SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director EmptyToday at 9:46 am by Kipper

» The SunderMad barometer.
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-19, 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-19, 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-19, 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Oviedo
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-19, 1:26 pm by gil t azell

» Court Battle
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-16, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Josh Hawkes
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-15, 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Streaming news
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-14, 11:36 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-13, 12:41 pm by Old Man!

» optimism
REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty2020-09-12, 7:10 pm by gil t azell

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director

Go down

REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty BREAKING NEWS

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-06, 11:17 am

[size=15]James Hunter

@JHunterChron

·
4m

[/size]

BREAKING: Charlie Methven has resigned from the board at #safc for personal reasons.
He will officially leave the club next Thursday.
He will retain his 6 percent stake in the club

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty Re: REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-06, 12:15 pm

Here come the rumours
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director

Post  Guest on 2019-12-06, 4:20 pm

Charlie Methven will retain his 6% stake in the club after officially stepping down from the board. The Executive Director is starting a family in the New Year. Read More...https://www.sportsanalog.com/2019/12/06/revealed-charlie-methven-explains-why-he-resigned-as-a-director-at-sunderland/

Back to top Go down

REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director Empty Re: REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-06, 6:11 pm

[size=70]CLUB STATEMENT:Charlie Methven[/size]

LATEST NEWS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oscar Chamberlain
06 December, 2019
%C2%A0Facebook]=https://www.safc.com:443/news/club-news/2019/december/club-statement-charlie-methven] Facebook
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/club-news/2019/december/club-statement-charlie-methven&text=Charlie Methven&] Twitter[/url]

Charlie Methven has resigned as a director of Sunderland AFC for personal reasons, and will leave the club’s Board next Thursday.

Announcing his resignation, Charlie said: “This is a really tough decision to make, but for both family and work-related reasons it was something I felt I had to do. My wife and I are expecting our first child in the New Year, and the reality of my day job – which is largely political consultancy – is that the first months of a new government will be very challenging. I’ve been a largely absentee husband, father and colleague for nearly two years, as the SAFC project took over most of my life, and it’s time that I re-paid those close to me for their patience. As a shareholder, I will of course take a very keen interest in how we get on in the coming months and there are a couple of projects away from the day-to-day running of the club where I will continue to help Stewart and Juan, who has now returned to the country. Finally, I would like to thank Stewart, for his unfailing friendship and some great times, the SAFC staff, who have worked hard to keep the club running so professionally as we went about a tough re-structuring and SAFC’s supporters, especially those involved with the Red and White Army and the Branch Liaison Council. I strongly believe that with the restructuring completed, and investment in place, the club now has the stable platform to move onwards and upwards.”

Stewart Donald said: “This is a really difficult one for me, as Charlie and I have been working non-stop together on this for almost two years. He came and asked if he could resign a couple of months ago, as he was finding it very difficult to keep all the plates in his life spinning, but I asked him to stay on until the investment process was concluded and Juan was back in the UK. I am grateful that he did that, as it enabled me to take a breather and re-gather my energies for the next stage, but it will still feel odd without him, even if we still see each other on a social basis. I want to wish him and Helene all the best as they look to start their family.”
Announcing his resignation, Charlie said: “This is a really tough decision to make, but for both family and work-related reasons it was something I felt I had to do. My wife and I are expecting our first child in the New Year, and the reality of my day job – which is largely political consultancy – is that the first months of a new government will be very challenging. I’ve been a largely absentee husband, father and colleague for nearly two years, as the SAFC project took over most of my life, and it’s time that I re-paid those close to me for their patience. As a shareholder, I will of course take a very keen interest in how we get on in the coming months and there are a couple of projects away from the day-to-day running of the club where I will continue to help Stewart and Juan, who has now returned to the country. Finally, I would like to thank Stewart, for his unfailing friendship and some great times, the SAFC staff, who have worked hard to keep the club running so professionally as we went about a tough re-structuring and SAFC’s supporters, especially those involved with the Red and White Army and the Branch Liaison Council. I strongly believe that with the restructuring completed, and investment in place, the club now has the stable platform to move onwards and upwards.”
Stewart Donald said: “This is a really difficult one for me, as Charlie and I have been working non-stop together on this for almost two years. He came and asked if he could resign a couple of months ago, as he was finding it very difficult to keep all the plates in his life spinning, but I asked him to stay on until the investment process was concluded and Juan was back in the UK. I am grateful that he did that, as it enabled me to take a breather and re-gather my energies for the next stage, but it will still feel odd without him, even if we still see each other on a social basis. I want to wish him and Helene all the best as they look to start their family.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-12-06, 10:00 pm

Heaps of abusive idiots on social media.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-06, 11:03 pm

Heaps of unhappy posters on social media after listening to what he said at the RAWA meeting

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-07, 10:11 am

Is that where someone secretly recorded his comments?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-07, 11:04 am

Don't know of it was secretly recorded, but it was definitely recorded

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-07, 11:30 am

Where he says we're unbelievably uneducated in business?

Quite a sweeping statement
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-12-07, 3:48 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Where he says we're unbelievably uneducated in business?

Quite a sweeping statement

who was the "we" in that statement? the club or the fans?

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-07, 4:17 pm

The fans.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum