SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
Have I reached the crossroads? EmptyToday at 2:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Chris Brown gangbang tape
Have I reached the crossroads? EmptyToday at 9:34 am by Sanddancer123

» The SunderMad barometer.
Have I reached the crossroads? EmptyYesterday at 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
Have I reached the crossroads? EmptyYesterday at 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
Have I reached the crossroads? EmptyYesterday at 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Oviedo
Have I reached the crossroads? EmptyYesterday at 1:26 pm by gil t azell

» Court Battle
Have I reached the crossroads? Empty2020-09-16, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Josh Hawkes
Have I reached the crossroads? Empty2020-09-15, 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Streaming news
Have I reached the crossroads? Empty2020-09-14, 11:36 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Have I reached the crossroads? Empty2020-09-13, 12:41 pm by Old Man!

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Have I reached the crossroads?

Go down

Have I reached the crossroads? Empty Have I reached the crossroads?

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-24, 1:08 pm

People who know me know that I am the eternal optimist and avid Sunderland fan, even that terrible championship relegation year could not finish me off.

However a combination of events seems to have me on the brink.

Annette's poor health and need for my 24/7 care for her is a massive factor but blaming that would be an easy cop out.

My health is making match day more and more of a challenge, even getting on and off the bus is a struggle but again that would be an easy cop out.

A big factor is the sacking of Ross, not him losing his job exactly but that feeling of here we go again. The manager merry go round seemed to be finally over but sadly not and his replacement and the teams performance and results do little to excite, indeed depress is more fitting than excite.

One thing that has become obvious is habit, match day was a day of habit but I have missed a few games through a combination of health and I have been surprised how easy it has been to break the habit.

Evening games are out for me right now but I find the thought of missing Tuesdays game more a relief than a disappointment and again that shocks me.

Is this the end or just a temporary blip, I wish I knew the answer.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Have I reached the crossroads? Empty Re: Have I reached the crossroads?

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-11-24, 1:44 pm

Don't think you're alone at being at a crossroad....several things have kept me from missing games this season (no way as serious as you mind) but as yourself  missing a game doesn't seem as hard as it used to....
oldblackcat
oldblackcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-11-24, 1:48 pm

I missed you 
However you didn’t miss much 
On a better note hope you and Annette keep aswell as you can 
Look after yourself 
It’s more important than any match
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-24, 7:01 pm

Quite the opposite for me, I am
desperate to be there Tuesday. But it either means being out from 8_30 am not getting home till 11pm. Or having to do a double journey. Neither very appealing.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-11-24, 7:03 pm

enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-11-24, 8:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:People who know me know that I am the eternal optimist and avid Sunderland fan, even that terrible championship relegation year could not finish me off.

Annette's poor health and need for my 24/7 care for her is a massive factor but blaming that would be an easy cop out.

My health is making match day more and more of a challenge, even getting on and off the bus is a struggle but again that would be an easy cop out.

A big factor is the sacking of Ross, not him losing his job exactly but that feeling of here we go again. The manager merry go round seemed to be finally over but sadly not and his replacement and the teams performance and results do little to excite, indeed depress is more fitting than excite.

One thing that has become obvious is habit, match day was a day of habit but I have missed a few games through a combination of health and I have been surprised how easy it has been to break the habit.

Evening games are out for me right now but I find the thought of missing Tuesdays game more a relief than a disappointment and again that shocks me.

It's never the end Syd as sadism does not give up easy.  Like me and many before us we are just going a situation we have seen too many times before with insignificant change.  Your personal circumstances have caused the adjustment and for me you have got your priorities in order.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man! on 2019-11-24, 9:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:People who know me know that I am the eternal optimist and avid Sunderland fan, even that terrible championship relegation year could not finish me off.

My situation is exactly the same as yours Syd. My wife, too, needs 24/7 although she reckons not. For those who don't know my wife is 91 and I am her toy boy , only 77 years old and we have been together for 47 years. In the old Roker Park days she was also a season ticket holder. For the past 5 years I have tried to convince her that I should give up my season ticket and miss games in order to look after her. Another factor to consider is that I live in North Northumberland just 4 miles from the Scottish border. and the recent start on the A19 roadworks south of the Tyne tunnel has resulted in my having to use the Western byepass of Newcastle which adds at least 90 minutes to my journey each way as well as increasing the distance travelled to 160 + miles round trip. I'm afraid I'll attend only rwo or three more matches in order to say my fairwells to friends that I look forward to seeing at every home match. The one thing that I will not do is listen to the games on Radio Newcastle for I think that Bennett is the most negative commentator that I have ever heard. 

Just in case I don't get to meet up with you Syd please let me have your email address so that I can keep in touch with you for I probably will not be checking here much for some of the newer members are almost as negative as Bennett
Old Man!
Old Man!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-25, 1:07 am

Well after a long talk with Annette I will now be there on Tuesday night. Sorry your stay with us as been short Les but I quite like the newer members because they bring a different viewpoint.

email is no secret [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-11-25, 4:10 am

Take care Les, I wish you and yours all the very best  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-25, 9:00 am

Its sad but mostly inevitable that one day you will have to put the love of your club to one side for the love of a family member. To me and you I hope its a no brainer. But never the less a big miss in your life.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-11-25, 1:18 pm

Old Man! wrote:

My situation is exactly the same as yours Syd. My wife, too, needs 24/7 although she reckons not. For those who don't know my wife is 91 and I am her toy boy , only 77 years old and we have been together for 47 years. In the old Roker Park days she was also a season ticket holder. For the past 5 years I have tried to convince her that I should give up my season ticket and miss games in order to look after her. Another factor to consider is that I live in North Northumberland just 4 miles from the Scottish border. and the recent start on the A19 roadworks south of the Tyne tunnel has resulted in my having to use the Western byepass of Newcastle which adds at least 90 minutes to my journey each way as well as increasing the distance travelled to 160 + miles round trip. I'm afraid I'll attend only rwo or three more matches in order to say my fairwells to friends that I look forward to seeing at every home match. The one thing that I will not do is listen to the games on Radio Newcastle for I think that Bennett is the most negative commentator that I have ever heard. 

Just in case I don't get to meet up with you Syd please let me have your email address so that I can keep in touch with you for I probably will not be checking here much for some of the newer members are almost as negative as Bennett
Sad
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-11-25, 8:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well after a long talk with Annette I will now be there on Tuesday night. Sorry your stay with us as been short Les but I quite like the newer members because they bring a different viewpoint.

email is no secret [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

APPL Over the moon on all of that Syd. 

Best wishes & wrap up good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum