SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Oxford United v Sunderland AFC
Looking back on yesterday EmptyToday at 2:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Chris Brown gangbang tape
Looking back on yesterday EmptyToday at 9:34 am by Sanddancer123

» The SunderMad barometer.
Looking back on yesterday EmptyYesterday at 5:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Week 2
Looking back on yesterday EmptyYesterday at 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Sue Barker leaving BBC's A Question of Sport after 24 years
Looking back on yesterday EmptyYesterday at 1:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Oviedo
Looking back on yesterday EmptyYesterday at 1:26 pm by gil t azell

» Court Battle
Looking back on yesterday Empty2020-09-16, 6:43 pm by gil t azell

» Josh Hawkes
Looking back on yesterday Empty2020-09-15, 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Streaming news
Looking back on yesterday Empty2020-09-14, 11:36 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Looking back on yesterday Empty2020-09-13, 12:41 pm by Old Man!

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.

Looking back on yesterday

Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Looking back on yesterday

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-24, 12:26 pm

Before the start of yesterdays game Coventry were 3rd in the league and they were made to look good because for 65 mins we were terrible. I don't want to blame any individuals but part of our poor display was that our centre backs clearences were just punts up field and mostly went to a Coventry player and forward they came again, and again.
When Geads had that shot from the edge of the box saved by their keeper ( our first shot on target I think ) I looked at the clock 66 mins played,pitiful.
Now if we managed to get a draw out of that what would it have been, if some of our so called more talented players had been more productive. So if we can get a draw out of that it wont take much more to win.
Or am I being too optimistic.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 512
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  gil t azell on 2019-11-24, 12:47 pm

wanderer wrote:Before the start of yesterdays game Coventry were 3rd in the league and they were made to look good because for 65 mins we were terrible. I don't want to blame any individuals but part of our poor display was that our centre backs clearences were just punts up field and mostly went to a Coventry player and forward they came again, and again.
When Geads had that shot from the edge of the box saved by their keeper ( our first shot on target I think ) I looked at the clock 66 mins played,pitiful.
Now if we managed to get a draw out of that what would it have been, if some of our so called more talented players had been more productive. So if we can get a draw out of that it wont take much more to win.
Or am I being too optimistic.
I admire you for looking back on yesterday. I'm not.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6469
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 60
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-11-24, 1:49 pm

Before the game I said it was a kind of must win/mustn't lose type of game....as we played poor maybe we can be positive and think of it as a point gained?
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2868
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  Guest on 2019-11-24, 2:04 pm

Coventry had a game plan, they got possession and broke very quickly. Our plan appeared to involve passing the ball backwards or sideways until Coventry were nicely back in their defensive formation, and then hoof the ball two feet over Will griggs head. Shocking to watch
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-11-24, 8:55 pm

Our general form seems so bad at the minute the question must be asked - are we missing Cattermole?
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4403
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-25, 1:12 am

Nostalgic wrote:Our general form seems so bad at the minute the question must be asked - are we missing Cattermole?
Cattermole and Honeyman IMO

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50676
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-11-25, 1:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Our general form seems so bad at the minute the question must be asked - are we missing Cattermole?
Cattermole and Honeyman IMO
Yep - on field leadership is vastly under-rated - until you don't have it any more Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin
Admin

Posts : 10456
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-11-25, 8:27 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Our general form seems so bad at the minute the question must be asked - are we missing Cattermole?
Cattermole and Honeyman IMO
Yep - on field leadership is vastly under-rated - until you don't have it any more Crying or Very sad
True H BUT if the club had a spine it wouldn't have come to this. Step up young man and take the opportunity....anyone?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 10822
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 102
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Looking back on yesterday Empty Re: Looking back on yesterday

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum