SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
SunderMad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» New strip
Done deal EmptyToday at 4:59 pm by gil t azell

» Keeping spirits up !
Done deal EmptyToday at 8:10 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Happy Birthday
Done deal EmptyYesterday at 9:02 pm by Old Man!

» Salary cap
Done deal EmptyYesterday at 2:45 pm by Kipper

» Well done Jack
Done deal Empty2020-08-09, 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Meeting Monday
Done deal Empty2020-08-08, 8:59 am by cyprussyd

» Eddie Howe
Done deal Empty2020-08-07, 9:31 am by Mackemneil

» Who wants to be a millionaire ?
Done deal Empty2020-08-06, 6:26 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Well done Harrogate Town!!!
Done deal Empty2020-08-05, 5:46 pm by gil t azell

» serious question
Done deal Empty2020-08-04, 10:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sunderland AFC League 1
FcTables.com

Done deal

Go down

Done deal Empty Done deal

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-31, 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size=15]James Hunter

@JHunterChron

·
5m

Seems FPP group have completed deal for eight-figure investment in #SAFC. No official confirmation from club or Companies House as yet, but Methven has been talking about it as a done deal. Will leave ownership structure unchanged - Donald 74%, Sartori 20%, Methven 6%[/size]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Done deal Empty Re: Done deal

Post  Vincemac on 2019-10-31, 2:44 pm

Great news 
Now let’s listen to the doom and gloomers
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-10-31, 6:37 pm

Does anyone trust these to spend any money wisely?

They're not taking any shares, so is it a loan?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-31, 6:44 pm

So the yanks have hoyed some loose change in the pot, pleased-yes, impressed-no.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-10-31, 6:46 pm

If it was a takeover, I'd have been really chuffed. As it is, with the same set up, and them taking no equity, it's basically their version of giving us 2p..

Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-31, 6:49 pm

Nice to see everyone happy

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-10-31, 6:56 pm

Nothing has changed, that's why. We need a overhaul, and it's not going to happen.

So we'll have the same nuggets making the same mistakes. Same scouts, same coaches, and some loose change
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-31, 7:56 pm

Sunderland: US consortium invests funds in League One club

• 1 hour ago

• [size=13]From the sectionSunderland[/size]

[size=16][size=16]Sharethis page
[/size][/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Funds will be spent on several areas of the club, including the fan experience at the Stadium of Light

Sunderland have confirmed "significant investment" from the American consortium FPP Sunderland Limited, although exact figures are undisclosed.
This deal brings no change to the current ownership structure, as chairman Stewart Donald remains the majority and controlling shareholder.
The value of the investment is reported to be around £10m.
There had been previously been speculation surrounding a possible takeover at the League One club.
"FPP Sunderland Limited is backing the current management of Sunderland AFC through a significant investment it has made in the club's holding company, Madrox Partners Ltd," the statement said.
"Other terms of the investment are not being disclosed. The new investment is consistent with Mr.Donald's intention to attract additional financial resources to support the second phase of his plan to regenerate the club, including investing in the club's academy, recruitment structure, stadium infrastructure and fan experience."
Sunderland are currently eighth in League One, three points adrift of the play-off places.[/size]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-10-31, 8:08 pm

Absolutely delighted but curious as to why someone would put a significant amount of back pocket change into a League 1 club? What is in it for them?

If we get back to the prem will they then want a takeover?

Not being negative just curious.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-10-31, 8:52 pm

gil t azell wrote:Absolutely delighted but curious as to why someone would put a significant amount of back pocket change into a League 1 club? What is in it for them?

Yeh mate we shall see 
For the moment I’m happy 
However like I say some will never be happy
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-10-31, 9:17 pm

Stole this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

VincemacWell-Known Member

Start a ConversationJoined:
Jan 25, 2011
[size]Messages:[/size]
[size]Likes Received:[/size]

I'm just amazed that any Sunderland fan can try and find a negative about this. Do I wish it was a full takeover? Yes. Would I be happier if they at least bought about 20%? Yes.

This isn't the ideal result, but what it does mean is that we have another 3 (possibly 4) billionaires with a vested interest in how SAFC do. It means we can improve the areas which should give us long term success. It means these people are hardly likely to go elsewhere. It means they are very, very likely to end up with ownership down the line, all we need to do is the relatively simple task of getting out of league one. It means that the current owners don't need to spend on infrastructure, when January comes they can invest in the playing side (we don't need much but some would be good) without feeling like they should be spending on other areas first. It means we've taken the first step to coming back. No way on earth is this their sole involvement in SAFC, it wouldn't be worth their while.

It's sad to see that some are determined to still seek negatives, to still belittle it, to play it down and pretend it means nowt. I think half of them probably wish FPP had walked away completely because it would give them something else in their life to moan about.

Well **** them. I'm happy, I'm looking optimistically to the future for our club again and you know what, **** message boards for tonight, I'm going to go and get pissed because I'm working from home tomorrow. Hope all the decent SAFC fans who are excited about the possibilities that have opened up today have a good drink and a cracking night, cheers all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-31, 10:29 pm

Vincemac wrote:Stole this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jan 25, 2011

I'm just amazed that any Sunderland fan can try and find a negative about this. Do I wish it was a full takeover? Yes. Would I be happier if they at least bought about 20%? Yes.

This isn't the ideal result, but what it does mean is that we have another 3 (possibly 4) billionaires with a vested interest in how SAFC do. It means we can improve the areas which should give us long term success. It means these people are hardly likely to go elsewhere. It means they are very, very likely to end up with ownership down the line, all we need to do is the relatively simple task of getting out of league one. It means that the current owners don't need to spend on infrastructure, when January comes they can invest in the playing side (we don't need much but some would be good) without feeling like they should be spending on other areas first. It means we've taken the first step to coming back. No way on earth is this their sole involvement in SAFC, it wouldn't be worth their while.

It's sad to see that some are determined to still seek negatives, to still belittle it, to play it down and pretend it means nowt. I think half of them probably wish FPP had walked away completely because it would give them something else in their life to moan about.

Well **** them. I'm happy, I'm looking optimistically to the future for our club again and you know what, **** message boards for tonight, I'm going to go and get pissed because I'm working from home tomorrow. Hope all the decent SAFC fans who are excited about the possibilities that have opened up today have a good drink and a cracking night, cheers all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-31, 10:37 pm

gil t azell wrote:Absolutely delighted but curious as to why someone would put a significant amount of back pocket change into a League 1 club? What is in it for them?

I will join you there.  Business models, projections, return on investment etc way over my head.

Guess we are in for another ride.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-11-01, 4:54 am

Nostalgic wrote:

I will join you there.  Business models, projections, return on investment etc way over my head.

Guess we are in for another ride.
Easy to understand how such things can work but can't be arsed writing 'War'n'Peace' so without inside knowledge of the 'Loan structure' any speculation is bereft and so pointless.

So buckle in and enjoy the ride  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-01, 8:57 am

cyprussyd wrote:Nice to see everyone happy
As we are not privy to the ins and outs of what has been done we are still somewhat in the dark. Investment 8 figure, 10 mill to 99 mill. Some are saying a loan. Are there stipulations as to what the money is to be used on. Who decides how it is used. Will it 
give them a say in how the club is to progress.
To me we have to be pleased people of this stature are interested in our club, but I would still like to know more.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-11-01, 9:31 am

I see it as a cautious approach by the yanks, there is £10 million and get to the championship. More will follow in the championship, then probably a takeover when we get back to the premiership. They could cut their losses walk away though if they think it's a no no in the future as they don't own nothing.
If it is that you can't blame them can you.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-11-01, 9:36 am

Well they clearly know your potential.  I’d like to think they are putting enough in now to get you promoted and loads more next season to get you back in the prem.  It’s a nice thought.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-01, 9:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:Stole this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jan 25, 2011

APPL APPL APPL
Spot on. Sick of th moaners. I'm more than happy with the current ownership to carry on with an extra shed load of money. Money is being put into scouting and the academy as well so all good. Wish people would stop moaning about Donald - the club was a right mess before he took over and he's sorted a hell of a lot out. Sunderland will rise again but it's no instance fix.
Kipper
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-01, 10:58 am

barrowmackem wrote:I see it as a cautious approach by the yanks, there is £10 million and get to the championship. More will follow in the championship, then probably a takeover when we get back to the premiership. They could cut their losses walk away though if they think it's a no no in the future as they don't own nothing.
If it is that you can't blame them can you.
As I said above we know little more now than when we did before the announcement, all supposition.

Anyway its matchday tomorrow lets concentrate on that.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-11-01, 8:24 pm

good to see all the talk has not ended in nothing - hard to know what this means and what the terms are until more is revealed - let's hope that we spend the money more wisely than we have in the past - hopefully back to winning ways tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-11-02, 9:26 pm

What will the money be used for? We can't go and buy players that come with high fees due to the financial restrictions in place. So it must be to invest in the training academy and to replace more pink seats.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-02, 9:57 pm

trouble_n_stripes wrote:What will the money be used for? We can't go and buy players that come with high fees due to the financial restrictions in place. So it must be to invest in the training academy and to replace more pink seats.
In an exclusive conversation with the Sunderland Echo - more of which will be made available by the local newspaper - Charlie Methven has given further details on the now-confirmed investment made in the club by FPP Sunderland Limited, the group formed by American businessmen John Phelan, Glen Fuhrman and Rob Platek.
Phil Smith has revealed that Michael Dell is believed to be involved but in a passive role, and that whilst initial talks were regarding the group taking a controlling share they will not be on the shareholding register of the club - though they are investing an eight-figure sum that will be used to boost the club’s recruitment and academy structures, as well as the Stadium of Light and other infrastructure.
Speaking about future involvement from Juan Sartori, Methven clarified that fans can expect to see and hear a lot more from the Uruguayan businessman on a more regular basis, saying:
Juan is in the first stages of his first political career in Uruguay, but he will here on a much more regular basis going forward. He, Stewart and I put a substantial extra chunk of money into the club before this investment a few weeks ago, he is very engaged in the future direction of the club. He’s speaking to us two to three times a week at the moment and I think people can expect to see him an awful lot more going forward.
And talking about the details of the deal, the Sunderland Executive Director said:
The deal that we’ve signed is for FPP Sunderland to invest a very substantial sum into our management of the club. Really it’s to embark on phase two of the rebuild of Sunderland, having had a gruelling 18 months stripping everything back to ensure there’s no wastage anywhere.
It’s now time to start building again. We’ve always been clear that would require a bit of investment, from our very early interviews and podcasts, and we said that it was no good suddenly looking for it when we needed it.
We needed to be ahead of the game and the good thing about this is that it will enable us to do the things we know need to be done to take Sunderland to the next level.
He added:
This is about the medium to long term things that need to be put in place for Sunderland to reach its potential. There’s a large scouting network now being put in place by Tony Coton, including substantial numbers of scouts in this country, Scandanavia and elsewhere.
There’s going to be substantial investment into recruitment in the academy, and things that are hopefully going to be able to take the fan experience to the next level in terms of infrastructure and there’ll be an announcement in the near future on what that looks like.
Basically, the investment will allow us to run the club in a measured, strategic way.
It’s easy to underestimate how many clubs outside the Premier League are living hand-to-mouth and one month to the next, it makes it very difficult to plan strategically whereas this development enables us to plan and do things properly.
Our agreement is confidential and I wouldn’t want to speak for the investors on that, but obviously this is a very large sum of money for an investment outside the Premier League and will enable the club to have strategic certainty for the next couple of years.
It’s a very significant cash injection at any level outside of the Premier League.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-11-02, 10:04 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ excellent read. Thank you for posting.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-11-02, 10:55 pm

Not sure about his scouting network phrase as I thought we pretty well had the UK and northern Europe covered. Presumably we still have N America covered via our partnership via DC United.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum