SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Keeping spirits up !
Serious question EmptyYesterday at 5:23 pm by Vincemac

» Dave health update
Serious question Empty2020-05-21, 5:04 pm by Sid MCFC

» League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide
Serious question Empty2020-05-21, 3:00 pm by cyprussyd

» I know many people wouldn’t
Serious question Empty2020-05-20, 9:14 am by Sid MCFC

» Breaking news from sidMCFC
Serious question Empty2020-05-15, 5:35 pm by Sid MCFC

» Season card renewal update
Serious question Empty2020-05-14, 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

» what do you think?
Serious question Empty2020-05-12, 2:46 pm by Safcy

» Looking Bleak
Serious question Empty2020-05-11, 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» “stay alert, control the virus, save lives”
Serious question Empty2020-05-10, 1:46 pm by Vincemac

» League Table week 29
Serious question Empty2020-05-07, 8:32 am by Mackemneil

Serious question

Go down

Serious question Empty Serious question

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-30, 1:12 pm

The Shit hits the fan thread..
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
showed us there are passionate views and opinions on both sides, social media highlights this.

There can be no doubt that parliament and the country is split and whatever the outcome in Parliament the country will still be split with many thousands, indeed millions feeling let down.

We have a country that has many problems, inequality, poverty, homelessness, child poverty, a crumbling NHS, social services, care, indeed public services in general. We have schools begging parents for donations to provide the most basic of things like pen and paper. Then maybe the greatest shame of many shames, food banks.

BREXIT and IMO the mishandling of it by our political classes has pushed all of the above from the front pages.

In my 70 years I have never known a time like it, a scary time with death on the streets and hatred on the rise.

So my question is,"Can it be fixed, will it be fixed or is a new unknown future coming".

And I have not even mentioned global warming, the middle east, Trump or the future of the monarchy.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Serious question Empty Re: Serious question

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-30, 2:01 pm

Syd, if it can be fixed, I don't think you or I will live long enough to see it fixed. 

I think we have many years of turmoil before any progress can be made, possibly involving confrontation on the streets. I have no idea what will happen in the short term.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-08-30, 3:25 pm

This reminds me of my dear but long departed Mum.  In her latter years she was always complaining to be about the state of the country, I just used to remind her about her younger days being in the land army and her husband, my Dad, dropping over the Rhyne in the airborne div.  I didn’t even bother about the blitz and her losing a Brother in the Navy.

I’m not making light of our present problems just putting them in perspective.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-30, 3:43 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:This reminds me of my dear but long departed Mum.  In her latter years she was always complaining to be about the state of the country, I just used to remind her about her younger days being in the land army and her husband, my Dad, dropping over the Rhyne in the airborne div.  I didn’t even bother about the blitz and her losing a Brother in the Navy.

I hear what you are saying Sid, but wartime Britain all pulled together, this lot are pulling in different directions even amongst their own party members. 

It's total chaos  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-30, 4:43 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:This reminds me of my dear but long departed Mum.  In her latter years she was always complaining to be about the state of the country, I just used to remind her about her younger days being in the land army and her husband, my Dad, dropping over the Rhyne in the airborne div.  I didn’t even bother about the blitz and her losing a Brother in the Navy.

I hear what you are saying Sid, but wartime Britain all pulled together, this lot are pulling in different directions even amongst their own party members. 

It's total chaos  like
It sure is chaos and our only bright bit is at our age we probably will miss the worst

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-08-30, 9:18 pm

• It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

The opening lines from "A Tale of Two Cities":.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-08-30, 11:30 pm

Nostalgic wrote:

• It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Wow. I’ve read that 4 times and I’ll probably read it again in the morning.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-31, 2:56 pm

Nostalgic wrote:

Charles Dickens, one of the strongest opponents of poverty, capitalism and aristocratic elitism of his time.
I wonder what he would make of the return to children with rickets, old and vulnerable people being mistreated in care homes, insecure, short term housing and employment the norm, families relying on foodbanks, schools excluding disabled and special needs students (including Red House in Sunderland that excluded 50% of children last year) and a government that has brought back the equivalent of the workhouse in its flagship 'welfare' policy of Universal Credit Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum