't stop you) but it doesn't have a huge impact on my effort whereas a bit of praise and a feeling of appreciation and I will (not literally) run through a wall

no manager is going to work their magic with every player - we have all seen big name managers that failed to get the best out of squads, but it doesn't feel as though anyone in a Sunderland shirt is motivated at the moment (and I expect it is just the same off the pitch) and that is just one area where the current management team look to be struggling (that and tactics and team selection  Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum