SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Keeping spirits up !
Is the UK finished? EmptyYesterday at 5:53 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Dave health update
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-06-01, 10:28 am by oldblackcat

» Latest
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-29, 3:19 pm by gil t azell

» League Two clubs vote to end season, but League One teams fail to decide
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-21, 3:00 pm by cyprussyd

» I know many people wouldn’t
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-20, 9:14 am by Sid MCFC

» Breaking news from sidMCFC
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-15, 5:35 pm by Sid MCFC

» Season card renewal update
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-14, 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

» what do you think?
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-12, 2:46 pm by Safcy

» Looking Bleak
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-11, 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» “stay alert, control the virus, save lives”
Is the UK finished? Empty2020-05-10, 1:46 pm by Vincemac

Is the UK finished?

Go down

Is the UK finished? Empty Is the UK finished?

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-28, 9:43 am

It looks an odds on certainly that our new PM will be Boris and his cabinet will be one like never seen before.

Meanwhile over on the green benches we have Mr Corbyn and co doing their best to self implode, undecided on a clear BREXIT message and doing all they can to make the anti semitism worse.

I detest the conservative government and a change of PM can only make it worse and I am a Corbyn fan but, he needs to show some leadership.

With Farage standing in the wings and the LibDems enjoying a resurgence the upcoming general election could be interesting. If Labour backs leave they will be fighting for the space held by the Tories and BREXIT party. Back remain and they should see off the LibDems.

Still if all else fails we could all emigrate to the USA, oh, hang on.............

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

https://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Is the UK finished? Empty Re: Is the UK finished?

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-06-28, 4:41 pm

If Boris does win, and let's remember that odds on favourites have lost before now, by the time of the next general election I see the Conservatives having the largest number of Members of Parliament but not enough for a majority. He will have to form a coalition government. Now just picture the future with Boris as PM and Nigel as Deputy PM. Oh Joy, Oh Joy.  Shocked Rolling Eyes
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-28, 5:45 pm

Lever Malone wrote:If Boris does win, and let's remember that odds on favourites have lost before now, by the time of the next general election I see the Conservatives having the largest number of Members of Parliament but not enough for a majority. He will have to form a coalition government. Now just picture the future with Boris as PM and Nigel as Deputy PM. Oh Joy, Oh Joy.  Shocked Rolling Eyes
What have we done to upset you like

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-06-28, 6:00 pm

Yes the UK is finished as politics is so broken we are heading for another Scottish independence vote which will be won easily this time, and the ONLY solution to the Irish border issue post-Brexit is a united Ireland - so yes, the UK will cease to exist and we will live in England and Wales with a hard border north of Carlisle and along the Northumberland border just to north of Berwick.

I am only half joking - I have never felt so despondent at politics and politicians - but then political discourse only reflects the citizens it represents and look how divided, angry and nasty so many have become. Sad world we live in.

PS: Just a reminder that Farage is not yet an MP and if Brexit Party could not win in Peterborough then I think they will have a tougher job than many think.

PPS: Corbyn has no mandate or power to intervene in disciplinary issues within the Party - neither does he as leader have any power to override the Brexit policy agreed at Conference 2018. Some people in the Party want him to act like a dictator - but believe me they all have their own nasty agenda as these are the same people who also complained about 'people' in the leaders office 'interfering' with disciplinary cases, only a few weeks ago. Case of damned if you do and damned if you don't by the British media and right wing (Labour) MPs. So depressing ..... Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-06-28, 6:57 pm

Labour MP Chris Williamson suspended again over anti-Semitism row

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Image copyrightPA MEDIA
An MP suspended by Labour for remarks about the party's handling of anti-Semitism has again lost the whip - two days after being readmitted.
Chris Williamson was suspended in February after saying Labour had "given too much ground" over the issue.
However, he was allowed back in on Wednesday after an investigation by the party's National Executive Committee.
Now, a Labour source says issues raised by an MP on the investigation panel needed to be examined.
"Subsequently, the whip is not restored as the decision is still pending," the source said.

• MP let back into Labour after anti-Semitism row
  • MPs and peers attack Williamson ruling

Labour's general secretary Jennie Formby has written to the NEC to inform it of the issues with the investigation raised by the panel member - Labour MP Keith Vaz - and his concerns will be on the agenda for its next disputes committee meeting, said the source.
They added: "Under the party's rule book, the general secretary and the leader of the party cannot overturn decisions made by NEC panels, which are advised by independent barristers.
"Only the NEC has the power to do so."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-06-29, 7:10 pm

Is the UK finished?.....probably....I think the start of this was when Wales,Scotland and Ireland were given their own parliaments to decide  what happened in their countries imo.....was it Blair that gave them this choice? I can't remember tbh.

One thing I'm certain of is that the  Brexit vote has increased the likely hood.Let's face it instead of the result of the UK voting to leave the EU...we have politicians saying "Scotland voted remain,Ireland voted remain".....the UK voted,not individual countries ffs! just to make things more complicated Sturgeon is using this for an independent vote for Scotland...the border in Ireland becomes an issue and all Corbyn wants is to be prime minister...every politician seems to want what's best for them not what's best for the people.

Yes indeed politics has finished the UK imo!
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum